GT500 charger keeps blowing 25a fuse.... - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 18, 2017, 07:02 PM
Help!

GT500 charger keeps blowing 25a fuse....

Hi, so i have a GT500 that i purchased a few days ago from another hobbyist, charger was working fine based on the pics i got before it was shipped with a 24v MW PSU, seems like i got plagued with the case of the bad luck! i go to do my first charge and ops check, power supply turns on but no output, so i decide to use my 12v PSU to power up the charger, i saw a quick little flash from the inside of the charger housing....after i open it up i discovered the fuse had blown, now i know a little when it comes to electricity..so i know blown fuse means something overloaded or shorted. now i dont know if anyone has ever had to open their GT500 charger but i have no clue why the makers thought that soldering the damn fuse to the board was a smart thing to do makes it way much harder to replace a fuse if ever the need! well after struggling for awhile to remove the solder and fuse, i replaced it with another 25a and applied power.....pop! went the new fuse!!!! anyone has any ideas what may be causing the short? nothing looks broken, nothing is smelling like burnt wires or anything....
thanks for any inputs folks!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2017, 07:48 PM
Hi,
I strongly suggest that you send the unit in for repair. Attempting to repair it without going through the proper diagnostic steps may result in other damage to the unit.