E-flite Cirrus SR22T 1.5m BNF Basic - RC Groups
Aug 18, 2017, 10:47 AM
AA6JB
New Product

E-flite Cirrus SR22T 1.5m BNF Basic

Hip-hip-hooray for a new General Aviation release from E-flite! The ultra-sexy Cirrus SR22. Flaps, a slick paint scheme and multiple scale details (all held in place with wee sized screws). And at 1500mm, she's a nice size too! Looking forward to this one for sure.

From the Horizon website:

The E-flite® Cirrus SR22T 1.5m celebrates the general aviation marvel with a scale model that's easy to appreciate and fun to fly for a wide range of pilots. Like the full-scale airplane, this officially licensed E-flite replica is generously appointed with features that will get you in the air and flying in style. The two-piece, plug-in wing is equipped with slotted flaps, lights and a convenient Hands-Free Servo Connection System. Functional interior cabin and exterior navigation LED lighting combine with its modern trim scheme for authenticity that's easy to appreciate from any angle. Rugged tricycle landing gear and steerable nose gear utilize over-size wheels to make takeoffs and landings on grass fields or paved surfaces seem effortless while matching fairings and wheel pants complete the luxurious outline. Tinted cabin windows, a pilot figure and detailed cockpit take the scale experience even deeper. Plus, the powerful brushless motor and three-blade propeller deliver plenty of power to perform scale maneuvers and sport aerobatics with ease.

Product Video:
E-flite Cirrus SR22T 1.5m BNF Basic and PNP (5 min 22 sec)

Link to manual in English:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/EFL5950-Manual-EN.pdf

Latest blog entry: 2017 Reno Air Races
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2017, 05:54 PM
The details on this are really fantastic. just wish they would have done something with retracts like Jim Peitz Beechcraft Bonanza F33A or Julie Clarks T-34... or even a TBM 700
Cheers
Parkguy
Aug 20, 2017, 06:50 PM
Fly It Like You Stole It.....
Well I just couldn't resist pulling the pin on this aircraft. I already have more planes than I have room to store but this one looks to good pass on. The most astonishing part of this offering from Horizon is the price. Lot of plane for the price. Soon I'll have more foamies than balsa built. But as I get older it's more fun to be flying and less building. Sure hope it fly's good.
Aug 21, 2017, 12:22 PM
Same here, but I already have a couple of changes planned...why....because like the video said, it has the same powerplant as the Timber and I like the mod on that
Aug 23, 2017, 07:02 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkguy
The details on this are really fantastic. just wish they would have done something with retracts like Jim Peitz Beechcraft Bonanza F33A or Julie Clarks T-34... or even a TBM 700
Cheers
Parkguy
If EFlite did another Bonanza I'd be all over it. I have their balsa Bonanza and adore it.

I'd buy a foam version in a heartbeat if it was a V-tail.
Aug 30, 2017, 09:59 AM
Bagpipes spoken here
My son, who flies RC and CL and works at the Cirrus factory on the 22 line, commented:

"Yeah, Cirrus announced it on our intranet home page a while ago. It's actually impressively accurate except for it being a 22 not a 22T. They got the cowling wrong for a 22T plus it has the G5 style wing tips which aren't as cool as the G6.

I wonder how they did the nose wheel. Ours is free castering but RC aircraft don't usually have brakes let alone differential brakes."
Aug 30, 2017, 11:49 AM
The nose wheel is steerable. Tied in with rudder. You can see the servo arm in manual. A v tail Bonanza would be cool.
Latest blog entry: VA Models Christen Eagle
Aug 30, 2017, 07:29 PM
Wow, really want one. I had thought about the large one but decided not, this will do just fine.
Oct 04, 2017, 01:12 AM
Any body that has their sr22t 1.5m find that the esc loose under the canopy ? Seems like it should be mounted somewhere ?
Oct 04, 2017, 07:29 AM
Fly It Like You Stole It.....
Mount it somewhere.....just use a little double sided tape.
Oct 04, 2017, 09:11 AM
Haven't seen it yet in my LHS
Oct 04, 2017, 05:55 PM
Fly Low Fly Fast
Very beautiful. Love the scale details, color, and the price is just RIGHT. What makes it a winner IMO is the size. These 1.2-1.5m foamies designed around the 2200mah 3s lipos make them ideal. I have plenty of 2200s and it also makes for a light plane.

I already have accumulated 3 planes in the past month so I will have to wait until December for this one. My wife would hate me. Definitely will pick one up when the time comes. Looking forward to the maiden stories.
Oct 04, 2017, 09:27 PM
My local hobby shop calld today, mine is in. I'll pick it up Friday.
Oct 05, 2017, 11:43 PM
I picked mine up today, not much to assemble. It'll be together tomorrow after I get off work. Sunday looks dry so she'll get her maiden then,.
Oct 06, 2017, 10:26 AM
Team: HH/EF/CC/DA/TP/SL/SC
Well I ended up putting in 7 flights last night. Flew until the whole sky was black because I was having a blast.

Here's the maiden flight from myself and a co-worker

E-flight Cirrus SR22T 1.5m Dual Maiden (7 min 7 sec)