Orange County RC Sailors - Page 20 - RC Groups
Dec 04, 2017, 11:22 AM
Modeler/ Historian
[QUOTE=oletimer;38743150]Dick n I will bring our N12s but will be looming for advice on timing them better. Want to pick Stevens brain too on setting g up my Atlantis...just not sure how much room my truck can hold all these big boats?
Here are some shots of my maiden...un painted boat. She we t much nicer then expected. Glad you will be driving all the way up Steven. Looking foreword to meeting you in person.

I look forward to seeing all the great boats on the water. I might have my unfinished Atlantis with me, depending on how much room we have in the rental car. I have my Son, his armed trawler, a corvette, destroyer, and Canterbury J to load up, plus clothes etc.. for 4 days. If not, I'll certainly be armed with plenty of pictures. Plus I will have my Canterbury J! I was originally driving out to CA for the Task Force 96 run in San Diego. It's a happy coincidence that this sail got scheduled for the Sunday.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2017, 02:07 AM
Dang!....What else did I bring
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGR
Hiya Clay:

The switch among the South OC guys from bumper-boats to a more conventional sailing mentality has been quite remarkable. They're spending a lot more time sailing around the course now and making an honest effort at learning and observing the racing rules of sailing. In many cases, the change is by necessity because, as you mentioned, their boats are getting a lot bigger. That, and many of the boats either have or will soon have some really nice new paint jobs.

I don't think I've heard the phrase "ramming speed" while sailing with them for at least a month now.

Pete
Yea...funny how a new paint job and nicer boats induces better sailing edicut n distance given around markers!
When we have the older boats...bumper boats is hallarious', but that should only be between other consenting friends. Never a outsider or someone not wanting to do that sort of thing.
When we raced our foam fast wings...hitting was not only allowed, but encouraged...but when I have my molded carbon DLG or f-3 planes up and you even get close...I'm going to rip your head off or let you know you better have $800 in your wallet if you do!
Dec 05, 2017, 02:10 AM
[QUOTE=Stephen Vick;38745389]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oletimer
Dick n I will bring our N12s but will be looming for advice on timing them better. Want to pick Stevens brain too on setting g up my Atlantis...just not sure how much room my truck can hold all these big boats?
Here are some shots of my maiden...un painted boat. She we t much nicer then expected. Glad you will be driving all the way up Steven. Looking foreword to meeting you in person.

I look forward to seeing all the great boats on the water. I might have my unfinished Atlantis with me, depending on how much room we have in the rental car. I have my Son, his armed trawler, a corvette, destroyer, and Canterbury J to load up, plus clothes etc.. for 4 days. If not, I'll certainly be armed with plenty of pictures. Plus I will have my Canterbury J! I was originally driving out to CA for the Task Force 96 run in San Diego. It's a happy coincidence that this sail got scheduled for the Sunday.
Cool Steven
I'm just into sailing boats, but would love to see the military war boats side of this hobby. Sounds like fun, but expensive!
I also have a beautiful 3 cylinder Saito steam engin boat given to me by the Yardley family (friends and employer) when George passed away...but have never taken it out...I think the engin alone is worth close to 2 grand....have always been fascinated by steam Engins, train and others as well. Runs on denatured alcohol.
Last edited by oletimer; Dec 05, 2017 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Forgot to say something
Dec 05, 2017, 03:08 AM
An alternative to bumper boats ... ???

When I first got started into RC Sailing was 1987 ... too windy for glider flying ... was driving home past one of the many town local lake drainage ponds ...

Two guys were sailing Victor Soling 1m that just came on the market ... BUT WHAT THEY WERE DOING WAS ALSO INTERSETING ... not just sailing Soling 1m

They were two friends "jousting" ... rather than just tired of "follow the leader" ... they had straight pin duct taped to bow of each yacht - AND - a small party balloon taped on stern ...

Was really cool to see them "Jousting" and maneuvering for position advantage to pop the other guys balloon ... granted - they were both good friends - as well as - good sailors.

NOTE: over the next few weekends ... me an MANY OTHERS PURCHASED AND BUILT Victor Soiling 1M
Dec 05, 2017, 09:50 AM
sloca 6 who are you.? your close to all of us but we dont know who you are. Do we know you ???? Sorry but we re all in question so I just thought I d ask !!!
Dec 05, 2017, 02:21 PM
Hull 302 has found a new home, I ll miss my Micro Magic but to cool to let this one go by !!!!
Dec 05, 2017, 07:49 PM
Anthony Arrigo

Very nice

You will love it! Too bad about the micro magic. You can sail mine. Have one landing tomorrow.
Dec 05, 2017, 07:59 PM
He he thanks Tony, I ll have one again soon !!!
Dec 05, 2017, 10:22 PM
Ah ... the mystery ghost sailor (slo.ca6) from yrs past - now on long shore leave (family and wrk obligations - so I don't get to sail ... only get to read and follow this forum is as close as I get to sailing )

Maybe in a few more yrs - I will get to return to sailing again ??? ... will see
Dec 06, 2017, 06:33 PM
Newports and special gathering will be at El Dorado Long Bch this Sunday 12-10-17... (not Mason Park) ... Correct ??
Dec 06, 2017, 07:12 PM
Correct
Dec 07, 2017, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo.ca6
Ah ... the mystery ghost sailor (slo.ca6) from yrs past - now on long shore leave (family and wrk obligations - so I don't get to sail ... only get to read and follow this forum is as close as I get to sailing )

Maybe in a few more yrs - I will get to return to sailing again ??? ... will see
Since your so close to us here at Mason...come on out and give our boats a spin...your more then welcome to ....have to have some get a way time now n then Slo Ca6!
Dec 07, 2017, 01:14 AM
Modeler/ Historian
I'll be out there all the way from Texas this weekend. Come on out and I'll hand you my transmitter.
Dec 07, 2017, 09:44 AM
Appreciate the offers and encouragement ... very very slim chance for sailing ... unfortunate timing (i.e. already have Sunday family and church - especially this Sunday - special events)
Dec 07, 2017, 03:00 PM
The rudder has been repaired, the sails have been re rigged, shes ready for the water on Saturday !!!!!