Aug 15, 2017, 08:28 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Pitch and yaw with 2 axis SimpleBGC gimbal

I'd like to set up my 2 axis gimbal for pitch and yaw (rather than pitch and roll) - SimpleBGC 2.2

It's working fine normally (pitch and roll), but I can't get sensible behaviour when I tip it on its back.

I've updated the output to send the "yaw" control to the "roll" motor, and it does seem to react, but spins like crazy.

The "up" and "right" - are they based on the main board, or the little IMU on the camera itself? If they're on the camera, then those wouldn't actually change, would they?

Can someone share settings if they've tried it, and is it actually feasible with the standard 2.2 setup?

I can handle drift in yaw because my goal is to couple it with a vision system that can rein it in.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2017, 01:39 AM
Thread OP
Had another play and made some progress.

Here are my current settings and a picture of the config. It works OK, but occasionally starts oscillating in yaw, or if I move the frame to far in pitch is starts shaking in pitch. Also, it seems any increase in parameters sends it crazy, so I don't know how to fix the oscillation.
Aug 17, 2017, 02:22 PM
Fear only fear in life
How do you plan on fitting the gimball to have yaw control when you only have a pitch and roll axis?
Aug 19, 2017, 11:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiederikHarkema
How do you plan on fitting the gimball to have yaw control when you only have a pitch and roll axis?
The way it's sitting in the photo (tipped on its back), the roll motor now does yaw.
Aug 20, 2017, 04:34 AM
Fear only fear in life
Interesting. I think the damperning rubbers will not work as intended and jello and vibrations will be plenty, nut don't know for sure

Quick Reply