FuriBee X215 PRO 215mm FPV Racing Drone - Owners - Page 2 - RC Groups
Oct 06, 2017, 06:08 AM
youtube.com searchfor socalep1
im guessing its something wrong with your esc's, take it apart and do a quick run through, check to see if there is anything burned.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2017, 11:40 AM
WOW!! The X215 Pro with Frsky Rx is up to $219!!!! I guess we got one hell of a deal at $149.
Furibee X215 Pro
Oct 07, 2017, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monas
WOW!! The X215 Pro with Frsky Rx is up to $219!!!! I guess we got one hell of a deal at $149.
Furibee X215 Pro
Currently the FrSky version is $166 in flash sale. I think it will always be on sale with coupons or flash sales. You just need to wait some days between a deal and another one
Last edited by dartita; Oct 07, 2017 at 04:28 AM.
Oct 07, 2017, 10:25 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartita
Currently the FrSky version is $166 in flash sale. I think it will always be on sale with coupons or flash sales. You just need to wait some days between a deal and another one
That sale is gone now within the same day; but I agree. Another sale and/or coupon is bound to become available again.
Latest blog entry: Drones for Christmas! 🎅
Oct 08, 2017, 03:09 PM
Escs should be fine. This is a brand new OOB X215. And It flies just fine if I do not do flips and rolls. Punch-outs are okay too.
Oct 10, 2017, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongocopter
Can anyone confirm if the X215 Pro is 5S and 6S capable? Darkmax certainly is...
Good question.

On paper the FC and ESCs can handle 5S and 6S but we have no info on those unbranded motors.

Maybe SoloProFan might be willing to give it a go?

<nudge> <nudge> <wink> <wink>
Oct 11, 2017, 04:20 PM
I would like to buy this Quad but what about the spare parts?

Where could I buy the frame parts (arms), motors, ESC, propellers, etc ?
Oct 11, 2017, 04:28 PM
I'm sure the spare parts will be available soon. It is still a fairly new quad, they are having trouble keeping up with demand for new ones right now.
Oct 12, 2017, 04:14 AM
5048 propellers are available on Gearbest, and are a newer but standard size. 5" props in general are plentiful and it's worthwhile experimenting with different blade styles to see if something works better for you. 48 degree pitch propellers seem to demand a lot from the batteries with the selected motors, so it might even warrant a propeller change from the start.

Motors don't seem to have an exact replacement at the moment, but there are motors with similar specification on Gearbest and Banggood. They look like the same design as the Brother Hobby Returner available as a 2206/2600kV, and most likely are sourced from the same factory in China, but I guess you can't be certain they've been made to the same standard.

With the flight controller, in the initial run they were a Holybro Kakute, I realise they're advertised as a Furibee F4 flight controller now, so you might need to wait to see if they've actually changed it. At least we know what was fitted in earlier versions, and the Kakute is available from most reputable retailers.

The ESC and VTX at least to me don't look very familiar, someone more experienced might be able to point you in the right direction. But at least with these, it's not too difficult to make a similar substitution rather than have the exact same item.

edit: this looks to be a match for the ESC, seems like the same one that the BFight B210 uses

The more difficult item will be the frame as it's a slightly modified clone of a previously released frame, you might want to pose the question on the Gearbest product page, as in the past they do seem to be good about answering questions asked of them. Or at least just be prepared to re-frame if need be.

The thing with a lot of these Chinese conglomerate quadcopter companies like Furibee and Eachine is that they use off-the-shelf items. They very rarely design their individual components. So while spare parts aren't specifically marketed, (ie as "spare parts for X quadcopter"), it doesn't mean that they aren't out there. They just use the OEM names.

I've noticed they've dropped the price again...
Last edited by TeeDubbleYoo; Oct 12, 2017 at 07:14 AM. Reason: clarity, more info
Oct 12, 2017, 12:33 PM
Thank you for your answers. Regarding the frame, I found a link but it is not available yet. It seems to be the same frame

Awesome GX215 215mm Wheelbase 4mm Arm Carbon Fiber FPV Racing Frame Kit

https://www.banggood.com/Awesome-GX2...l?rmmds=search
Oct 14, 2017, 05:37 PM
my RC. Your info
Halloa people

got me a X215 in late last week (the postal service took their sweet time on this one :| )
But.. here is my first quick initial review (with test flight) about it..

