Dec 03, 2017, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxeed
Considering all the information red so far, this should be the best antenna placement for acro flight.
The white, longer end horizontal and the shorter, black end vertical
Attachment 10290816
fpvlabs tbs forum says:
Silver should be vertical and black should be horizontal 90 degrees from each other....

this is from the tbs website
Mirco receiver

For the Micro RX you have different options to place them.
The best way is to mount them in a straight line. Therefore you can use some cable ties to guide them and fix the antenna with shrink tube.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2017, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon65
Working fine on my omnibus F4 BF 3.2.1 open TX 2.2 CF micro Firmware 2.11 lua script has to be lower case flavor, follow the directions as to deleting old script and hooks if you had already installed.

I had a question regarding LQ and RSSI from the crossfire. all the TBS documentation reports the scale as negative , ( -0 dB to -130)pretty sure that was it... yet in telemetry its displaying as postive.
I wanted to setup a warning as LQ I don't think will catch if your in trouble as it hovers 98 to 100% but the 1RSSI does increase , postive mind you as you move away from the quad.
any help would be great.

Thanks
ever figure this out? mine displays the same, positive. does this value top out at 130
Dec 04, 2017, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwasch
Can anyone shed some info on this ? I’d also like to setup an audible warning
This should help

Tip - TBS Crossfire Link Quality (LQ) Taranis Call Out Warnings (0 min 59 sec)
Dec 05, 2017, 06:57 PM
with the rx antennas in a 90 degree pattern the rssi was reading from 0 to 100 and on a mile run it was going up to 90 or so. this was with the tx antenna horizontal.

i changed the rx antennas to single line, dipole and horizontal, kept tx horizontal and now the rssi is reading 100 and went down to 90 on another mile+ run. weird

taranis log, rss1 and rqly are identical
Last edited by yosemitez; Dec 05, 2017 at 07:15 PM.
Dec 06, 2017, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafu02
thanks that helps a lot!
Dec 07, 2017, 03:49 PM
Hi guys,

Here's a question I'm chasing as a Spektrum user, although I think it will be the same with Taranis or any other TX. I'm using CRSF protocol through a micro rx v2.

When you do the setup through the crossfire TX to send LQ through Ch 12 then receive via AUX 8 in betaflight to display the LQ using the RSSI on the OSD what value don't you want to go below on the RSSI % displayed.

Does the value remain at 99% until the LQ drops to RFMD 1 (50Hz) then start to show the LQ as a drop in the RSSI % value. Spektrum doesn't have LUA scripts to program the difference between RFMD 2 or 1 to give audio warnings so I'm relying on the RSSI value through the OSD for LQ, and I'd image it would be the same for any other TX using RSSI on the OSD to measure the LQ.
Last edited by HipoxiK; Dec 08, 2017 at 12:01 AM.
Dec 08, 2017, 04:53 PM

TBS Crossfire Micro Taranis XD9 Config

I've got my Crossfire Micro working on the Taranis and tested today with some exceptional range. I was able to get LQ set up in BF 3.2.2 and to display in the OSD. Has anyone been able to get voltage to be sent to the Taranis? I've discovered sensors in the Taranis telemetry screen and it looks like RxBt is lipo voltage. I can see it on the Taranis display screen but when I set my warnings on the Taranis for low voltage and it calls out warning(which I set to RxBt) I get a zero value. Any ideas?
Dec 10, 2017, 01:08 PM
i have the reason the rssi displays a high value trending negative. in sensors on the taranis you will see 2 rssi which are the different antennas. select 2rss and you will get the right value around 30db when close and it will rise to a higher number as the quad flies away.

from what i have read folks say the RQly and RFMD are better indicators of link quality. so i now have my telemetry screen and alarms set to those

great youtube on rqly and rfmd
TBS Crossfire Quick Tip: Setting up and using alarms in OpenTX (Subscriber Request) (10 min 28 sec)
Last edited by yosemitez; Dec 10, 2017 at 01:14 PM.
Dec 17, 2017, 02:32 AM
Hi! I have a problem with 3s batteries... When I power on with 3s battery, taranis goes to reboot. With 2s works
Problem with crossfire (1 min 18 sec)

What's problem?
Dec 18, 2017, 09:18 AM
I have two quads set up with crossfire micro v2 receivers, One on a betaflight f3 board and one on a betaflight f4 board. Both are wired exactly the same and set up the same in crossfire and betaflight.

I cannot get any battery (voltage/amp/mah, etc.) telemetry to come through on the taranis or the osd on the bff4 setup but I get all other telemetry (LQ, etc).

I do get all telemetry on the bff3 board and the firmware on both the FC and RX are the same .

Also, I am running crsf on TX1/RX1 on both.

Anyone else have a similar experience or ideas to try and get it working?
Dec 18, 2017, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahos
I have two quads set up with crossfire micro v2 receivers, One on a betaflight f3 board and one on a betaflight f4 board. Both are wired exactly the same and set up the same in crossfire and betaflight.

I cannot get any battery (voltage/amp/mah, etc.) telemetry to come through on the taranis or the osd on the bff4 setup but I get all other telemetry (LQ, etc).

I do get all telemetry on the bff3 board and the firmware on both the FC and RX are the same .

Also, I am running crsf on TX1/RX1 on both.

Anyone else have a similar experience or ideas to try and get it working?
Are you running the uninverted s.port wire from the x4r onto the bff4? Remember F4 boards don't have inbuilt inverters while F3 boards do. You've gotta run the uninverted signal from the X4R to a spare uart, I did that on my BFF4 and it's working sweet as.
Dec 19, 2017, 10:44 AM
I am running the Crossfire Micro V2 receiver, not the x4r. I have it hooked up to the Tx and Rx on uart1.
Dec 20, 2017, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahos
I am running the Crossfire Micro V2 receiver, not the x4r. I have it hooked up to the Tx and Rx on uart1.
Of course, duh, haha. I switched back to defaults in my head here! Have you tried clearing all sensors and hitting discover sensors again? Also remember to click "telemetry" on the main setup page.
Dec 21, 2017, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkoutnz
Of course, duh, haha. I switched back to defaults in my head here! Have you tried clearing all sensors and hitting discover sensors again? Also remember to click "telemetry" on the main setup page.
No Problem. I don't know about you but my brain is gone by the end of the year that is why I am hoping I am making some stupid mistake on this.

I did try clearing out and rediscovering the sensors. It does show all 16 but the Battery related ones show zeros across the board(F4 board so to speak).

I checked in BF to make sure telemetry was on and it is. I am at work now and am working a late one tonight. If I have time this weekend I will throw up some screen shots of BF and TBS setup to see if anything jumps out as wrong.
Jan 05, 2018, 11:20 AM
Hi guys,

Is the Diamond antenna worthy or the stock one is ok?

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply