Graph Tech RC - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 16, 2017, 06:51 PM
Discussion

Graph Tech RC

Anyone have experience with this company (good or bad)? In particular I am interested in one of their CF landing gears. I did the usual search, just hoping for a little more positive experiences.

Thanks, Sam
Last edited by esl1885; Aug 16, 2017 at 07:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2017, 11:07 PM
They are making a custom set of gear for me.

Great people and motivated to provide good customer Service.

LD
Aug 17, 2017, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by esl1885
Anyone have experience with this company (good or bad)? In particular I am interested in one of their CF landing gears. I did the usual search, just hoping for a little more positive experiences.

Thanks, Sam
The last several years have not been especially good ones for Graph Tec, not sure why but they were having real issues delivering products.

It's my understanding, based on a post at FG, that someone has purchased the company and better things are supposed to be coming. In the mean time, you may also want to check with TNT Landing Gear.
Aug 18, 2017, 11:31 AM
They did answer a couple of emails in a timely fashion and gave me a time table for delivery, so I will see what happens. Their delivery estimate was soon enough that I can always kick it back thru Paypal. The alternative was SDSHOBBY in China. TNT not really an option as I want carbon fiber. Thanks for the suggestion tho.
Sam
Aug 18, 2017, 01:28 PM
esl1885, personally I would avoid doing business with ANY Chinese company as it relates to carbon fiber landing gear. Especially SDSHOBBY! Just my thoughts based on personal experience..........
Aug 18, 2017, 06:05 PM
I don't disagree. I went ahead and ordered from Graph Tech. We will see what happens. Sam
Aug 18, 2017, 06:43 PM
Good Luck!
Sep 22, 2017, 01:02 PM
Thought a few people might like to know that I received my gear today from Graph Tech, and it looks great.
Took a week longer than they first said, but that is no problem. I feel that they can be depended on.
Dec 04, 2017, 12:32 PM
My order for the Graph Tech Lanier RC Stinger 60 landing gear came in today. Took about 14 days from order date. That's OK as I think my order was started on immediately after I ordered it. It's a long process to make one.

Per an RCG thread, this is the closest replacement for my Escapade 61 whose factory LG is way too short for 15" props.

Wow, what quality and what beauty! The edges and surfaces are like glass smooth. Tapping it gently on the floor, it sounds like aluminum landing gear.

Per posts else where in RCG, I gotta be careful with drilling holes and using washers to spread the load.

So, my experience with Graph Tech is really good.
PS - The new company name is different from the original.