This thread is privately moderated by scruffy1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 18, 2017, 05:49 AM
looking up, down under
Thread OP
Build Log

"the foam-tweenie"

pretty much a blu-baby clone, and all credit to Tony65x55 for a great design which i have largely followed in proportions and layout

my spin on it is slightly larger (just shy of 37") and will use 2s for primary training,and probably 3s for the intermediate mode with ailerons and very likely a kline-fogleman airfoil - those things are fascinating and completely out of kilter with traditional aerodynamic profiles... and very easy to build compared to traditional streamlines ... i really feel the urge to try one

mine is also way more complicated than the original, because.... i can't help myself

anyway, this entry is just to announce the build, and direct anyone who is intrigued to check out the more protracted descriptions of the project, and a selection of photos of the process

hope you like it; there's a few pics below to get you clicking on this link
Last edited by scruffy1; Aug 18, 2017 at 05:54 AM. Reason: helps to make the link i'm referring to, doesn't it ?
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply