Connex ProSight HX 720P HD FPV Camera - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Connex ProSight HX 720P HD FPV Camera

Connex already owns the HD FPV market with the ProSight, but they are not resting on their success. They just announced a new camera that will make HD FPV even better.

Splash

The Best Way to FPV

Connex already owns the HD FPV market with the ProSight, but they are not resting on their success. They just announced a new camera that will make HD FPV even better. The new ProSight HX Camera offers native 720P HD video resolution with Zero latency at a buttery smooth 60 frames per second. It has a High-Dynamic-Range sensor that shows the shadows and highlights in indoor and outdoor environments and the lens provides a nice wide 120 degree field of view. You can tweak the white balance settings if you'd like and aside from the HD high frame rate video feed, the next best thing is that it works with existing ProSight equipment with a firmware update. The new ProSight HX camera costs $99 and I've already placed my pre-order. I cannot wait to give this new camera a go!

Connex also released an update to their app with a cool spectrum analyzer so you can see what frequencies are being used nearby and set your channel for the best reception possible.

Learn more about the Connex ProSight HX Camera here

Aug 11, 2017, 07:00 PM
fly by night
thats pretty neat. I just fly moderate latency 720p with planes for now using Prosight. but the miniquads benefit from lower latency rate for sure

funny the linked site suggests the spectrum analyzer is a free firmware upgrade to our existing Prosight (and phone app). but no link to the download for the upgrade. I know usually found here: https://connexuav.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Also, still haven't heard from other Prosight users how well the Prosight plays with a crowd of folks flyng 5.8 analog (or prosight also)?
Aug 11, 2017, 08:33 PM
RCG Admin
I already had the app and an app update brought the analyzer. I did have to update the RX and tx for that to work. The image in the article is a screen shot I took on my phone. I know ProSight users have been running in the racers with other drone pilots and so far so good.
Aug 12, 2017, 09:15 AM
Come on Connex, the same plastic glued on lens mount? Put the thing in a real camera case like the tried and true HS1177. I used the Connex Prosight for a while but the cameras were to fragile (at $100 they should have been made more rugged even with the small weight penalty) and every time you hit a gate or had any kind of bump the thing would reboot and you would lose video for a second or two. The video quality and low latency (using Glyphs the latency was as good as analog) were great but if you are flying hard and crashing on occasion then it is not there yet.
Aug 12, 2017, 09:17 AM
RCG Admin
Good call. I'm using mine on flying wings so I don't have the crashing into gates issue. Faster and more fun than quads for me anyway.
Aug 12, 2017, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Faster and more fun than quads for me anyway.
Stop showing off, man!

J/k I'm a quad guy, but the wings are a calling...I think I'll try that RMRC $90 wing they just released to get my feet wet.

Someone asked about the Connex in an environment with many fliers. I don't own one, but the second race I attended, one of the pilots who let me hang out with them was using this setup on a tripod. He kept having issues with his feed. Some type of interference. I did not quite understand exactly what was happening, but he was pissed! His comment was that it works great in his usual spots, but he had issues at that event. Hopefully others can maybe explain why...etc..

Don't get me wrong, he still spoke highly of the system and said he loved it. Seems not quite there yet for racers and people like me who are fond of crashing.
Aug 12, 2017, 10:12 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Collar
Come on Connex, the same plastic glued on lens mount? Put the thing in a real camera case like the tried and true HS1177. I used the Connex Prosight for a while but the cameras were to fragile (at $100 they should have been made more rugged even with the small weight penalty) and every time you hit a gate or had any kind of bump the thing would reboot and you would lose video for a second or two. The video quality and low latency (using Glyphs the latency was as good as analog) were great but if you are flying hard and crashing on occasion then it is not there yet.

Connex won't care...I've emailed them several times
now and no reply in 4weeks?!?!

P.S.
They absolutely don't want nothing to do with Fixed-Wing applications (schmucks)
Aug 12, 2017, 11:37 AM
RCG Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brquad
Stop showing off, man!

J/k I'm a quad guy, but the wings are a calling...I think I'll try that RMRC $90 wing they just released to get my feet wet.

Someone asked about the Connex in an environment with many fliers. I don't own one, but the second race I attended, one of the pilots who let me hang out with them was using this setup on a tripod. He kept having issues with his feed. Some type of interference. I did not quite understand exactly what was happening, but he was pissed! His comment was that it works great in his usual spots, but he had issues at that event. Hopefully others can maybe explain why...etc..

Don't get me wrong, he still spoke highly of the system and said he loved it. Seems not quite there yet for racers and people like me who are fond of crashing.
You'll love it! Maybe the spectrum analyzer will help out at events to see what channel is open and use that. Will be interesting to see how that works out.
Aug 13, 2017, 01:18 PM
fly by night
I am using the spekanalyser on my TrueD module every time I fly.

But this Connex one looks even nicer, hi resolution!

I remember when the only way to analyze the spektrum was to surf the channels or spend $300 on that dedicated RFExplorer handheld unit.
Aug 13, 2017, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
Connex won't care...I've emailed them several times
now and no reply in 4weeks?!?!

P.S.
They absolutely don't want nothing to do with Fixed-Wing applications (schmucks)
Didnt you get a good distance on pro sight?
Aug 13, 2017, 04:39 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by fATAL
Didnt you get a good distance on pro sight?
Very good distance with Hugo's (TrueRC) PentaPRO videoRX antenna.
I've emailed them about a longer wire for Cam----->VidTx, all they did was ignore me
or told me it is NOT planned in the future? Such a simple request for us Fixed-wing hobbiest
Aug 13, 2017, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
You'll love it! Maybe the spectrum analyzer will help out at events to see what channel is open and use that. Will be interesting to see how that works out.
Jason, I think I'm going to focus on crashing less first, lol. I know it's only a matter of time before we all make the conversion, but I'm definitely waiting until last minute. Already heavily invested in analog at the minute
Aug 14, 2017, 08:37 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker

Also, still haven't heard from other Prosight users how well the Prosight plays with a crowd of folks flyng 5.8 analog (or prosight also)?
I can answer that! At a large fly-in, there was a MultiGP race happening at the other end of the field. On the far end of the field (roughly 2400 feet away) I flew my StratoSurfer with the Connex ProSight HD. I was using the VAS Circular Polarized Array on the ground and a pair of Pagodas on the plane. I had great reception, although I did notice some reduction in distance as the ProSight hopped between usable freqs. Two of the racers on the other end did let me know they saw intermittent bleed-though of my signal on their feeds at least once. I didn't fly it again when they were racing for obvious reasons, but it was a good barometer for how the ProSight rejects other frequencies but still swamps the analog guys. I had my unit set to auto for frequency hopping.
Aug 17, 2017, 01:47 AM
What is the interface of this camera? Can you input the HDMI directly
Aug 17, 2017, 08:35 AM
RCG Admin
It has a connector that goes to the video transmitter. You cannot connect it directly with HDMI.