Orange County RC Sailors - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 21, 2017, 12:40 AM
Driven by Passion!
I am loving it Chuck. Excellent upgrades. Welcome to the 21st Century! Now we will all be chasing you.

BTW - They say that sticking with 100 lb monofilament is the best to use on the sail winch.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2017, 08:14 PM
Saturday the 19th.....Dick giving Jeff some sound advice on how to fix the leak.
Aug 22, 2017, 08:34 PM
Had a lot of fun sailing Mason today with Ron. Even though I lost a servo in my Nirvanna and The rec in Ron's Catamaran got wet we were able to get in a lot of sailing on his Tradewinds sailboat. Thanks Ron had a great time !!!!
Aug 24, 2017, 01:08 AM

Hello from El Dorado Park, Long Beach

It is nice to see an RC Group posting for local sailing. As a regular at El Dorado park in Long Beach I hope to be a regular contributor here as well. At El Dorado there is a practice schedule from 10 until noon Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday each week. On Tuesday they will typically sail their Santa Barbara s, on Wednesday Soling 50 and on Thursdays the US1M.

Good group of guys, shifty, often light air conditions, easy parking.

Good winds!

Clay
Aug 24, 2017, 03:40 PM
Driven by Passion!
Hi Clay,
Thanks for the post. A group of us new skippers have sailed at El Dorado Park a couple of times now. It's a great park to sail at. It's nice to have two good parks that are sailboat friendly in the local area. Let me know if there are any other friendly places to sail in the area.

Dave
Aug 24, 2017, 04:06 PM
Tri-City Park in Placentia USED TO BE very active club - if not more than El Dorado Park ...

But sadly ... aging folks passing and changing demographics - and changes to park - this club has devolved into unstructured occasional sailing by infrequenct folks sailing different yachts

NOTE: been more than six yrs since I sailed at Tri-City (or anywhere in SoCal due to family matters - includeing daughter broken arm last night ... and ... I live 10 minutes from Mason Park - indeed also a great place to sail) ... one retired guy I know who emails me occasionally still sails at Tri-City week-days
Last edited by slo.ca6; Aug 24, 2017 at 05:36 PM.
Aug 24, 2017, 09:24 PM
I have been sailing at tri city for the last year. The group usually meets up on tuesdays and saturdays. On the weekends sometimes parking is limited in the upper parking lot near the restroom. We usually launch on the obvious pad just down from the restroom.

Tri City RC Schooner sailboat (0 min 45 sec)
Aug 24, 2017, 09:41 PM
Very nice schooner ... and ... what looks like Newport 12 (or US 12m)

Sadly ... I see in schooner video ... that the shade trees were removed ... sure used to be nice having that shade while sailing in heat of the day

Still a great place to sail ...
Sure hope that Tri-City club reserrects itself with new folks ... maybe by the time I get to return to sailing there will be a nice gathering and informal / formal racing

NOTE: I just like informal sailing ... and ... building
Aug 24, 2017, 10:35 PM
here is another vid i shot ...

TRI CITY RC SAILING SESSION (0 min 35 sec)
Aug 25, 2017, 11:37 AM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
So who's sailing @ Mason this weekend? I plan to be there tomorrow (Sat) at around 11 with my Soling 1m.

Sunday is an OCMSC V-32 race which will last from 11:30 until around 2:00. I don't have a V-32, but I'll probably go and offer to be the score keeper if they need one. Then more casual sailing if any other casual sailors are there.

Pete ⛵️
Aug 26, 2017, 12:01 PM
Driven by Passion!

Dragon's on RSM lake

Enjoyed a late evening session up on RSM lake on Thursday evening. The lake is buzzing with people enjoying the beautiful evening around the lake.

It was a maiden voyage for Raul's Dragon Force 65 - #57. The winds were soft but the boats did great.

Dave
Aug 26, 2017, 12:15 PM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
Was t there a sailing club that sailed IOMs on a private lake in Orange County ?
Aug 26, 2017, 01:02 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Pt Dave
Enjoyed a late evening session up on RSM lake on Thursday evening.
RSM Lake? Where's that? Looks good.

On another note, I only live 5 miles from Mason Park (as the crow flies) and there isn't enough wind here to make a dust bunny stir. The National Weather Service says "Sunny, with a high near 79. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon" so I'll probably wait until sometime after noon to head to the pond.

Pete
Aug 26, 2017, 03:41 PM
Driven by Passion!
Rancho Santa Margarita
Aug 26, 2017, 04:15 PM
Several yrs ago ... over six (6) yrs ...
A splinter group from Mason Park club were sailing IOMs at Woodbridge Community - private lake ... just off Culver (north of 405) ... adjacent to Barranca

club started as splinter group from Mason Park club - with several members that lived in community - which allowed mainly community members only to sail - with occasional visitors

Key being ...
you had to LIVE IN WOODBRIDGE COMMUNITY ... avg joe could not sail by themselves

Do not know if anyone still sailing as a club ... Great Lake and wind ... challenging launch / recovery access for deep keel yachts

UPDATE ...
AMYA website still shows this Irvine CA club ... no website link ... but - does have contact name and number NOTE: did not list actual contact name and number ... if anyone really want to contact - use www.theAMYA.org website

Club #71 - Woodbridge RC Yacht Club
Last edited by slo.ca6; Aug 26, 2017 at 04:44 PM.