FuriBee X215 PRO 215mm FPV Racing Drone - Owners - Page 4 - RC Groups
Oct 24, 2017, 11:17 PM
G'day, good question.

Compared the LHCP from Maarten Baert's website with a snapshot of Justin Davis (DroneCampsRC) review video and concluded that the Pagoda on the X215 is: RHCP

What do you think?

to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2017, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongocopter
50 packs in and no flips/wobbles/brown-outs/failsafes/de-syncs. Done Fyre's foil fold mod and the signal is clean and solid. Have to force myself to pick up any of my other quads as this is by far the nicest flying BNF quad I have. 5S 75C 1350mAh Dinogy Mega Graphene 2.0 batteries arrived today and I am so tempted to try them in this rather than waiting until my DarkMax arrives. My whole being is saying try it try it but for just this once I shall wait and see what others discover before frying my motors !! So it is down to you to test 5S and report back. Happy flying
Thanks Bongocopter.. there is hope for me still. Could you snap some shots of your stack?

You got something successful there - what'd you reckon?
Oct 26, 2017, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongocopter
50 packs in and no flips/wobbles/brown-outs/failsafes/de-syncs. Done Fyre's foil fold mod and the signal is clean and solid. Have to force myself to pick up any of my other quads as this is by far the nicest flying BNF quad I have. 5S 75C 1350mAh Dinogy Mega Graphene 2.0 batteries arrived today and I am so tempted to try them in this rather than waiting until my DarkMax arrives. My whole being is saying try it try it but for just this once I shall wait and see what others discover before frying my motors !! So it is down to you to test 5S and report back. Happy flying
Bongocopter, What PIDs are you using? I have the stock PIDS on BF3.2.1 and it seems really loose (for lack of a better word). I have not yet perfected, or really even somewhat decent at PID tunning.
Oct 26, 2017, 08:21 PM
This is my first racing drone and I can't bind to the Taranis QX7. When I plug the battery in there are no lights on the RX. The RX is a Frsky XM plus. I have been in the RC hobby for over 20 years so I can tackle just about anything. Being new to racing drones will have a steep learning curve. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

Furibee x215 pro - No lights on RX - Can''t bind (0 min 29 sec)
Oct 26, 2017, 08:30 PM
my RC. Your info
Howdy Mike
You'll have to hold on to the bind-button on the receiver while powering it on..
Than set your transmitter into [Bind] mode..

You can do this just by powering the quad via USB as well by the way.. That can be a bit more conveniant sinds plugging in that XT60 with 1 hand can be a bit of a pain
Oct 26, 2017, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchRC
Howdy Mike
You'll have to hold on to the bind-button on the receiver while powering it on..
Than set your transmitter into [Bind] mode..

You can do this just by powering the quad via USB as well by the way.. That can be a bit more conveniant sinds plugging in that XT60 with 1 hand can be a bit of a pain
I have tried binding with the battery and powering with the USB. For one, the bind button seems imposibally small and two, there are no lights on the RX like it doesn't have power. I bought this as a BNF with the RX already installed.

Mike
Oct 27, 2017, 02:05 AM
I think I found the problem. RX is hooked up wrong. Looks like all the RX wires need to move to the right one pin.

Mike
Oct 27, 2017, 01:32 PM
my RC. Your info
And.. yet another video on them pesky diagonal video-interference lines :P
The weather over here has been horrible, but I really really wanted to test-fly the anti-interference-shield fix

DutchRC - FuriBee X215 Pro Racing Quad - Video Fixed with Copper Tape?? (6 min 35 sec)

and yes.. credit where credit is due
Oct 27, 2017, 11:59 PM
Help! My throttle is unresponsive. I'm not sure how to fix this. I did switch to Dshot 600. I'm running 3.2 that came with this quad. Any idea what to do next? Bear in mind that I'm just learning all this programming.

Furibee X215 Pro Throttle not responding problem (1 min 37 sec)
Oct 28, 2017, 07:28 AM

My Review of the Furibee x215

Hi guys, loooooong time lurker and first time poster.

Let me start by saying this site is amazing, I've gotten so much from this site and it's greatly helped me out through the hobby from the very beginning to my now current amateur state.

So, the Furibee x215, this quad has both disappointed me and amazed me at the same time.

I'll start from the start, when I received the quad I had massive issues with Gearbest, they took almost a week to even register that I'd bought the item and then a few more days to eventually ship it, all up it felt like it took about a month from purchase to flight.
I bought this after eventually smashing my Wizard x220 into 20 odd pieces after it's 30th odd tree trunk, I have to say that quad was built like a tank.
Thankfully I can say the same about the Furibee! I've probably had 3 major crashes with it now, 2 of which were VERY fast, the frame is still straight and apart from breaking some of the innards the frame and everything else is still like a day one purchase!

