FuriBee X215 PRO 215mm FPV Racing Drone - Owners - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 29, 2017, 03:56 AM
can some one show me how the flight board connects to the esc board... I bought a kakute f4 and want to wire it to my aio esc... if possible... I bought both versions ... one with pdb and one w/o... Thanks in advance...
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2017, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansieo
It's funny, that pin popped out on me today as well. Took it out this morning for a flight and video was cutting out around 50 feet away, so I'm assuming the pin was just sitting in there loose, making contact when it felt like it. Luckily, a tree broke it's fall into a nice big ol' thorn bush.

Can you post a link to the VTX you swapped in, please?
Hi mate, take a look on banggood as that's where I bought it from, it's a 'Matek VTX-HV' and it's stackable via 2 holes.
Make sure you stack it on the same side as the camera or it will be in the way of the pigtail.

Another alternative that'll actually fit in there much nicer is the Holybro Atlatl vtx, it's a 4 hole stackable vtx that has the cut outs the same as the Furibee standard vtx, it shouldn't get in the way of your pigtail and also give your more room behind the camera that what the Matek does.

Eventually I'll probably switch to the Holybro Atlatl myself as I've been wanting an excuse to try one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagugakiFPV
Faawks! Thanks for lurking and finally posting.

Really appreciate all the info you provided - I'm taking your advice.

Happy flying
Hey mate not a problem at all, I remember what it was like getting into this hobby, I was lucky that I went with the Wizard x220 and that there was sooooo much information about it at the time, every little issue I had with it someone else had already written about it and come up with a solution.
I feel like I'm in debt to the RC and FPV community so if I can help out where possible I will

I'll see about getting that footage uploaded today, my connection hasn't been stable lately so I may have to post it during the week.
Oct 29, 2017, 05:32 AM
Here's a picture of the Atlatl, I believe it would fit better than the Matek.
It also has smart audio or whatever the tramp uses so you can control it via betaflight OSD.

Also, something to add about the Matek VTX-HV, I was forced to mount it upside-down so it was essential that the smart audio was connected to be able to switch the vtx channel and power level.

I do not know if the Atlatl will be the same.
Oct 29, 2017, 06:09 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesativa
I think I found the problem. RX is hooked up wrong. Looks like all the RX wires need to move to the right one pin.

Mike
Quote:
Help! My throttle is unresponsive. I'm not sure how to fix this. I did switch to Dshot 600. I'm running 3.2 that came with this quad. Any idea what to do next? Bear in mind that I'm just learning all this programming.

https://youtu.be/aqJ26CBdl2A

So you managed to get receiver powering up and bind to your transmitter? Do you see bars moving on Receiver Tab in BetaFlight app? And as also hinted at, do the right bars move with the right sticks? Might be something as simple as mismatch in the order of controls, like AETR vs TAER.
Oct 29, 2017, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastblade
can some one show me how the flight board connects to the esc board... I bought a kakute f4 and want to wire it to my aio esc... if possible... I bought both versions ... one with pdb and one w/o... Thanks in advance...
If you use the Kakute F4 manual it gives an extremely good description of where everything goes.
From what I've done with any board I've worked on it's simply power, ESC signal wires and RX, if you're using the betaflight OSD then add VTX and camera signal wires also. If you're using OSD to config your VTX then a wire needs to go from UART6 to one of the pins/pads on your VTX.

When I wired up the Matek to my Kakute I just found the diagram for each board and matched up what needed to connect to what.
What parts are you actually having trouble with?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the link to a quick DVR flight.
Furibee X215 test flight - (Raw DVR) (4 min 14 sec)

It's hard to compare it to anything but if you go back to the previous video on my channel (the coal mine flight) you can see how much of a difference between the 2 quads there is, the older one is just the wizard f3 internals, spedix 30a ESCs, cheap no-name "growler" 2205 2300vk motors on an cheap $26aud banggood frame, and yet I believe it performs much better than the Furibee.
I believe this comes down to the supposed "2206 2600kv" motors, the only other difference is the better position, it's not under-slung on the older quad.

Also, you can see how much further away from myself I was able to fly with the Matek VTX, I was barely able to make 100m with the stock VTX, the Matek also sits at a nice 68 degrees when stationary with the props off at it's highest power level of 600mw, how the UFOFPV was overheating and cutting out at 200 or 300mw (whichever it's highest was) is beyond me.

I still have a little testing to do as the props were different between the 2 videos, and one was closer proximity flying than the other giving it the illusion of being a faster quad. Ultimately I'd love to get some decent props on it and head back to the coal mine for a much closer comparison.
Last edited by Faawks; Oct 29, 2017 at 09:09 AM.
Oct 29, 2017, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faawks
Here's a picture of the Atlatl, I believe it would fit better than the Matek.
It also has smart audio or whatever the tramp uses so you can control it via betaflight OSD.

Also, something to add about the Matek VTX-HV, I was forced to mount it upside-down so it was essential that the smart audio was connected to be able to switch the vtx channel and power level.

