Aug 15, 2017, 05:17 PM
1 revolution and throw!
Thread OP
Discussion

Compositegliders.com Revolution

hello ,

attached the order form with options and prices , it's a word document and if you are not able to put checkmarks on the document just copy paste the items you where going to add into an e-mail .
Filled outt order forms also have to be emailed to me aswell as any questions about delivery cost and delay and such

thanks
Last edited by krikkens; Feb 03, 2018 at 04:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2017, 09:39 PM
Mike M.
I will chime in here and say that I had the pleasure of meeting Kristof at the wc in L'viv. He showed me the Revolution and explained some of the design features. I was glad to get an up close and personal look at this new design, and hold it in my hands. I must say that I was notably impressed! This is very innovative out of the box thinking, and looks like it should work well. Build quality and detail looked good. Amazing that just a little ring of packing tape binds the wing to the fuse. Slide it off and the whole thing disassembles in a few seconds. If it performs as good as it looks then this could be a game changer, even if only for convenience sake. Make it a truly competitive contest performer with durability and it will be a game changer. I would love to spend some time playing with one...

Nice job Kristof!
Aug 16, 2017, 01:49 AM
1 revolution and throw!
Thread OP
Hello Mike,

Well about durability...i never had nor been reported an issue about durability , the plastic tape ring will not fail , tape is used in other class of high speed models weighing 5x times or more the weight doing 200mph !
I made the nose a bit longer then i initially planned to do now so tails and tailboom can be beefier compared to some other models out there and still not needind noseweight to balance it out. the shape of the vertical tail is all about beefyness aswell as the rest of the plane.
Airfoils are slightly thicker compared to todays ships , yet i use the same carbon skin on them for the lightCW30, normalCW40 and strong version CW40+extra reinforcet . this makes the wing quit a bit stiffer then thinner wings with the same lay-up.

About contest performance , well i'm getting out more then i could have hoped for , in our national cup we had 4 contests by now and i maxed 3 times and 1 time 99.8% which hardly could be better.
Even with very , very little practice and other competitors getting better and better.
Same at the WC in l'viv , had flown my f3k models a few contests in the months before the wc and the weeks before the wc i only did a few dead air flight late at night so actually zero practice . yet i managed to came in 22th after a broken servo cost me points and 16th place , this was really all i ever could hope for lacking so much practise...
most of the time i flew my light one in l'viv at 213grams , only a few rounds i used a hevier plane
Aug 16, 2017, 02:52 AM
Is this a 2 piece wing?
Aug 16, 2017, 02:58 AM
AERO+
one of my favorite new planes, keep the work going kristoff, hope next time we meet I can put my fingers on it.
Aug 16, 2017, 03:20 AM
1 revolution and throw!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgleesonuk
Is this a 2 piece wing?
nope, i plan to do a 2piece but that will be for 2018....
Aug 16, 2017, 07:39 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Awesome!
Hope to see one soon

Kristoff, change the thread title to something more "official" and catchy as it will stay (hopefully) and be visible for a long time.

Your doc files are fine. I can fix some small typos or formatting issues for you if you want. But they will work as they are too.
Aug 16, 2017, 08:26 AM
1 revolution and throw!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
Awesome!
Hope to see one soon

Kristoff, change the thread title to something more "official" and catchy as it will stay (hopefully) and be visible for a long time.

Your doc files are fine. I can fix some small typos or formatting issues for you if you want. But they will work as they are too.
Hi Oleg ,

Got late yesterday evening and english isn't my native language , i spotted some errors myself this moring and got some feedback about it already , tougheter with other suggestions .

i will make an update and send it to you , it would be nice to get out the last kinks ;-)

thanks

ps isn't the thread title sounding official?? i was hoping it did , suggestions are welcome!
Aug 16, 2017, 10:05 AM
Mike M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krikkens
nope, i plan to do a 2piece but that will be for 2018....
Yes, the 2-piece wing will be what really sets this design apart from the rest of the top models.

Great job at the wc, Kristof!
Last edited by like.2.fly; Aug 16, 2017 at 10:10 AM.
Aug 16, 2017, 10:40 AM
1 revolution and throw!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly
Yes, the 2-piece wing will be what really sets this design apart from the rest of the top models.

Great job at the wc, Kristof!
design was with 2piece in mind , the wing/fuselage mating is perfect for 2p
Aug 17, 2017, 06:13 AM
AERO+
2P is a unstoppable tread.
Maybe in the next circle you will see only 2p plane LOL
Aug 18, 2017, 11:18 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Kristoff ,what makes You priced new Revolution much less than older XXlite?
Thanx.
Yuri
Aug 19, 2017, 02:58 AM
1 revolution and throw!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox
Kristoff ,what makes You priced new Revolution much less than older XXlite?
Thanx.
Yuri
Hello , Just point of view , for me it's priced slightly higher as all expenses got up.

When the xxlite first came out 1 euro was about 1.5usd , at the moment 1 euro is 1.17usd .
Quit a bit of a diffrence here .
Second this not the dealer price but straight from the manufacturer....
Sep 14, 2017, 08:48 AM
1 revolution and throw!
Thread OP
light-normal-normal-strong ;-)
Sep 18, 2017, 08:02 AM
1 revolution and throw!
Thread OP
set of tails with CW16.
tails with cw20 average'd at 10.5-11gram , didn't weighed the cores i used , some slight variation there is possible...

this will be the choise for the light and super light version

normal and strong are more focused on super smooth parts with nice and bright painting i will keep on using cw20 for those tails

Quick Reply