Jul 16, 2020, 12:22 PM
scratchbuilder
Thank you for that! Just a joy to watch.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2020, 08:23 AM
Thread OP
Thanks guys!

I brought size to a model that just makes people smile!

I really get energized by folks enjoying my flights - especially live at the lake, but also online.

What I find funny is that when I post pictures/videos outside of the scratchbuilt foamies page (but still on RCGroups.com), I get views but no comments while guys that repainted an ARF planes get multiple comments/compliments (which they should)

But I have other hobbies that include vehicles that are "red-headed step children" of their respective genre so I am used to the lack of love lol

Update on my self inflicted electro-mechanical problems:

I purchased and just received a new motor - same model I have been using

Waiting on a new 24 x 15 prop to use with 3S (doubtful the 4S will ever be in this plane again, I'll have to find another plane/motor to build for it)

Not quite as pretty as the scimitar prop (24 x 10) that I have now, but still a beauty that should considerably improve thrust without overheating

I should be back in the air this week!
Jul 21, 2020, 12:12 PM
I'm still mesmerized by your "giants" ability to lumber through the air. I'm sure your neighbors thoroughly enjoy seeing it fly by their cottages! So glad to hear that your hobbies are for you, and not to just to impress others. I really dig the Glastron, by the way! I hope you don't consider it one of your "red headed step children" . Classic!

Good luck with the new motor and prop.
Jul 21, 2020, 02:14 PM
Thread OP
The Glastron is definitely not a step child! lol

I've owned that one for 31 years, and I have an 18' Glastron-Carlson that is nearing the end of a 5 year structural and mechanical rebuild!

The underappreciated vehicles are the 1999 Buell S3 I owned for 17 years (sold last year), and the 1974 Porsche 914 I'm thinking about selling after a 9-10 year ownership....

Wait until I put the plane on a diet this winter.

Loosing 2-3 lbs. (15 - 22% reduction in AUW) should allow for some real slow flight!
Sep 12, 2020, 04:39 AM
Hi Scott,

Many thanks for posting all you hard work on your thread, it has kept my faith in large foam aircraft. I will definitely add this to my build list, how nice to see all the support and encouragement that is available from like minded friends and colleagues.
I am looking forwards to any and all future posts on the 'Jupiter' inspired series of aircraft.

best Regards Al (FKA Rotorheid)
Sep 14, 2020, 03:10 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorheid2
Hi Scott,

Many thanks for posting all you hard work on your thread, it has kept my faith in large foam aircraft. I will definitely add this to my build list, how nice to see all the support and encouragement that is available from like minded friends and colleagues.
I am looking forwards to any and all future posts on the 'Jupiter' inspired series of aircraft.

best Regards Al (FKA Rotorheid)
Thank you for the support Al,

I should have a new video promoting a local charity soon!

Quick Reply