Skyline32 setup issues - Tricopter Config - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 16, 2017, 08:01 PM
Discussion

Skyline32 setup issues - Tricopter Config

All,

First, I am a fixed wing guy who has decided to venture into your world and try scratch building my first multirotor. This decision came to me shortly after purchasing my 3D printer (sorry... one of those guys). Anyways, I found a 250 fpv tricopter on thingiverse.com and printed it. I purchased the following parts from Headsuphobby.com:
1. EMAX MT2204 2300KV Motors (2 CCW and 1 CW)
2. EMAX Simon 12 AMP ESC's
3. EMAX Carbon Props 5030
4. EMAX Power Distribution Board 5v/12v (version 2)
5. EMAX Skyline32 Flight Control (Advanced V2)
6. Towerpro 9g Digital Servo
7. misc. bits and pieces

Using the manual that I found on EMAX's website and some diagrams I found on the internet, I hooked everything up. Installed Clean Flight but I cannot get the motors to spool up at all. Well, I can and its just motor number 1 (tail) but that's after I select the save button in any of the CF tabs and I have no control of the motor. My radio is a Futuba 6EX and those connects are just fine (I think). I can see all rc inputs and have already set the arm switch and flight modes.

Can someone take a look at my setup and tell me what I did wrong? The attached PDF is how I have made all my connection. I did not document the positive and negative esc wires that are typically found with the signal wire. I do not have them connected to anything. I just realized that the power/ground to the tail servo is not hooked up... hmmm, made that's why that isn't working.... LOL...

Best Regards,
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2017, 08:16 PM
Here is a pic of the 3D tricopter.
Aug 20, 2017, 09:31 PM
I guess no one here has a clue as to why I am having issues. Don't feel bad, neither does Emax. They have requested that I send them videos of my setup. Now I am waiting to hear back. In the meantime, I have 3d printed a quad and have ordered another esc and motor. If I don't get any results from Emax then I will transfer everything over and try my luck with a quad config...
Aug 27, 2017, 01:02 PM
Problem solved. Clean flight setup issue.
Aug 27, 2017, 09:46 PM
Cleanflight eh? Let me know if you get the servo working with v 2.0 or above.