Orange County RC Sailors - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 27, 2017, 10:07 AM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude

A Suggestion:

Today (Sunday) the OCMSC is holding a V-32 regatta (race) at the WR Mason pond. The regatta starts with a skipper's meeting at 11:30 and racing should continue until around 2:00 or so. The format is 4 races, lunch break, 4 races, short break, final 4 races.

You won't be able to participate in the regatta unless you bring a V-32, but if you plan to race in any future races (DF65, for example) it will be a great opportunity to come see how we run our races, learn the course we sail, and learn some of the Racing Rules of Sailing. My own V-32 is in dry dock for maintenance right now, but I'll be at the race today to offer my services as score keeper if needed so I'll be able to answer any questions about the racing and the club in general.

And speaking of future races, the next DF65 race is on Sunday September 24th. I know many of you have new DF65s and I hope to see you at the next race. Please note that you don't have to be a member of the OCMSC to do that. Of course we encourage you to become members if you plan to continue to race with us, but it's not mandatory.

Also note that you can sail other boats on the pond during a regatta as long as you stay clear of the race course. That leaves plenty of room on both the fountain side and the bridge side of the pond for pleasure sailing, so you won't have to wait until the regatta is over to put your boats in the water.

Hope to see you!

Pete
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2017, 12:06 PM
good day of sailing at mason regional park. some boats got a little close in the figure 8 derby. There was a successful rescue of the all 3.

MASON REGIONAL PARK SAILING (0 min 19 sec)
Aug 27, 2017, 10:08 PM

Mason regional park sailing

Great sailing conditions today at Mason Regional Park. Took some shots hope you enjoy.
Aug 28, 2017, 06:54 PM
OK my Micro Magic just showed up !!!! Now to get busy !!!
Aug 29, 2017, 12:20 AM
Driven by Passion!

Mason Park - Sunday Aug 27

First off, great photos Chuck!

It was a spectacular afternoon at Mason Park after the Club guys got done racing their V-32's. Lots of different boats all out tearing up the water! Nirvana, Sea Dolphin, Laser (x3), Monsoon (x2), Sea Wind, DF 65 (x4), Yardley, Rigazza (x2) sailed by Dick, Jeff, Tommy, Rob, Raul, Tony, Greg, Pete, Chuck, Craig, David, Dave, Bill and Ron.

By the way, another DF65 was ordered today! Oh Ya.
Aug 29, 2017, 12:21 AM
Driven by Passion!
Dick,

I can't wait to see how Wings West paints up that new Micro Magic!

Dave
Aug 29, 2017, 01:04 AM
You are so right Dave, it was a great day soooo much fun with everyone we even had ( I think it was) 13 boats in the lake at one time !! See you soon OH yes I cant wait to see how Kevin paints it myself. Got very little done on it to day but tomorrow ?????
Aug 29, 2017, 09:02 AM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick J
Got very little done on it to day but tomorrow ?????
Heh ...: Take it to Build Night.

Pete
Aug 29, 2017, 07:14 PM
Dang!....What else did I bring

J or Santa Barbara boats

Having so much fun there... I have a new 1/2 done Schooner, but if anyone knows of someone letting go cheeply one of these big racers... I am interested. Even a fixer upper would be nice!
Maybe even one of the members over at the other parks near by?
Aug 29, 2017, 11:18 PM

Mason regional park sailing

Really had a great sailing day. So many boats doing the oval and figure 8 course.

here are some more pics ... really hard to shoot and sail.
Sep 01, 2017, 07:22 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
OCMSC Soling 1M points race #4 tomorrow. 11:30 - 2:30 or so.

Pete
Sep 01, 2017, 09:28 PM
WOW ... another weekend already
Sep 02, 2017, 09:59 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
I had fun today, both during the regatta and afterward. Truth be known, I had more "fun" afterward, but it was all good.

In fact, I had so much fun today that I'll be going back tomorrow for more unless the weather is scary-bad. Here's the NOAA/NWS forecast for the Irvine area:

Sunday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 88. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming south in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.

So I'll be there around noon with my Soling 1M. Anyone else going?

Pete
Sep 03, 2017, 02:36 AM
Driven by Passion!
Yep, 6 or 7 from So County should be around 1:00 ish.
Sep 03, 2017, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oletimer
Having so much fun there... I have a new 1/2 done Schooner, but if anyone knows of someone letting go cheeply one of these big racers... I am interested. Even a fixer upper would be nice!
Maybe even one of the members over at the other parks near by?
You might contact Hugh at the Long Beach Helmsmen and ask him if Bill Rivera is interested in selling any of his big boats. I think he has two Santa Barbaras and a Newport 12 and he isn't racing anymore.

Clay