Aug 15, 2017, 10:57 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Updated - Comments from Topsky on newer version of F7X FPV Goggles

UPDATE (as of Nov. 9)
Topsky has told me some of the fixes they have completed so far for Version 2 of the goggles. They are:

Light Leakage: The problem with light leakage through the plastic of the goggles has been fixed

Settings Persistence: The goggles will remember settings after a power cycle (channel selected, screen brightness, etc. . .)

Auto Search speed: The speed of an auto search has been reduced, the goggles now auto-search faster

Fan problem: I was only told that this was fixed, I do not know how

Module bay size problems: They say the problem with third party modules not fitting has been fixed. They said this was done through structural changes to the goggles.

Important note: These are only statements that have been made by Topsky, they have not yet been verified. Version 2 of the goggles is not yet for sale. There is no scheduled release date yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new pair of FPV Goggles was just announced by Topsky. This is the same manufacturer who made the F640 FPV goggles.

The goggles are available for preorder at Banggood
and Hobby-wing

Their official website is here: Topsky Official Website
The product page is here: Topsky F7X

See either the official product page or either Banggood/Hobby-wing product page for specifications.

Banggood has posted the product manual. All the specifications, features and how to use them can be found in it.

Some confirmed facts about the goggles:

Fatshark Receivers: The goggles will use Fatshark style receivers. All of the aftermarket receivers should work with these goggles. However, they are mounted in reverse to fatsharks, so OLEDs will be upside down. See image 4 for a photo of the receiver bay.
NOTE: myrcmodel has tested one aftermarket receiver in the goggles, and deemed it to not fit (see photos here). However, they were able to get the pins to connect, and the receiver DOES work in the Topsky goggles! See post here.

As more tests are done, I will update the list here.

Fatshark Headtracker modules: Fatshark headtracker modules will work in the Topsky goggles.

Fatshark Diopters: The goggles will not accept Fatshark diopters. This is because the LCOS display in the Topsky goggles is larger than the LCD display in Fatsharks, and the Fatshark lenses are not large enough. Topsky will release their own set of diopter lenses shortly after the release of the goggles.
Last edited by BobFromMars; Nov 09, 2017 at 11:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2017, 11:22 AM
Doesnt state the FOV anywhere.
Aug 15, 2017, 11:26 AM
Thread OP
They had stated it in earlier promotion material, but I couldn't find it when I made the post. I'll look around a little more.

Edit: Found it in a Facebook post. 42 degree field of view.
Last edited by BobFromMars; Aug 15, 2017 at 11:31 AM.
Aug 15, 2017, 12:30 PM
Wandering IT geek
What's the IPD?
Aug 15, 2017, 03:29 PM
Thread OP
Again, not something I'm sure about. Details are scarce at the moment. I'll keep the thread updated as I learn more.

There is an IPD button on the bottom, so it will be adjustable. Just need to find out the range.
Aug 16, 2017, 01:28 AM
InterPupillary Distance https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpupillary_distance

If you ask this, then you don't know what's important for a goggle...
Take a break from shopping and read about.

PS: FOV was been stated in title
Aug 16, 2017, 01:52 AM
Reserved!
Aug 16, 2017, 09:00 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
InterPupillary Distance https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpupillary_distance

If you ask this, then you don't know what's important for a goggle...
Take a break from shopping and read about.

PS: FOV was been stated in title
IPD is very important in goggles, because if it is not wide/narrow enough, you will not be looking through the lenses correctly, and the image will appear blurry or will not align properly. IPD on the goggles refers to the distance between the centers of the lenses.

Also, I added the FOV after that comment was made I'm keeping up with the questions and trying to help provide the info people want.
Aug 17, 2017, 03:52 AM
Theese are now sold in banggood aswell: https://www.banggood.com/TOPSKY-F7X-...6988452014089B

anyone tested theese yet? they seem better then the aomway...
Aug 17, 2017, 09:23 AM
Someone asked about the IPD on BG. Seems they claim 60-72mm.
Aug 19, 2017, 11:08 AM
Thread OP
New photos/digital renders of the packaging and goggles. Looks like the goggles will also come with a really nice case.

Aug 21, 2017, 08:09 AM
Thumper King
Now these seem promising. Especially with the 42 fov and the replaceable receiver module
Aug 21, 2017, 06:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuz
Now these seem promising. Especially with the 42 fov and the replaceable receiver module
Banggood claims it is using Fatshark modules, which means there are many good receivers for these goggles. Hopefully TopSky can confirm this.
Aug 21, 2017, 09:54 PM
Does anyone know if the Fat Shark diopters will fit in these?
Last edited by ellessone; Aug 21, 2017 at 10:20 PM.
Aug 22, 2017, 03:36 AM
Nice goggles with good looking.

I have an eye massage instrument like this appearance.

Quick Reply