I flew it on a Hyperion G7 LiHv 4S lipo: https://goo.gl/ysLqC5
With the stock props (lipo didn't get above the ambient temperature)

Mine came with 5mm arms by the way.. :| :| .. am I the only one with those??

DutchRC - FuriBee X215 Pro Racing Quad - ON OFFER NOW! :) (14 min 37 sec)

I did see (as you can allso see) diagonal lines in the FPV feed).. Haven't had time to read this topic yet.. (will do after posting).. are thos diagonal lines common in this quad?
Or could it be because I ran non-pagoda antenna on the receing end?
Oct 14, 2017, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchRC
Halloa people

got me a X215 in late last week (the postal service took their sweet time on this one :| )
But.. here is my first quick initial review (with test flight) about it..

I flew it on a Hyperion G7 LiHv 4S lipo: https://goo.gl/ysLqC5
With the stock props (lipo didn't get above the ambient temperature)

Mine came with 5mm arms by the way.. :| :| .. am I the only one with those??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmVMjiYnoNA

I did see (as you can allso see) diagonal lines in the FPV feed).. Haven't had time to read this topic yet.. (will do after posting).. are thos diagonal lines common in this quad?
Or could it be because I ran non-pagoda antenna on the receing end?
I just saw your review! Yes those lines seem to happen in 50% of cases as far as I can see. I am still waiting on my x215 for delivery. There are some potential thoughts about it (could be the LEDs or there is a voltage overload going on etc). The VTX seems to be the one issue with drone... in my latest post some guy has recommended a part to swap it out with. Check the thread on the review for this as it has tons of info of this that myself and others are collating. You can find it here. Very interested to hear your opinion. I should really move over to this thread. I'm enthused to hear you like the way it flies... I just hope we can collectively get to the bottom of video issues. I don't mind a bit of DIY fixes and for the price... this drone ticks all the boxes for me (if it can be made to work without video issues!). I was going to build my own drone until I saw x215. I love the design and on paper the parts. Anyway, I'm invested... so I need to figure this out one way or the other for peace of mind even if I am one of the lucky ones and I suspect I will want to replace the VTX in this sooner or later whatever the case from what I've heard.

On a separate note - Thanks for your great work BTW.. you've helped influence a few of my buys recently! Nothing better than the Dutch no BS approach to things. As a Brit I value that a LOT.
Last edited by sirprancelot; Oct 14, 2017 at 06:26 PM.
Oct 15, 2017, 08:15 PM
Can anyone recommend where purchase and what kind of motor bell to purchase for the furibee x215 pro? I had a hard crash and not sure where to purchase one.
Oct 15, 2017, 08:46 PM
my RC. Your info
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirprancelot
I just saw your review! Yes those lines seem to happen in 50% of cases as far as I can see. I am still waiting on my x215 for delivery. There are some potential thoughts about it (could be the LEDs or there is a voltage overload going on etc). The VTX seems to be the one issue with drone... in my latest post some guy has recommended a part to swap it out with. Check the thread on the review for this as it has tons of info of this that myself and others are collating. You can find it here. Very interested to hear your opinion. I should really move over to this thread. I'm enthused to hear you like the way it flies... I just hope we can collectively get to the bottom of video issues. I don't mind a bit of DIY fixes and for the price... this drone ticks all the boxes for me (if it can be made to work without video issues!). I was going to build my own drone until I saw x215. I love the design and on paper the parts. Anyway, I'm invested... so I need to figure this out one way or the other for peace of mind even if I am one of the lucky ones and I suspect I will want to replace the VTX in this sooner or later whatever the case from what I've heard.

On a separate note - Thanks for your great work BTW.. you've helped influence a few of my buys recently! Nothing better than the Dutch no BS approach to things. As a Brit I value that a LOT.
Thanks brother Indeed I'm allergic to BS
Well.. At least a large portion of the cause of them lines is the camera being on PAL, where the OSD seems to not like PAL.. After switching the camera itself to NTSC it looks a Lot better
Haven't been able to fly like that yet, as it was Dark when I ran into that
Oct 16, 2017, 04:34 PM
my RC. Your info
Howdy people Sooo.. i applied that PAL-NTSC 'fix'.. Let's see what today's flight looks like

DutchRC - FuriBee X215 Pro Racing Quad - VIDEO FIXED! :D (6 min 22 sec)