Feb 16, 2020, 02:51 PM
Make a hatch cover and the conversion from the Affinity to the Dragon Force is finished !!!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2020, 02:54 PM
Too many hobbies
Ain’t she purrty.
Feb 16, 2020, 03:03 PM
Too many hobbies
Dick, I made a bunch of custom cut black battery hatch patches out of adhesive sail cloth material. Very sticky and waterproof. I’d be happy to share some with you if you like. Let me know.

Rick
Feb 16, 2020, 04:15 PM
Thanks Rick but I ll try our black vinyl first and see how it goes !!!! The hatch cover is back in stock so I ordered one !!
Feb 16, 2020, 04:17 PM
I finally got to order the new hatch cover but I made one just in case !!!! Thanks Rick I ll try our black vinyl and see how it works first !!! Shes ready for the lake !!!
Feb 16, 2020, 04:43 PM
Too many hobbies
Beauty. Sounds good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Feb 17, 2020, 01:15 AM
Dick, bring her out to El Dorado on Tuesday mornings - 10-12:30 is DF65 practice. I like the red!
Feb 17, 2020, 11:30 AM
Thanks Clay, if I can get away I just might drop by !!
Feb 21, 2020, 09:56 PM
Dana Pt Dave
I have a 12M hull, (but no deck) I picked up at a garage sale I intend to build this year. Years ago I had a Marblehead, and still have an America schooner and now somewhat beat-up 50-800 I built.
Can I ask you a few questions so I don't have to engineer everything from scratch?

1) I see yo have the servo city sail winch gearbox. You have the 5:1 ratio. Is that what most use, or do some have the 7:1? It's often very windy where I live in the East SF Bay area...
2) can you tell me the length from center-line of winch arm to holes at arm ends?
3) Do you know where I can get a ballast weight without having to DIY cast one? I'm not that comfortable melting / pouring that much lead...
4) Lastly, the hull I have has no number sticker. Probably gone long before I got the hull. I'm assuming after I get her built I can register her and get a number?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Julio Focaracci
Feb 22, 2020, 04:10 PM
Couldnt sail today cause of the rain, so I had to stay at home and wait for my new clear hatch cover and mainsheet bridle fitting. Now I can really complete it !!!!!
Mar 25, 2020, 01:27 PM
FYI - As of this morning El Dorado Park is closed to car traffic, foot traffic is allowed. So if you want to park your car 1/2 mile away and walk in with your boat, you can still sail.

We need to find another spot in Long Beach that isn't park regulated. Suggestions?
Mar 28, 2020, 04:19 PM
Now its ready for sailing and racing !! Now if this virus will only go away !!!!
Mar 28, 2020, 05:21 PM
How I learned to love the Bomb
I wouldn't attempt to walk in. Our airfield was shut down and one member almost got arrested for trespassing doing the same thing.
Latest blog entry: HK B-17 landing gear mod
Mar 28, 2020, 05:44 PM
I asked the attendant if it was ok to walk in and sail and he said it was. But that was 3 days ago. The police were combing the beach in their patrol cars in Long Beach today telling people to go home( most ignored). The boardwalk was nearly empty. Luckily I have the RC outlet to fly gliders off of cliffs so I can get my fix without fear or harassment.
Apr 01, 2020, 10:05 PM
It's not going to build itself
Happy birthday Dick!

Quick Reply