Sep 21, 2017, 11:54 AM
1 revolution and throw!
Thread OP

new tail linkage system

hello,

i came up with a new tail linkage system for the horizontal tail , these tails are ussually pretty thin around the hingeline and torsion springs distort the wing skin over time, oftenly they can loose tension aswell over time .
this new system has the spring on the fuselage as you can see .

this is just a prototype , a more eleganbt version will be worked out for production kits.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2017, 02:26 PM
1 revolution and throw!
Thread OP

word on the revolution and it's builder

hello all,

I'm sure many of you saw the revolution popping up here and there on rcgroups for quite some time now, yet very little comments where written by pilots on this plane.
Well i will give a little explanantion and word on the company composite gliders

Some of you reading this already know much of this story but here goes:
First off all i would like to say that the company is a man show , producing model gliders requires a lot before it can start , a big diffrence with cooking up something for yourself , all steps need to semi automated so results are consitent and good which requires a lot of tooling!
On the medical side i have severe headaches bugging me for many years now , i'm 33 and have these for about 20 years now , bad periods i can spend most of the day in bed, sometimes 3-4 days a week , luckely i have better weeks too!
This frequently returning pain puts a lot of pressure on me and past year or 2 i had dificulties keeping the moral up.
Pain still here but i hopefully found a way to cope with it better , at least i feel like this lately.

So that's why the revolution has been around for quit some time , yet not to many are sold/flying around .

I can not compete in terms of production numbers with other manufacturers but i don't need to , if i can build planes the moments i'm thinking straight then i'm happy.

this means the revolution has to be considered more as a unique model with limited availabilty , as the execution of design itself is somewhat more unique aswell.
priority for me is helping out exsisting customers if they need a replacement part , so delivery time of new kits depend on several of the above mentioned stuff.

Some words on the model itself , i had a fantastic year with it this contest season , maxed 4 national contest this year and a 5th i got 99.8% must be about my best result ever so far with 1 contest to go.
Got my best result at a WC aswell , i'm really getting some excelent flying out of it

Another thing is , i'm doing my very best to produce smooth and shiny parts and it shows! people at the worlds remarqued the smoothness of my wings .
the aerodesign is much more lifty then many other today designs and it outclimbs them fairly well even at a higher weight .
As materials got lighter i started to pay more attention to the finish by adding more paint and resin on all versions expect for super light(from 185gr) .
so the light(from 225gr) , normal (from 240gr and strong (from 260gr)version is build super smooth.
i see many planes break lately due to a chase for producing lighter planes/people using light planes for stuff they are not meant for (wind/ballast) or just being a brutal launcher putting more stress then the airframe can handle.

i think i can say my versions except for super light are more sturdy as moest as a higher resin/carbon content explains the extra weight (each version roughly 20gr heavier then others equally named version of other comparable AR models.

so a bit of insight and filosophy of who i am and how i work.
Last edited by krikkens; Sep 23, 2017 at 07:13 PM.
Sep 25, 2017, 02:58 AM
1 revolution and throw!
Thread OP

3D printed servoframes

hi,

i designed some servoframes for the bluebird servos , just got some 3Dprinted servoframes in and they seem all good

i don't have the version with mounting tabs here right now, they are meant for those .

weight = 1gram/frame
Sep 25, 2017, 07:49 AM
AERO+
Hi kristof, sorry to hear the heathy issue you have and can truly understand how hard to be as a builder who has finished so many creative aircrafts. The revolution is a true beauty and it's even better than what I saw in wch. All the best to you and hope to fly with you soon somewhere in Europe.
Sep 25, 2017, 08:49 AM
I was very impressed with the Revolution when I got I chance to handle it at the WChamps. It certainly performed very well in Kristof's hands and I love the innovation in Kristof's models.
Sep 25, 2017, 10:09 AM
1 revolution and throw!
Thread OP
thanks for the kind words!
Sep 25, 2017, 10:20 AM
1 revolution and throw!
Thread OP

side information

yesterday i won my first f5j contest , almost to hard to believe , had a major headache during the contest and i was frequently considering going to sleep in the camper as it was getting really unbearable . it drained me completely but i'm fighting for podium in my first complete flown contest year f5j

homebuild bagged wing (design by the same guy who designed the revolution) and we both worked togeter building thisplane (i did cnc work , he bagged it)
4m weighing 1350grams .

the level of flying in f5j belgium is quit high with well seasoned f3j pilots who got some very good results on international contest recently (f3j&f5j)and in the past.

succeeded in maxing 6/6 rounds with my new glider , awesome performance , really great aerowork like on the revolution!
happy pilot

has some revolution DNA it it , it can work super small lift like a champ and once in a stronger thermal it climbs ridicously fast , it's crazy .
i flwon a few f3j/f5j designs but this one is diffrent , so much more nimble , way less sluggisch and way fatser climbing but a bit more work on the sticks as it's so much more nimble...
Last edited by krikkens; Sep 25, 2017 at 10:54 AM.
Sep 25, 2017, 10:40 AM
congratulations on the result, my first f5j competition will be the UK team selection event in a few weeks time!

Revolution really is what its name suggests, amazing attention to detail and full of Kristoffs usual ground-breaking ideas that will likely become mainstream once the other manufacturers catch up
Sep 25, 2017, 10:50 AM
1 revolution and throw!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard S
congratulations on the result, my first f5j competition will be the UK team selection event in a few weeks time!

Revolution really is what its name suggests, amazing attention to detail and full of Kristoffs usual ground-breaking ideas that will likely become mainstream once the other manufacturers catch up
not sure about this one , adds manufacturing time and complexer tools and molding but i like going the extra mile if i come up with something i really like , altough the extra work doesn't result in higher kit price so less income for me .
this is the reason i don't think it will be taken over by others . the solid core thing and automtic linkage system was just there to be used as it doesn't add manufacturing time but does add simplicity for the end user.

i predict a future for the new spring method on the horizontal aswell , worked into the design a bit more elegant and it makes life so much easier;-)
the hole in the spring to poke the pin in the horn thru can be too large as the spring puts it to one side anyway , can be coupled easely without needing good vision or carefull work ;-)
Last edited by krikkens; Sep 25, 2017 at 10:57 AM.
Sep 25, 2017, 06:19 PM
Congratulation on a very impressive achievement with a new design. The shape is very sleek and surprisingly the motor bolted to the front looks better that I would have imagined, it is not terrible looking.

Very clever, >i predict a future for the new spring method on the horizontal as well
Last edited by Sensoar; Sep 25, 2017 at 06:26 PM.
Sep 26, 2017, 01:22 AM
1 revolution and throw!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensoar
Congratulation on a very impressive achievement with a new design. The shape is very sleek and surprisingly the motor bolted to the front looks better that I would have imagined, it is not terrible looking.

Very clever, >i predict a future for the new spring method on the horizontal as well

thank you Sir

The motor , well , it looks ok from a distance but the least i could say is it's less then optimal
A lot of open space behind the spinner in front of the fusleage.
but it works , the motor is light (90gr) very powerfull , more powerfull then the powerline 1025.
and it saved me weight as the fuselage nose is rather short , lipo can go much more forward now so it saved me about a 100grams .
i wouldn't build a new plane like this , it was just a quick and easy fix to make this one lighter.
i'm exptremely pleased with this motor , only wished it had a smaller diameter, you need a 40mm nose and spinner to install it inside the fuselage
Oct 10, 2017, 02:00 PM
1 revolution and throw!
Thread OP
revolution light wing with new paintscheme
generous useage of paint and clear coat and epoxy resin , results in super smooth wing

weight 107gr

Quick Reply