I do not know if the Atlatl will be the same.
Awesome, thanks Faawkes. I have a couple eachine vtx's laying around, but nothing with mounting holes. When I get back home, I'll see if I can't zip tie to the frame and go from there. The floating gyro on the fc kind of limits jerry rigged mounting solutions, but I'll figure out something.
Oct 29, 2017, 11:56 PM
my RC. Your info
Mounting platforms such as these could be helpfull to mount other VTX's Kansieo:

https://www.banggood.com/Matek-4-PCS...p-1153903.html

*edit*
oeps.. not in stock.. maybe you can look up something similar.. (or use a piece of lexan to cut one out yourself..)
Oct 30, 2017, 03:42 AM
[QUOTE=SoloProFan;38535158]So you managed to get receiver powering up and bind to your transmitter? Do you see bars moving on Receiver Tab in BetaFlight app? And as also hinted at, do the right bars move with the right sticks? Might be something as simple as mismatch in the order of controls, like AETR vs TAER.[/QUOTE

Thanks for you concern and help! Turned out that I had to re solder the RX correctly and the motors were spinning up fast because it did not have props on for the bench test. Here is my second flight with this quad. LOS. I was in acro mode for a bit and lost orientation, took me about 3 seconds to remember how to switch back to self leveling. I changed my switching after that. Now I'm using horizon and acro on 1 switch and I'm using the momentary to switch back to angle mode in an emergency. Now I have two ways to self level if need be.

Mike

Learning FPV Flight 2 LOS Furibee X215 Pro (4 min 49 sec)
Last edited by mikesativa; Oct 30, 2017 at 03:48 AM.
Oct 30, 2017, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansieo
Awesome, thanks Faawkes. I have a couple eachine vtx's laying around, but nothing with mounting holes. When I get back home, I'll see if I can't zip tie to the frame and go from there. The floating gyro on the fc kind of limits jerry rigged mounting solutions, but I'll figure out something.
You're not wrong about the floating gyro, but it seems to be the way forward as so many boards are doing this now!
I've been using cheap eachine VTXs for months in my old quad, on one of them I broke the connector off in a crash and it was powered up at 600mw for a good 5 minutes while I was deaching for the quad, I was SURE the VTX had burnt out but I decided to try my hand at soldering a pigtail to it for a bit of practice and guess what? It still worked!!
Say what you want about Eachine but I've had absolutely no issues with anything of theirs.
I still use that VTX to this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchRC
Mounting platforms such as these could be helpfull to mount other VTX's Kansieo:

https://www.banggood.com/Matek-4-PCS...p-1153903.html

*edit*
oeps.. not in stock.. maybe you can look up something similar.. (or use a piece of lexan to cut one out yourself..)
I always buy things like these when I see them cheap because you never know when you might need it.
Here's a link to another but it's only 1 instead of a pack of 4 like your link, just in case someone is desperate.

https://www.banggood.com/Flight-Cont...p-1102552.html
Oct 30, 2017, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faawks
You're not wrong about the floating gyro, but it seems to be the way forward as so many boards are doing this now!
From my understanding is this a kakute board... they offer 2 other boards but the other boards either have AIO with PDB or no AIO with no PDB board.. but don't think you can use them with AIO ESC... so I'm sending the no-AIO back... thought I could but don't see how to use it with a AIO-ESC... I want this set-up the 215pro has but on a much lighter frame and set-up... so might just buy it for that or just wait until they come out with it separately .... by the way you wrote yours is that there are other FC's with floating IMU? besides that F7 board I saw on banggood.. like to know so I can check them out...

can someone post a picture on how this FC talks (connects) to the ESC... I would greatly appreciate it..
Last edited by fastblade; Oct 30, 2017 at 03:16 PM.
Nov 01, 2017, 12:15 PM
Well, I'm not sure i will ever deal with GearBest again. My friend order the exact same as me 7 days after me and his was shipped yesterday. I was told mine would be another 10 business days. This is bs. Horrible customer service
Nov 02, 2017, 11:49 PM
I waited a year before I pulled the trigger and bought my first racing drone. Here is what happened after a small crash, basically clipped a branch and it fell 20'.

Look how it appears to be rubber with carbon fiber around it.

Can anyone recommend a frame to replace this one with since there are no replacement parts available yet?

Broken arm - Furibee X215 Pro (0 min 18 sec)
Nov 03, 2017, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Can anyone recommend a frame to replace this one with since there are no replacement parts available yet?

https://youtu.be/kL0Bt2c3b_8
Wow... that's a bummer... Me personally like a light frame.... the Fuuton 200 I've crashed at 80mph many many numerous times and still going strong... will have to mod the camera bracket just a bit to fit the stack but it will fit (see my photos in fuuton 200 thread)... I've been wanting to get the 215pro guts and do this actually since it's a better FC.... You'll cut easily 80 grams off it and will fly amazingly I'm sure....

The other frame I'd get is a Bfight210 frame... also a great durable frame... I did a simple mod to fit a micro camera on it ... check it out in the thread...
Last edited by fastblade; Nov 03, 2017 at 12:46 PM.
Nov 03, 2017, 02:18 PM
I had a FOD from about 50' onto a concrete road and broke an arm as well. Looking to either get a replacement part, or find a new frame as well.
Nov 03, 2017, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastblade
Wow... that's a bummer... Me personally like a light frame.... the Fuuton 200 I've crashed at 80mph many many numerous times and still going strong... will have to mod the camera bracket just a bit to fit the stack but it will fit (see my photos in fuuton 200 thread)... I've been wanting to get the 215pro guts and do this actually since it's a better FC.... You'll cut easily 80 grams off it and will fly amazingly I'm sure....

The other frame I'd get is a Bfight210 frame... also a great durable frame... I did a simple mod to fit a micro camera on it ... check it out in the thread...
I just ordered the Bfight 210 frame. hopefully it gets here quickly. i am bummbed that i broke the quad already, pissed that it wasnt my fault that it broke. i was working on PID tunning and did a quick flip to check for bounce and then it just FOD and crashed.