FuriBee X215 PRO 215mm FPV Racing Drone - Owners - Page 7 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 09, 2017, 09:20 AM

Now it is not a HolyBro Kakute F4 on the FuriBee X215 PRO 215mm FPV Racing Drone

Though it looks like it is still the same old one, the FC on the FuriBee X215 PRO 215mm FPV Racing Drone has changed, it is not a HolyBro Kakute F4 but from another manufacturer.
http://www.gearbest.com/brushless-fp...pp_708379.html
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2017, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur.j
Though it looks like it is still the same old one, the FC on the FuriBee X215 PRO 215mm FPV Racing Drone has changed, it is not a HolyBro Kakute F4 but from another manufacturer.
http://www.gearbest.com/brushless-fp...pp_708379.html
I think that's just the none PDB version of Kakute.... can you take pictures and show how it's wired up... just flew the Kakute F4 PDB version and was blown away on how awesome it is.... NO VIBES AT ALL!!!! Had unbelievable control!!!! can't praise that FC enough.... I fly at 72degree camera angle and basically full throttle and no vibes anywhere in the throttle even in a full throttle sweeping corner..... can't say enough good things about it....
Nov 10, 2017, 09:02 PM

215 Phoenix

So here is my rebuilt X215 on the Fuuton frame. Ya, I know the camera is hanging out there ready to be killed, but it was the only way I could get the stack to fit. This is my first attempt at this sort of thing, so please be kind, lol. Camera can tilt up past 90. Not that I can fly anything anywhere near that.
Nov 10, 2017, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monas
So here is my rebuilt X215 on the Fuuton frame. Ya, I know the camera is hanging out there ready to be killed, but it was the only way I could get the stack to fit. This is my first attempt at this sort of thing, so please be kind, lol. Camera can tilt up past 90. Not that I can fly anything anywhere near that.
Well... you wanted to use the whole stack .... and you did..... so good job!
Nov 11, 2017, 01:56 PM

best battery?

Just ordered mine, and I'm curious what is the best battery to choose for this quad?
Nov 11, 2017, 03:07 PM
I am running the Tatuu 1300mah 4S 75C packs. They seem to perform really well. $25 https://www.getfpv.com/tattu-1300mah...o-battery.html
Nov 11, 2017, 04:30 PM
Quote:
I am running the Tatuu 1300mah 4S 75C packs. They seem to perform really well. $25 https://www.getfpv.com/tattu-1300mah...o-battery.html
Hate to be bearer of bad news... I puff those real quick... go graphene anything... Best bang for buck is Infinity graphene

Graphene you get 250+ charges and virtually no voltage sag over the life of the battery

Standard batteries you get 50-100 charges and voltage sag is more evident over life of the battery...
Nov 12, 2017, 08:18 PM
Anyone have any luck getting one of these from Gearbest? I ordered one 3 weeks ago said it would ship November 5th-7th and they are now saying they wont ship until the 25th!

What about spare parts?
Nov 12, 2017, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acp63
Anyone have any luck getting one of these from Gearbest? I ordered one 3 weeks ago said it would ship November 5th-7th and they are now saying they wont ship until the 25th!

What about spare parts?
No spare parts. O crashed due to a FOD and broke an arm. I ordered a Fuuton 200 frame to move the guts over too.
Nov 12, 2017, 11:43 PM
Quote:
No spare parts. O crashed due to a FOD and broke an arm. I ordered a Fuuton 200 frame to move the guts over too.
Just remeber I said you'll probably have to remount the location of the camera and cut the bracket back to make it fit... I attached some pictures to help you out with two different cameras to give you some ideas....
Nov 13, 2017, 02:35 AM

Frame screws

I ordered this one to use with the runcam split, but i will have to raise the frame for the stack to fit so my question is what is the type of the aluminum frame screws? So I could order some spacers. Thanks for the reply
Nov 14, 2017, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastblade
Just remeber I said you'll probably have to remount the location of the camera and cut the bracket back to make it fit... I attached some pictures to help you out with two different cameras to give you some ideas....
I was able to get out to fly the new creation last night for a few packs after work. i didnt fully trust it to not FOD on me, so i was very reserved on the sticks. I was amazed with the power that it has! just a quick 1 second, close to full throttle punch and it was gone! i had to crank up the camera angle considerably higher than i normally would to try and take advantage of it. granted, my only other quad is a Lizard 95 that i moved over to a Flex RC Ascent frame, so that is my base line for power. it flew very well, and i did not encounter any FODs. i took a video of the flight, it was very windy (25-30mph) so i didnt try shooting through any gaps. i think i am going to look into replacing the VTX on it though. i was getting lots of interference at a relatively short range. i have the VTX set to "H". i am using fat-shark HD3s with a La-Forge (non-diversity) receiver and RHCP Antenna. i would think the viedo signal would be better than it is. Do you all think that the video transmission is poor, or am i expecting to much?

i would mute the video, there is just static for audio.

Fuuton 215 2017-11-13 3 (5 min 11 sec)

Here is a short video of the Lizard transplant. I love the way this little guy flys by the way.
again, mute the audio...
Flex 2017-11-09 1 (5 min 2 sec)
Last edited by monas; Nov 14, 2017 at 03:49 PM.
Nov 14, 2017, 04:58 PM
Quote:
or am i expecting to much?
could be interference from numerous things in the area... but yea expecting to much.... I'm thinking of going with the new clearview module for fatshark.... supposed to be way better... but costs around $300 .... so might wait for the knock-off.... .....
Nov 14, 2017, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastblade
could be interference from numerous things in the area... but yea expecting to much.... I'm thinking of going with the new clearview module for fatshark.... supposed to be way better... but costs around $300 .... so might wait for the knock-off.... .....
It seems like the ATX03 in the lizard had better video. But that was also with a seat of Headplay SEs. I would hope that the la-forge have a better receiver than the Headplay SEs.
Nov 18, 2017, 08:43 AM
Hey all, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, Gearbest finally has spare arms listed on their site. They also have the full frame available.