Foxtech DVL1 5G 1080P Full HD Video System - RC Groups

Foxtech DVL1 5G 1080P Full HD Video System

Foxtech has a new option for those who want a digital HD video downlink on their drone. The DVL1, (decidedly not a great name) is a 5Ghz 1080P HD Transmission and Receiver system.

Splash

A New HD Video Downlink from Foxtech

Foxtech has a new option for those who want a digital HD video downlink on their drone. The DVL1, (decidedly not a great name) is a 5Ghz 1080P HD Transmission and Receiver system. The transmitter has an OSD, is lightweight and has adjustable output power from 25mw up to 800mw for a max range of about 4km. The latency on the video feed is said to be less than 200ms which puts it on par with DJI's LightBridge 2 system.

The receiver side is pretty neat too. It has an HDMI output for connecting to a monitor, but it also has a wifi output that can talk to a mobile device. It allows you to output a video feed from the HDMI and wifi output at the same time. Pricing on the DVL1 is $579.90 which is nearly half of the LightBridge 2, but you might want to wait on some user reviews to see how the DVL1 performs in the real world before making your purchasing decision.

Check out the Foxtech DVL1 5G 1080P Full HD Video System here

Specifications:

• Communication Distance: 200mw ground distance ≥1500m; 500mw ground distance ≥2000m(double distance in air) if change to the wide angle directional patch antenna, the distance will be double.
  • Video Resolution: 1080p (1920X1080 60/30fps), 720p supported
  • Output Power: 25mw-800mw adjustable
  • Sensitivity: -95dbm2dbm
  • Frequency: 5G
  • Latency: <200ms
  • Video Input: HDMI
  • Video Output: WiFi(for mobile devices); HDMI (for HDMI display devices)
  • Working Temperature: -10~60℃
  • Air system working voltage: 2S-3S,12V-DC
  • Ground system working voltage: 2S-3S, 12DC
  • Weight(air system): 86g
  • Weight(ground system): 198g
  • Multi-Device monitoring
  • Built-in OSD
  • Cellphone APP available

Includes:

• 1x Air System
  • 1x Ground System
  • 2x Air System Antenna
  • 2x Ground System Antenna
  • 2x Ground System Mobile Antenna
  • 1x Air System Power Cable
  • 1x HDMI Cable(D-D)
  • 1x Extension Bar

Aug 17, 2017, 10:21 AM
Another debacle la Insight 5G? Hopefully not. In any case, a physical hdmi link between receiver and monitor is a good idea.

Interested to see some independent reviews on this.
Aug 17, 2017, 10:21 AM
RCGroups Editor
I've been eyeballing this system, but I'm a little unclear on what camera it uses.
Aug 17, 2017, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloJustin
Another debacle la Insight 5G? Hopefully not. In any case, a physical hdmi link between receiver and monitor is a good idea.

Interested to see some independent reviews on this.
+1000. I hope i won't be a refurbished and bad programmed TV link or something.
But I guess that being chinese but more expensive than a regular Prosight it has to be better. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
I've been eyeballing this system, but I'm a little unclear on what camera it uses.
I think you can connect any camera with HDMI output.
Last edited by Max_FPV; Aug 17, 2017 at 11:11 AM.
Aug 17, 2017, 11:08 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_FPV
I think you can connect any camera with HDMI output.
thanks!
Aug 17, 2017, 02:15 PM
Ordered this morning. I found a manual here:

https://fccid.io/2ALW2-GROUND/Users-...al-3408087.pdf

The manual says it comes with a cable for pixhawk to stream osd straight to the vtx and includes instructions on how to do so. Hopefully this works out for$579.

The test video doesent look too bad especially for 25mw but we shall see:
R2TECK 1080P Full-HD Digital Transmission System BVL1 Ground Check (1 min 48 sec)
Aug 17, 2017, 02:36 PM
RCGroups Editor
Yea, I saw that about the pixhawk... As a user of both the APM/Pixhawk and Eagle Tree Vector, I much prefer the latter of the two. Hopefully soon, one of these companies will work with Eagle Tree and get their HD transmission system to play nicely with the Vector.
Aug 17, 2017, 02:48 PM
I really only use the osd for voltage, and gps count and coordinates. Right now ive been flying blind because cam is a sony hx80 with hdmi output and I haven't seen anything that can run osd on hdmi? I was going to switch to all dji and run Lightbridge but this may be my saving grace.

What are you using on eagle tree? I never caught on to it.
Aug 17, 2017, 02:57 PM
Do you think you can tell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
Yea, I saw that about the pixhawk... As a user of both the APM/Pixhawk and Eagle Tree Vector, I much prefer the latter of the two. Hopefully soon, one of these companies will work with Eagle Tree and get their HD transmission system to play nicely with the Vector.

This Matt, there is a lot of love for EagleTree here on RCG and it's rightly deserved, hopefully soon there will be a solution to this and then a lot of VERY happy people around.
Latest blog entry: FFREEWELL DJI Mavic Pro ND &...
Aug 17, 2017, 03:20 PM
Ahhh ET Vector is a whole flight controller. Good deal and I'm so very late.
Aug 19, 2017, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRFED
Ordered this morning.
👏👏👏 Great!!!

I'll be waiting your review!!

Aug 22, 2017, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_FPV
👏👏👏 Great!!!

I'll be waiting your review!!

A day or two after ordering and receiving a fedex tracking number I got a email saying its not in stock yet. They have added this to the website since I have paid.

"DVL1 Full-HD digital video system is not in stock yet, we are accepting pre-order now, all pre-orders will be shipped once the DVL1 video system is available, estimated shipping date would be around late August, we are sorry for any inconvenience."

Sidenote, the app is in the IOS app store but you have to click on "iPhone apps" cause its not available/optimized for ipad just yet. It still opens on ipad but basically a blown up version from the iPhone.
Aug 22, 2017, 05:19 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
I had high hopes for this set up until i just saw the price ($579),so why so high when i can get the Connex ProSight for ($399) at the moment,oh and that comes with an HD camera.

Is there something i'm missing with this set up that the Connex hasn't got or can't do? not being funny as i really want to know because i'm in the market for a HD FPV set up,but want to make the right choice as i only want to by one set up and not two because my better half is in charge of the purse strings when it comes to that sort of money.
Aug 22, 2017, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz
Is there something i'm missing with this set up that the Connex hasn't got or can't do?
I can't vouch for what this system can or cannot do, but Prosight is aimed at racing type applications that do not require long range or Mavlink/Pixhawk OSD integration. The ProSight OSD is [im]famously NOT customizable with no integration capabilities whatsoever, and range is still an order of magnitude shorter than analog alternatives.

While ProSight certainly has a lot to offer the crowd it is intended for, it has nothing to offer the remainder of the FPV enthusiasts who, for example, want to fly fixed wing. We are not talking apples to apples. There is a large market segment that has not been addressed at this price point, and systems like these (whether they are unicorns or not) are looking to fill that gaping hole in an "out of the box" way.
Aug 22, 2017, 06:19 PM
If I'm not mistaken the prosight for 599 can only be used with the camera it comes with. Major deduction.