Aug 16, 2017, 07:09 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
Contest

2Day F5J competition Sacramento 9/16-9/17

Due to conflicts with F3J team selects This weekend, the SVSS 2Day F5J competition has been changed to a ONE day Competition Saturday Sept 16 with Entry fee of $25
Lunch will not be provided but bagels and cold drinks WILL be provided. We will fly as many rounds as possible with no flyoffs.
Award plaques will be given 1st-5th and Will count towards USA F5J tour standings.

Sacramento Valley Soaring Society (SVSS) and the SVSS F5J Team welcome you to F5J in Sacramento. This is your chance to experience F5J at one of the west coast's premier RC soaring locations with irrigated green grass, wide open spaces for miles, abundant thermals, and usually plenty of soaring birds too. Our site has a large shade structure with tables and a large parking lot adjoining the field. It doesn't get much better than this.

Location: Grasslands Regional Park in Yolo County just outside of Davis,CA , 4mi south of I-80 on Mace Blvd/county road 104. The site is 23mi from Sacramento International Airport. GPS coordinates: 3829'49.37"N 12141'29.49"W

Dates: Sept 16-2017

Pilots meeting: 8:30am Saturday with first flights at 9:00am

Breakfast: Bagels and Cream Cheese and cold drinks. provided by SVSS F5J Team member Jerry Molnar.

Hosting Club: SVSS

Event Organizer: Lou Fox Loujfox@yahoo.com

CD: Chris Bajorek, assistant CD : Jerry Molnar

F5J USA Tour Event

This is an F5J USA Tour event and will be conducted in accordance with Tour rules and guidelines and FAI F5J rules. Pertinent information can be found at http://www.f5j-usa.com. Each model flown must be equipped with an approved F5J limiter (see list below). Per Tour rules for this season motor restarts will be allowed but will result in a zero flight. Contest Rules and Processes are posted here: http://www.f3xevents.com/F5JRULES.htm (note that the pilot's meeting is 8:30 each day, not 7:30 as listed in the standard rules page).

Currently approved limiters are:
Altis v3
Altis v4+
Altis v4
Altis Micro
CAMF5J
Grk Elec Altmr2
Mvario2_JetiBox
RCE #2Basic
RCE Multi 2
SM Unilog 2
This competition will be scored using Gliderscore with smartphone scoring. A community laptop will be provided for those without smartphone access.

REGISTRATION is now open at http://www.f3xevents.com/ You can pay via Paypal or by US mail ( by mail make checks payable to SVSS) The entry fee is $ 25 its bring your own lunch, but bagels and cold drinks will be provided. View the pilots list here: http://www.f3xevents.com/release/Reg...SACRAMENTO2017

AWARDS will be given out to the top 5 pilots .

Ps edit : the Field WILL be open for practice Friday 9/15
Last edited by Airman74; Sep 13, 2017 at 03:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2017, 08:31 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
Additional Motel info below
Motel 6 : https://www.motel6.com/en/motels.ca....ooglelocal-280

Days Inn : https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/days-i...&iata=00065402

Both of above Motels are just 4mi down Mace Blvd from our field right off I-80 and Mace Blvd close to gas and eating, and clean and reasonably priced.
Aug 17, 2017, 03:50 PM
Team Hello Kitty

Sponsor for Sacramento-RC Dude Hobbies

The F5J USA Tour is pleased to announce a sponsor for the F5J in Sacramento event. RC Dude Hobbies has signed up for Sacramento and will be providing the following really nice components for your next F5J plane build:
(1) Castle Creations Phoenix Edge 50A Lite ESC (link)
(4) Hyperion G7 HV 90C 3S 900mah lipos (link)
Name: rcdude-plus-products-600px.jpg
Views: 30
Size: 40.2 KB
Description:

Thanks Randy and the RC Dude Hobbies team!

Chris
www.f5j-usa.com
Last edited by SoaringDude; Aug 17, 2017 at 03:58 PM.
Aug 18, 2017, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringDude
The F5J USA Tour is pleased to announce a sponsor for the F5J in Sacramento event. RC Dude Hobbies has signed up for Sacramento and will be providing the following really nice components for your next F5J plane build:
Attachment 10287016

Chris
www.f5j-usa.com
Thanks Chris. We're glad to be on board and part of the community in some small way!

Randy
Aug 18, 2017, 10:23 AM
E sailplane thermal hack
Thanks again Randy!! This is a VERY generous donation!!
These are ALL top notch components that would or could be a part of ANY high end F5J plane build, I myself have used ALL of the above components and they're great!!

Jerry
Aug 19, 2017, 06:21 PM
Original Bloody Spadder
This contest is also on my radar
Aug 21, 2017, 10:50 AM
E sailplane thermal hack
Be glad to have you John! Think you'll like it
Aug 25, 2017, 11:10 PM
RV7guy

I'm planning on it

I'm off that week and it looks like I'll be able to make it. Love the Sac field!!

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Team Futaba
Aug 28, 2017, 11:02 PM
Team Futaba
I'm going to arrange my schedule so I'm passing through Davis on my regularly scheduled commutes between (the real) northern California and Orange County.

Entered and hotel booked. See you all in Davis!! Gotta do Cattlemen's at lest 1 night.
Last edited by Silent-AV8R; Aug 30, 2017 at 09:12 PM.
Aug 31, 2017, 08:33 AM
Team Futaba
Just noticed this contest conflicts with the F3J Team Selects. Going to lose a number of pilots to that I think.
Aug 31, 2017, 09:30 AM
Team Hello Kitty
Thanks for signing up Bill, and yes you are right. I have received several emails and PMs about that. Unfortunately we were sandwiched in between other F5J USA Tour events and the fact that our other dates on our club's calendar were immovable. So this is our best shot this year.

Pretty sure you will see others signing up soon. And even if it turns out to be a small comp we should have some very good flying conditions and good F5J "battles" going on. Our field has been producing consistently good air all season, better than usual although nobody has quite has figured out why yet. But it's been good.
Last edited by SoaringDude; Aug 31, 2017 at 09:36 AM. Reason: typo
Aug 31, 2017, 10:48 AM
E sailplane thermal hack
Quote:
Thanks for signing up Bill, and yes you are right. I have received several emails and PMs about that. Unfortunately we were sandwiched in between other F5J USA Tour events and the fact that our other dates on our club's calendar were immovable. So this is our best shot this year.

Pretty sure you will see others signing up soon. And even if it turns out to be a small comp we should have some very good flying conditions and good F5J "battles" going on. Our field has been producing consistently good air all season, better than usual although nobody has quite has figured out why yet. But it's been good.
I thought so too Chris,,,,,, but at last weeks ALES there I couldn't for the life of me seem to consistently make my times while others did! Go figure!
Aug 31, 2017, 10:58 AM
Team Hello Kitty
Probably had your Sink Locator switch thrown by accident. Only use that switch in practice Jerry.
Sep 13, 2017, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Attachment 10287016

Chris
www.f5j-usa.com
Hey Chris,

Looks like we just got the 4 Hyperion 90C HVLi 3S 900mah lipos and a Castle Creations Phoenix Edge 50A Lite ESC just in time for me to ship it to you for the event this weekend. I know you talked about making a certificate to hand out, but would you rather just hand out the actual prize right there at the event? Let me know and I'll ship you out a Priority Mail package. If we act quickly it could be there on Friday.
Sep 13, 2017, 01:41 AM
Team Hello Kitty
Hi Randy, thanks much for the good news. I'll send you an email on this Wed AM early.

Quick Reply