This thread is privately moderated by Dave Eichstedt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 15, 2017, 09:42 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Thread OP
Discussion

Warbirds and Classics Over the Midwest

Owatonna was great (NAMFI), and next up is Warbirds and Classics Over the Midwest in FonDuLac, Wisconsin. This is a fun event with an awesome flying site, and I'm looking forward to it! I'm working on both my P-51 and Spitfire at the moment, and hoping to bring them both along with my P-47. Right now it's looking promising for getting them all there.

Again, if you plan on being there, look me up and we can talk about kits, state of the industry, or whatever else is of interest at the time.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2017, 11:23 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Thread OP

RIP Spitfire

Spitfire went in just before lunch. I believe a failed repair was the cause. I had previously re-glued the bulkhead that captured the wing dowels, and I suspect I didn't do a thorough enough job. At the end of an inverted pass I pushed a little before rolling upright and then things got weird. Kind of a loss of control / what's going on / thump experience.

Oh well. I have two good airplanes to fly tomorrow!

Quick Reply