This brings me around to the build quality, it's VERY average, the nylon standoffs between the boards will easily strip, this has happened to me twice now and I'm trying to come up with a way to have one long screw through everything at each corner.
The VTX is absolutely horrid, by far the worst part of this quad, I would receive diagonal lines through my feed and regular drop-outs, I eventually found the VTX online (it's a UFOFPV TX35B) and it's literally a $20usd VTX but it performs like a $5 one, mine constantly overheated on it's higher output and instead of reducing it's output it seems to just cut in and out.
Further more I realised that the center pin on the pig-tail was loose so when I removed the antenna it pulled the pin out and simply would not work at all!
I contacted Gearbest and thankfully they refunded me the price of the VTX, I used that money to purchase a Matek VTX-HV, with the use of a decent pagoda (I use Menace RC) I was able to fly about 1km away without a patch.
The diagonal lines were also gone but I had some minor vertical lines in my feed, a 400 cap on the XT60 plug fixed that right up.
Solder joints were average but I could only do SLIGHTLY better myself so I can't really say much about them.
They seem to take longer to flow than the regular 60/40 solder I have.
Some wires were running between the boards and were touching the soft mounted gyro, I re-routed them and it seemed to fly much smoother afterwards.
One of the pins in a JST plus was coming loose also, I believe it caused my FC to reboot once while flying, the quad dropped out of the air like a sack of bricks.

The camera doesn't seem to have IR blocking as the feed is almost completely devoid of colour when I use my Fatshark googles, my Commanders are fine though.
I might try a different lens and see if that changes anything, if not I'll turf the camera too.

The props are also average, they're a rip-off made by Racerstar, they're not the worst props I've used, but they're not great either, I'm waiting for some new cyclones to arrive but until then I've been using some GEPRC 5040 V2 tri blades and they seem to be working fine despite loosing a little punch.
Not as much as you might thing though.

As for the rest of the quad, it's good, absolutely no issues with the motors, they are stone cold when I land with the dynamic filtering turned on with all the notches turned off and the filter type set to PT1, stoke betaflight 3.2 PIDs.
I'll start playing with the PIDs once I've flown a bit more, I see no reason to do any tuning the way it flies now, my abilities just aren't that great.
The AOI PDB ESC seems to work ok, no desync issues or anything like that.
The Holybro F4 is amazing,

The HD camera holder is fairly junk too, I had one printed to suit the DQUAD obsession but that doesn't fit either, the VTX antenna gets in the way.
I'll have a play around and see what I can do with it.

After playing around with it extensively it's become a great quad, it's very agile and one of the smoothest quads I've flown, I seem to have more trust in is over the Wizard as I'm hitting gaps and flying places I've never flown before.

Tomorrow I will upload some DVR footage.

Originally I was deciding between the Furibee x215 and Kopis 1, the camera on the Kopis was an off put as I fly 16:9, the price wasn't great either. But I decided on the Furibee had instant regret as 2 days later the Kopis dropped in price straight into my budget, I'd have been willing to bet it was a much better built quad.

Happy flying
Oct 28, 2017, 08:41 AM
my RC. Your info
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesativa
Help! My throttle is unresponsive. I'm not sure how to fix this. I did switch to Dshot 600. I'm running 3.2 that came with this quad. Any idea what to do next? Bear in mind that I'm just learning all this programming.

https://youtu.be/aqJ26CBdl2A
I assume you have set up your transmitter so that al channels look to be doing what they should when you are in the receiver tab of Betaflight?

If so: you are now running the quad without props (which is offcourse a good thing when testing things on the bench).. this will however allso 'confuse' the flight-controller as all it's actions result in nothing..
I'd try hovering it (open field.. finger on the disarm switch) next...
Oct 28, 2017, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchRC
I assume you have set up your transmitter so that al channels look to be doing what they should when you are in the receiver tab of Betaflight?

If so: you are now running the quad without props (which is offcourse a good thing when testing things on the bench).. this will however allso 'confuse' the flight-controller as all it's actions result in nothing..
I'd try hovering it (open field.. finger on the disarm switch) next...
In Betaflight I turned off permanent Airmode and it seemed to not scare me as much, when bench testing. Even though Airmode is off, the props still spin slowly when I arm the quad. I know I will find an adjustment somewhere in betaflight to fix it. I had enough programming so I took it out for a flight.

First racing drone flight ever. Except simulator. I used freerider.
Learning FPV Flight 1 LOS Furibee X215 Pro (4 min 34 sec)
Oct 28, 2017, 10:34 PM
my RC. Your info
Looks to me like it flies brother
Congrats on the successfull first quad-flight

Well yeah.. you Can turn that props-allways-spin thing off.. But you really want it to be On..
Oct 28, 2017, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faawks
Hi guys, loooooong time lurker and first time poster.

Tomorrow I will upload some DVR footage.

Happy flying
Faawks! Thanks for lurking and finally posting.

Really appreciate all the info you provided - I'm taking your advice.

Happy flying
Oct 29, 2017, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faawks
Further more I realised that the center pin on the pig-tail was loose so when I removed the antenna it pulled the pin out and simply would not work at all!
It's funny, that pin popped out on me today as well. Took it out this morning for a flight and video was cutting out around 50 feet away, so I'm assuming the pin was just sitting in there loose, making contact when it felt like it. Luckily, a tree broke it's fall into a nice big ol' thorn bush.

Can you post a link to the VTX you swapped in, please?