2017 PVFN (Portola Valley Flight Night) Sept 9 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 16, 2017, 03:21 PM
Help!

2017 PVFN (Portola Valley Flight Night) Sept 9

Heads up! The 2017 PVFN (Portola Valley Flight Night) will be Sept 9 from 4pm to 8pm. Representing SBSS, I'll be there with the FPG-9 "Make-n-Take" gliders for the youngsters. I could use another hand or two to help the kids assemble and fly them.

Secondly, we can display some gliders and chat about flying them to the public. Bring a plane or two to set on a table to display and chat about.

Thirdly, SBSS (Bob Smith) has the UMX Radian and buddy box to offer hands-on flying. Will someone volunteer to buddy box fly?

Noel Eberhardt
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2017, 08:56 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
Noel

The UMX Radian is not that easy to fly, the full size Radian is much better flying airplane!

Brian, an EAJ
Sep 05, 2017, 11:09 PM

Outreach at Portola Valley Flight Night

Here's your opportunity to enjoy interfacing with youngsters by building FPG-9's and Walk-Along Gliders.

I have over 200 FPG-9's all cut out, ready for easy assembly by the kids. Also have color markers as they always enjoy decorating, but they can use adult help taping the fin, taping the penny, and flying.

This year I also have about 200 Walk-Along gliders cut out, most of them already shaped, needing the simple nose weight (a strip of aluminum already cut), ready for assembly and flying. I also have several cardboard panels to walk along and push the air up. These are really amazing how they just seem to float. These really need adult help.

Most of the action with these is from 4 to 6PM. Would appreciate the company and help, especially with the Walk-Along Gliders.

Noel
Sep 07, 2017, 06:50 PM

Display gliders

Will anyone coming to the Portola Valley event this Saturday, will you please bring an RC glider (or two) to display?

Noel