Orange County RC Sailors - Page 23 - RC Groups
Dec 28, 2017, 08:24 PM
Driven by Passion!
Plan to be at Mason on Saturday afternoon.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2017, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Pt Dave
Thanks for the heads up, but I couldn't make it out. I have an unused FrSky Taranis Tx I bought four years ago, apparently the NiMH in it is discharged too deeply to resurrect. Hopefully be out next weekend.
Dec 30, 2017, 09:54 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Pt Dave
Yeah, about that ...

Pete (who was there Saturday afternoon)
Jan 02, 2018, 05:56 AM
Dang!....What else did I bring
Well to put at ease everyone who could not make it....Pete, Dick, n myself were out there, but you did not miss anything wind wise. May have been the slowest wind day we've experienced thus far....but still had a relaxing time shooting the non-breeze!
Jan 09, 2018, 07:05 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Got a new wind sock at the AMA Expo. My old one was in tatters after the Santa Ana winds. Anyway, it was doing 360s on the pole while standing straight out this afternoon which reminded me of a high-energy version of the winds on Mason pond lately.

Pete
Jan 11, 2018, 09:36 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Forecast for Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 79. Northeast wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Sounds good to me! I'll be there with a new DragonFlight 95 or with my RC-Laser if the DF95 isn't ready to sail.

I only missed one weekend, but it feels a lot longer than that.

Pete
Jan 12, 2018, 06:01 PM
Too many hobbies
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGR
Forecast for Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 79. Northeast wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Sounds good to me! I'll be there with a new DragonFlight 95 or with my RC-Laser if the DF95 isn't ready to sail.

I only missed one weekend, but it feels a lot longer than that.

Pete
Hey, Pete. This is your neighbor Rick, who was out at the pond a couple weeks ago. Just got a new Laser and may try to maiden it Saturday, family allowing. Also have a DF65 coming in Wednesday. You all made it look too inviting.
Last edited by Pathfinder834; Jan 12, 2018 at 06:21 PM.
Jan 12, 2018, 07:47 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Sounds good, Rick. I'll be there tomorrow, probably from 11 or so, and I'll be there until at least 2. Depending on the wind, I may come earlier and/or stay later. Being as you'll be bringing your Laser then I'll bring mine. My DF95 arrived today and my initial plan was to get it rigged tonight so I could sail it tomorrow, but I'm tired and would rather just go to bed early, take the Laser to the pond tomorrow, and work on the DF95 after I get home. I can always put it in the water on Sunday.

Anyway, hope to see you at the pond!

Pete
Jan 13, 2018, 08:52 AM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
What a difference a couple days makes! Now the forecast for today says Sunny, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. I sure liked what they were forecasting a couple days ago better!

I'm still planning to be there around 11.

Pete
Jan 13, 2018, 09:34 AM
Too many hobbies
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGR
What a difference a couple days makes! Now the forecast for today says Sunny, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. I sure liked what they were forecasting a couple days ago better!

I'm still planning to be there around 11.

Pete
I just have the stock B sail. Hopefully thereíll be enough breeze to push me around.
Jan 13, 2018, 10:16 AM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
A B sail works ok in light conditions. An A sail just pushes you around a little faster, but it doesn't take much wind before it overpowers the A and you're putting the B on. Been there, done that.

Pete
Jan 13, 2018, 01:01 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Been at the pond for about 10 minutes and there hasnít even been slight breeze. The only ripples on the water are from coots moving around. If that doesnít change in the next 20 minutes or so then Iíll be heading home without even taking my boat out of the car.

Pete
Jan 14, 2018, 09:51 AM

Dragonflite 95 Assembly

My Dragonflite 95 build

Will maiden at mason regional park on sunday
Jan 14, 2018, 10:28 AM
Dang!....What else did I bring
Great Chuck...we will be there. Those sail even better then the 65's do...in that they don't get stuck in irons as easily. Had a good time sailing them yesterday with the Argonats site by sea world. Great group of sailors. Made us feel welcome right away.....kind of like most of us in this great hobby! Your going to like this one over your Lasir....just for the simple reason of not getting in irons.
A few guys from the OC were down there too. Fun clear pond...but salt water!
Sorry you got skunked Pete....maybe today will be better...call me if you want the report ?
Jan 14, 2018, 06:47 PM
Too many hobbies
I had an absolutely wonderful time at Mason today, trying out the new Laser. Right up until my battery died.....in the middle of the lake. going in a tight circle. Apparently, Flysky 's default failsafe is to put rudder full over when battery goes bye-bye. What a great bunch of guys out there. Willing to step in and help a new guy out. Dave with his retrieval line, and Tony to do the hard work of sailing his beautiful Seawind to the rescue. Big lesson learned. Carry a battery with a big enough capacity to get me through the afternoon, or know enough to to change packs after a couple of hours. When you're out there on the lake, having a relaxing sail, you kind of forget that you must mind your batteries. Thanks guys.

Rick

Quick Reply