QAV-CODERED Mini FPV Quadcopter (3") by Lumenier - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 04, 2017, 02:44 PM
Thanks again theGreenO!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2017, 11:38 PM
I built my CODERED quad today and took it for a little test hop in my backyard. I'll post a pic when I get a chance, it looks cool with the big Foxeer Arrow V3 camera.
Oct 26, 2017, 12:13 PM
Lumenier Micro Lux V2 F4 ESC, BL Heli 25A 4 in 1 ESC, TX5G2R Mini VTX, AXII antenna
Foxeer Arrow V3 camera
Brother hobby Tornado T1 1407 3600kV motors
Frsky XSR Rx
12v Polulu
Lantian mini buzzer

Here is a link to the hack I used to get telemetry from the Micro Lux to the XSR.
https://blck.mn/2016/06/smartport-th...nd-betaflight/
Instead of using the XSR smartport wire you run another wire from the XSR to the Tx3 pad on the Micro Lux. In Betaflight the SBUS goes to serial port UART1 and telemetry to UART3. (I think that is right from memory).
With the Polulu I send the battery voltage to it and it powers the camera. Then the camera blue wire gets a voltage feed from the flight pack which I can see in my OSD. I am not using the Betaflight OSD feature. There is a timer there too which starts when I plug the battery in. I note the time when I take off but my FrSky X9D Tx gives me time warnings from takeoff.
Last edited by Husafreak; Oct 26, 2017 at 12:26 PM.
Oct 26, 2017, 12:27 PM
Oh yeah, there was plenty of room.
Oct 26, 2017, 02:52 PM
Looks nice man
Oct 26, 2017, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husafreak
I built my CODERED quad today and took it for a little test hop in my backyard. I'll post a pic when I get a chance, it looks cool with the big Foxeer Arrow V3 camera.
Nice build, looks like a good one!
Oct 31, 2017, 07:49 PM
Well I am having issues with my CODERED. Unfortunately it is not flying smoothly it keeps rolling uncontrollably to the left in jerks. I used the products listed here and I know Cody' sflies fine so it is either software or faulty hardware, duh. I will flash the LUXF4OSD target and see what happens. So far I just tried flying it with whatever comes pre installed on this FC.
Nov 12, 2017, 02:52 PM
I am looking for advice for fixing this persistant problem.
Still having the trouble with the quad rolling violently to the left, it jerks left and levels out, then jerks left again and again. You can hear the motors race, it's like a faulty electrical connection or something.
I reflashed to the recommended LUXF4OSD in BF 3.2. Problem persisted. Obviously this is not the software that came pre installed so that was a change.
I turned off the accelerometer. NO luck. I fly my Tokio X with it off.
I was running DSHOT600. I tried DSHOT300. No change.
DSHOT1200 would not arm or run.
I tried ONESHOT125, wouldn't arm or run. I tried MULTISHOT, motors wouldn't arm, but motors spun wildly when I pushed up the throttle stick.
I tried changing the gyro update freq from 8 to 4kHz and the PID loop freq from 2 to 1 kHz. This had no affect it still jerked, rolling to the left.
I guess it is time to start replacing components... But where to start?
Dec 19, 2017, 10:20 PM
It turns out I was just very unlucky and received two bad flight controllers. The first was glitching as described above and the second was DOA but GetFPV tech support tried their best to help me and replaced both those boards when we ran out of ideas. The third board is working like a charm and I had a blast ripping around with my CODERED quad today at the field
Dec 28, 2017, 08:05 AM
I've built this one with Ori32 4in1 esc, Omnibus F4 nano and F20 II motors.
It flies with the precision of a bigger and the agility of a mini.
Below one of my 1st flight recorded with a DVR:
QAV-Codered - Mini FPV racing flight (3 min 41 sec)
Jan 07, 2018, 02:52 AM
Nice flying site, thanks for posting. They do fly nice, very agile.
Jan 11, 2018, 07:54 AM
It flies also very good with a gopro session. Amazing smoothness for a 3"!
3 inch quad so smooth with Gopro (2 min 23 sec)
Jan 12, 2018, 10:00 AM
God is my pilot
Jeff, nice flying in the park. What batteries and props are you using?
Jan 12, 2018, 12:01 PM
Thanks! For batteries i use 4S 850mAh or 650mAh.
Props are Gemfan 3052.
Jan 15, 2018, 11:29 PM
That is amazing that the CODERED can carry that big GoPro camera and fly so well. I use 4s 860 packs in mine. Flew it today when the planks were grounded due to heavy fog but of course I got enough water drops on my onboard camera to make me land early most times.

Quick Reply