Are you going to paint that too!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2017, 07:11 PM
He he hadnt thought of that yet !!! NO
Sep 11, 2017, 12:12 AM
Dang!....What else did I bring
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWedge
Hey Ben from San Diego area - what are all the boats you OC guys sail?
I have a sweet old fiberglass boat I Inheirated from my boss...no one knows what it is, then this new build of the Robbe Atlantas...now on the hunt for a Newport 12, or Santa Barbara. Would love to have one of the bid J class ones...but out of my price range. Hear you San Diego boys have an impressive fleet of big boats down there?
Sep 11, 2017, 01:03 AM
Does anyone know what the entrance fee is at ElDorado?
Dick...can you get me in touch with Craig who you got the Soling from?
Sep 11, 2017, 07:57 AM
Oletimer,

Vehicle entry fees are CASH ONLY: $5 Monday through Thursday; $6 Friday: $7 Saturday and Sunday; and $8 on Holidays

Rich
Sep 11, 2017, 08:57 PM
Kevin got the urge to color sand and buff out the paint on Jeff's boat. Will be completely finished tonight !!!!
Sep 12, 2017, 12:34 AM

Vela one meter

Going to paint my VELA ONE METER. Here are some pics of the tear down.
Sep 12, 2017, 11:34 AM
Now that it has been colored sanded, buffed out and polished after a couple day of heat and cool cycles Jeff can finally get it back !!!!
Sep 13, 2017, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick J
Now that it has been colored sanded, buffed out and polished after a couple day of heat and cool cycles Jeff can finally get it back !!!!
Wow....that looks every bit as fantastic as Kevins planes do...& yes Pete...I will not be playing bumper boats with this one!
Sep 13, 2017, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsgault
Oletimer,

Vehicle entry fees are CASH ONLY: $5 Monday through Thursday; $6 Friday: $7 Saturday and Sunday; and $8 on Holidays

Rich
Thanks Rich...we should be there Sunday by 10. Look foreword to meeting everyone!
Sep 13, 2017, 09:15 PM

Vela one meter

First sanding 400 wet. Trying to remove the yellow clear coat. The graphic needs more work.
Sep 15, 2017, 12:22 PM
Driven by Passion!
I didn't get to sail at all last week. I am looking forward to getting out on Saturday afternoon at Mason Park. I will be bringing out my new (old) Newport 12 Meter Hull #181 for the its first sail with a new skipper.

I have already changed out most of the running rigging with new 80 lb white Spectra line and now I am working on the standing rigging with a combination of 60 lb AFW Black nylon covered 1x7 stainless steel line on the stays and shrouds and 45 lb AFW Black nylon covered 1x7 stainless steel line for the Jumper at the top of the mast. Sails are in good shape and the hull looks seaworthy.

As we get a little closer to winter time, the Newport 12 will get dry docked and stripped. I think a serious conversation will take place with Wings West about how best to bring a fresh look to this beautiful boat!

See ya soon!

Dave
Sep 15, 2017, 12:26 PM
Nice Dave, cant wait to see her sail !!! We ll talk all you want but you know the time wont be wasted he he
Sep 16, 2017, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Pt Dave
I didn't get to sail at all last week. I am looking forward to getting out on Saturday afternoon at Mason Park. I will be bringing out my new (old) Newport 12 Meter Hull #181 for the its first sail with a new skipper.

I have already changed out most of the running rigging with new 80 lb white Spectra line and now I am working on the standing rigging with a combination of 60 lb AFW Black nylon covered 1x7 stainless steel line on the stays and shrouds and 45 lb AFW Black nylon covered 1x7 stainless steel line for the Jumper at the top of the mast. Sails are in good shape and the hull looks seaworthy.

As we get a little closer to winter time, the Newport 12 will get dry docked and stripped. I think a serious conversation will take place with Wings West about how best to bring a fresh look to this beautiful boat!

See ya soon!

Dave
Dave,

Bring her out to El Dorado on Sunday. We should have a few Newports racing Sunday. #207 and #20 will be there for sure.

Rich
Last edited by rsgault; Sep 16, 2017 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Correction
Sep 16, 2017, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsgault
Dave,

Bring her out to El Dorado on Sunday. We should have a few Newports racing Sunday. #207 and #20 will be there for sure.

Rich
Rich;
Dick n I will be there Sunday with newly painted Atlantas. I also picked up Craig's N12 today, but that will be for much later after I finish the Atlantas!