Eachine VR006 Goggles - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 12, 2017, 02:25 AM
Mini-Review

Eachine VR006 Goggles

Banggood.com sent me the Eachine VR006 goggles to test .

Product page @ BG

For the price , I think these are simply great value , and best of all , they work and the feature I liked most was the scan feature ( scans for the channel your camera is broadcasting on ) . Just makes life so much easier !

In the box are the VR goggles , 2 antenna , head band , instructions , USB cable , a Video out cable , some wet and dry wipes as well some foam for your nose . The first thing I did was to charge the goggles internal battery , probably took all of about 15 to 20 minutes . A quick read of the instructions :

1) Hold down the scan button until the goggles turn on - Takes about 5 seconds .
2) Press the scan button once to begin to scan for your cameras operating frequency , the googles will lock on once found .
3) Press the menu button if you need to change brightness etc
4) + and - , kind of self explanatory .
5) Run time , I estimate that the goggles might be good for about 30 minutes , maybe more ! I havent tried to deplete the internal battery but I did get about 30 minutes and the battery was down to 3.5 volts . Now you can run external power VIA the USB charge port ( Power Bank ) to extend run time .

I have added a comparison between the Eachine VR006 and my old ? screen that mounts on the Tx and I think you can see just how much better the goggles are ( They are much better ) . For function , I have to give these goggles 10 out of 10 , they really work well and really pull in the signal , even through buildings . But there is a fly in the ointment ! and that is the user . I am 54 years old and I simply can not focus that close to my eyes . If I pull the goggles away from my face the image is simply amazing . But on my face , its some what blurry and that is simply the fault of my eyes . So before you pony up for a pair of VR goggles you better be sure your eyes can focus close to your face . So put up a finger in front of your face and see what distance you can focus on it , because I think I am destined to use a screen mounted on my Tx .

Or , Eachine could perhaps offer screens ( see pictures ) with different magnification values to perhaps help correct vision issues . ( Near focus ) . Because it would be very simple to change the magnifying screen . There are only 4 screws holding the goggles together and the goggles come apart , and go back together again very easily .

Thats the bottom line , I have nothing to complain about except my aging eye's . And no , I don't think glasses will work with the goggles .

Now for the included video :

I took a action cam , focused the lens to very close focus and shoved the cam into the goggles held in place with a rubber band . Then covered them with a dark jumper . The the video footage is from the inside of the goggles and not the video stream from the camera . ( From a Eachine X73 camera ) Camera was fitted to my WL Toys 12428 buggy and I went for a drive . Yes I have driven the buggy with the goggles and its very much like a computer game , but with a remote in your hand . There wasn't any lag that I could detect ( signal to video ) but in all fairness my aging eyes did not help .

I really like these goggles , they are amazing value . I honestly wish I could enjoy them more ( but for my eyes ) . What I will do is try and maybe get some foam and push the goggles further away from my eyes because once they are about a hand span away , the image is very sharp and clear ( my eyes ) .

Eachine VR006 Goggles from Banggood.com (4 min 26 sec)
Last edited by old4570; Aug 12, 2017 at 02:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts