New Multiplex EasyGlider 4

The EasyGlider is one of the best flying foamie sailplanes around. I still have one of the original models because it is so good. Over the years Multiplex has made alternate versions such as the EasyGlider Pro and several versions of the EasyGlider and now a new version is available dubbed the EasyGlider 4.

Splash

The Latest EasyGlider from Multiplex - Gen 4

The EasyGlider is one of the best flying foamie sailplanes around. I still have one of the original models because it is so good. Over the years Multiplex has made alternate versions such as the EasyGlider Pro and several versions of the EasyGlider and now a new version is available dubbed the EasyGlider 4. As the name would indicate this is the 4th iteration and it builds on the success of previous models. The EasyGlider 4 is said to have the same great flying habits as older models while modernizing the airframe with evolutionary improvements.

The removeable wings have a new spar system and attachment hub. There's a more efficient power system, removable stabilizers for transport and lots of space in the nose for a wide range of flight batteries. It's still made from durable Elapor foam and we're digging the new color scheme. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on one soon. The kit version with no electronics is $104.99 and the RR version with motor, ESC and servos is $199.99.

Check out the Multiplex EasyGlider 4 here.

Features

• Robust ElaporŪ Foam Construction
  • Ultra-efficient Brushless Motor
  • Removable Wings, Fin & Tailplane
  • 9x6 Folding Propeller
  • Strong yet lightweight GRP Spar
  • M-Space Rigid Hull
  • Spacious Fuselage to Accommodate a Range of Battery Sizes
  • Low Cruise Speed with Agile Flight Characteristics
  • Perfect for All Skill Levels

Model Specifications

• Wingspan: 70.9 in. (1800mm)
  • Wing Area: approx. 40 dmē
  • Wing Loading: min. 27 g/dmē
  • Overall Length: 42.5 in. (1080mm)
  • Weight (Standard): 38.8 oz.
  • Weight (Metric): 1100g
  • Control Functions: Aileron / Elevator / Rudder / Throttle
  • Flight Characteristics: Glider
  • Target User: Intermediate

Aug 18, 2017, 04:34 PM
RC Guru
I have been enjoying the snot out of mine, it goes to the field with me every time I go to fly. Breaking this airplane down couldn't be simpler, Multiplex took their time and got the tail and wing assembly correct. The wings take 15 seconds to put on and just a minute to install the tail. It breaks down small enough to fit in a backpack for those slope seekers on 2 wheels.

For those worried about having enough power, the stock RR ROXXY power system works brilliant and has plenty of power to pull the airplane to altitude quickly, and a 3S 2200 pack will leave you grinning from ear to ear for hours on end.
Aug 18, 2017, 07:10 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Question:

Why am I seeing this?

Quote:
Wing Area: approx. XXX sq. in. (approx. XXX dmē)
Wing Loading (Standard): min. X.X oz/sq ft.
Wing Loading (Metric): min. XX.X g/dmē
Aug 18, 2017, 08:26 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Ah, I didn't catch that in the copy from the Multiplex site. I updated it above with info from the manual.
Aug 18, 2017, 09:24 PM
ASieg106
I havent had a chance to fly mine yet but have to say the build quality of my RR Easy Glider 4 is outstanding. The wings and tail are incredibly easy to assemble. Now if the wind will just cooperate.
Aug 18, 2017, 09:25 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
71 inches for under 200 bucks? Nice.
Aug 19, 2017, 12:58 AM
The problem is that any potential interest for this reloaded model was been killed by the launch of the really new FunRay, which is much more fun to fly...
Their marketing dept should do the homeworks harder about launch dates of similar products
Aug 20, 2017, 11:01 AM
This model is amazing . I have currently two older versions, one more slope the other more thermal.
I am delighted MPX keeps producing and upgrading this model !

Cheers

Joao
Aug 21, 2017, 12:59 PM
RC Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
The problem is that any potential interest for this reloaded model was been killed by the launch of the really new FunRay, which is much more fun to fly...
Their marketing dept should do the homeworks harder about launch dates of similar products
The EasyGlider 4 was announced in January from Multiplex, we have not officially announced the FunRay in the USA. The 2 airplanes are also completely different.
Last edited by Xpress..; Aug 21, 2017 at 01:06 PM.
Aug 21, 2017, 06:09 PM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
The EasyGlider 4 was announced in January from Multiplex, we have not officially announced the FunRay in the USA. The 2 airplanes are also completely different.
Thanks for clarifying. Can we expect to see the FunRay in the US this year you think?
Aug 22, 2017, 04:50 AM
What is M-Space Rigid Hull?
Does it use the same airfoil as the earlier versions?
Thanks!
Last edited by ForeverFlying; Aug 24, 2017 at 08:12 PM.
Aug 22, 2017, 09:27 AM
RC Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blucross
Thanks for clarifying. Can we expect to see the FunRay in the US this year you think?
We are expecting the FunRay sometime in November.
Aug 24, 2017, 07:57 PM
How does this compare to a umx radian? Newbie here.
- ease to launch and fly
- control
- glide

Appreciate any opinions thanks
Aug 28, 2017, 10:26 AM
RC Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpgsam
How does this compare to a umx radian? Newbie here.
- ease to launch and fly
- control
- glide

Appreciate any opinions thanks
First and foremost, the UMX Radian is roughly 1/3 the size of the EasyGlider 4, and the UMX Radian is only 3 channel control (RET) whereas the EasyGlider 4 is a full 4 channel control (AERT). Now I have not flown the UMX Radian (I have flown its bigger brother) but launching the EasyGlider 4 is as simple as giving it a firm forward toss into the wind and away it'll go. Control is very easy to, it's gentle on low rates and mild on high rates so it's perfect for both a beginner and a seasoned pilot alike, ailerons really give it great control in the wind and let you steer it precisely.

Glide performance is stellar and it'll float up and away on the lightest of thermals. Spoilerons may be necessary to get the airplane to settle in on the runway, mine seems to want to glide forever even with a decent headwind. Power up and climb to altitude on a flat field or set the airplane up without a power system and enjoy hours of quiet, clean slope flight.
Aug 28, 2017, 10:55 AM
What is M-Space Rigid Hull? Is fuse still EPO, or something like blow molded?
Does it use the same airfoil as the earlier versions?
What is different from earlier versions?
Thanks!

Quick Reply