Aug 15, 2017, 06:06 AM
ancora imparo
Thread OP
Discussion

The official Lemon 4.1g VTX + Camera thread

Lemon (of DSM2/X compatible receiver fame) have just announced a new and different product.

It is a very small fully self contained FPV camera and 5.8GHz 25mW transmitter in a rugged case ready to go. Weight is 4.1g and it will run off a 1S cell.

It comes in two versions - with and without a microphone at US$28.50 and US$ 35.80 respectively.

http://www.lemon-rx.com/index.php?ro...tegory&path=80

FMak2 (Lemon's CEO) sent me his prototype camera to have a look at. I had no problem getting it to work straight away with both a Fatshark Transformer HD display and a cheapo Eachine VR007 Goggle. I thought the quality was exceptionally good for such a tiny camera - certainly much better than my Eachine TX02.

Cannot speak for range as this prototype has been significantly improved but I did find it was pretty impressive outdoors. It's not 4km range FPV stuff obviously but a lot of fun and easy to set up. It is important to run it from a separate battery if you put it on a 1S indoor UMX type plane as it gets upset when the voltage drops when you throttle up if you use the flight cell. I found a 100mAh cell perfectly adequate.

I am no FPV expert but I am starting this thread in the same spirit as the "official" Lemon receiver/stabilizer threads in order to keep all the discussion in one convenient thread. Lemon normally monitor these official threads so it is agood place to ask questions.

John
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2017, 07:30 AM
BMFA 190658
Nice!

Maybe just what I need for FPV slope fun
Aug 15, 2017, 08:08 AM
On the ol' Interweb
Thanks. How about some photos, specs, fearures, etc in the first post?
Aug 15, 2017, 08:43 AM
ancora imparo
Thread OP
Well I will when I actually get one!
So far I only have a prototype which has a different case.

The pictures on the web site are as good as you can find.

BTW: That is a JST-SH 0.1mm 3 pin connector which gives you some idea of how small it is. I have attached a picture of my 24" wingspan Sport CubS with the prototype attached which also shows the size.

John
Last edited by jj604; Aug 15, 2017 at 09:03 AM.
Aug 15, 2017, 08:47 AM
On the ol' Interweb
So are you saying above that the picture quality is better than the TX02?
Aug 15, 2017, 08:51 AM
ancora imparo
Thread OP
Absolutely. It looks about the same as my RunCam Swift 2 with Vantac VT241T 5.8G 200mW unit - but shorter range of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazRC
So are you saying above that the picture quality is better than the TX02?
Aug 15, 2017, 09:06 AM
Blue Sky Mining
So are we talking typical LOS range or park flier range or ... ?
Aug 15, 2017, 09:19 AM
Up! Up! And Away!
NIce!

Very light with case in places where it will perform well without 2nd battery.

Probably best to call the back panel display BPD or PD vs. OSD to avoid confusion.

Would be great to put up some video showing how it handles light transition into and out of dark shadows and heading into bright light/sun.
Last edited by GottaZoom; Aug 15, 2017 at 10:21 AM.
Aug 15, 2017, 09:41 AM
ancora imparo
Thread OP
Cannot comment till I see the final version.
Ditto for picture performance - although the prototype was very good IMO.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by batballs
So are we talking typical LOS range or park flier range or ... ?
Aug 15, 2017, 11:37 AM
John: You may want to clarify the voltage supported. In post 1 you say 1 cell lipo. But 4.8v to 7.2v is also supported.

From Specs:
- 2 sets of cable: single cell LiPo opertional. For 4.8V to 7.2V 2nd set of cable is provided for direct connection to standard receiver header pins.
Aug 15, 2017, 11:42 AM
On the ol' Interweb
I'd also like to know Current requirements at a certain voltage.
Aug 15, 2017, 11:45 AM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldj
John: You may want to clarify the voltage supported. In post 1 you say 1 cell lipo. But 4.8v to 7.2v is also supported.

From Specs:
- 2 sets of cable: single cell LiPo opertional. For 4.8V to 7.2V 2nd set of cable is provided for direct connection to standard receiver header pins.
Good point to clarify - I assumed it was designed for RX power but OK on 1S down to mid 3.xV due to John's comment about 1S throttle draw.
Aug 15, 2017, 11:55 AM
I have sent a question to Lemon re the lens installed. I assume it's a 2.8, but it's not in the specs that I've noticed.

Also, FMAK posted a picture of accessory lenses. I didn't see them on the site and wonder what the spec of those lenses are? A 1.8 might be interesting to try.

But I ordered my LMD0001. It's Lemon so it will be good.
Aug 15, 2017, 12:27 PM
On the ol' Interweb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldj
I have sent a question to Lemon re the lens installed. I assume it's a 2.8, but it's not in the specs that I've noticed.

Also, FMAK posted a picture of accessory lenses. I didn't see them on the site and wonder what the spec of those lenses are? A 1.8 might be interesting to try.

But I ordered my LMD0001. It's Lemon so it will be good.
I thought it said lenses were optional. What are you going to try it on? Fixed wing? I guess it would need some angle mount for a quad. Curious to know the range .

I'm excited to see what other video products are to come! Lemon FPV?
Aug 15, 2017, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazRC
I thought it said lenses were optional. What are you going to try it on? Fixed wing? I guess it would need some angle mount for a quad. Curious to know the range .

I'm excited to see what other video products are to come! Lemon FPV?
There are many places I could use it. A park flyer probably, but maybe my Gremlin quad. It should work on both. You are probably right that the lenses were optional, but I guess we will have to wait till those lenses make it to the site to see what they are. The installed one is probably OK, would just like to know what it is.

For the Gremlin, I'll have to wait to see how it fits and how it could mount. I may modify the current 3d print camera holder to work with the Lemon case. The antenna is a great improvement over the cloverleaf I have now.

Quick Reply