Jan 16, 2018, 06:05 PM
An aspirational fast jet pilot
Your Me109 looks great.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2018, 02:08 PM
Thread OP
Beautiful model, I like your choice of colorscheme. I also like the radiators under the wing. Were these printed or made out of wood ?

Did you make the decals yourself or did you find some one the market that fitted ?

Any more info of which engine and propsize you use.
Mar 17, 2018, 11:17 PM
Hi all!

I have started to print the Me109HF and have a question. My printer is a Creality CR-10s and if I bring the STL files into Cura for slicing, the internal structure of the pieces is only shown as a shadow and does not print. I have been able to print using the g.codes but would really like to work with the STL files. Have I missed something? Does anyone have any work around ideas?

Also, I will be altering my model to represent a Me109G with gun blisters, under wing gun pods and a fixed drop tank.

Many thanks,

John
Mar 18, 2018, 12:50 AM
Have you imported the 3D Lab Print Cura settings into Cura?
Mar 20, 2018, 12:17 AM
I imported three Cura profiles from the disk. Makes no difference. Still can't print the internal structures from Cura using the STL files. Only if I print using the g.codes directly.
Mar 20, 2018, 12:58 PM
Try unchecking the Union overlapping volumes. First one in mesh fixes. That worked for me.
Mar 20, 2018, 08:27 PM
Tried that. No change unfortunately.
Mar 21, 2018, 08:15 AM
Get a copy of Cura 2.3 that is what used until I purchased Simplfy 3D.
Mar 21, 2018, 10:35 AM
Thread OP
Remember also to modify the canopy - clear front low - which is typical untill F(riedrich), but not on the G(ustav) and K(urfürst).

Would love components so you could upgrade this design to a G-model. Wish you success on the modifications.

I tried modifying the lower intake on the fuselage, but my modifications wasn't integrated succesfully with the 3dlabprint design. I ended up just cutting parts away with Meshmixer and glue some ABS-plates on and spackle. Amateurish i know...
Mar 22, 2018, 01:26 PM

Canopy option

I don't have a vacuum former so instead I will be using this template to cut out. I resized the drawing to the required size, printed one out, and taped it in position to see if it fit. I will now cut one out of thin clear plastic and add the framework after. Should look OK.
Mar 22, 2018, 01:28 PM

Bartels Me109G 6

This is likely the colour scheme I will be aiming for.
Mar 22, 2018, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourgod
I don't have a vacuum former so instead I will be using this template to cut out. I resized the drawing to the required size, printed one out, and taped it in position to see if it fit. I will now cut one out of thin clear plastic and add the framework after. Should look OK.
Armourgod, I've made several canopies this way. Although, I do have a vacuum former, I use this method when most of the glass is flat plate on the cockpit. I've included some pics for your ref.

Great job on the bird.

Den
Mar 24, 2018, 01:47 PM
Ever since i sold my hoped up version of BF109 F4/EFXtra powered to cpt. Robert and Blaž i wanted to do another one (i had another spare EFXtra motor laying in the partsbox). This time it`s a H version with regular not enlarged tail as i had on my F4 .

Maiden soon, i hope it will fly as good as the F version did.
Mar 24, 2018, 04:39 PM
Really looking good bird.

Den
Mar 25, 2018, 03:43 PM
Thanks Den.

It flew today, i must say it`s a perfect flier.

3DLabPrint Messerschmitt BF109 H Maiden Flight (EFXtra powered) (2 min 34 sec)

Quick Reply