Aug 25, 2017, 05:30 AM
A man with too many toys

Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrails
Hi Walt, you're flying through this build! It's looking good.

Here is the current state of my hog bipe build. Like you, I wanted the more rounded Waco type tail feathers. I used pictures of someone's 1/6 Pica Waco YMF build here on RCG blown up to the right size as templates.
That's the perfect look for a Hog Bipe. I will make my tail that shape.

to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2017, 01:56 PM
I just want to go fly!
Thread OP
Yes I think I'm going to make my tail similar to that as well. Just upgraded my building board a bit. New hollow core door and another layer of foam. Just looked it up and cited down the edge much much closer to dead flat now.
Aug 25, 2017, 05:12 PM
Lipoly Killer

Walter-

I just put three flights on my Astro Hog. It has a Rimfire 80 and a 6s battery. Prop is an APC 15/8. Weight of the Hog is 8.25 lbs. porky but so am I. Anyway, the Rimfire pulls the Hog straight up. At 194 watts/lb, it is not lacking in power. Your Hog should be spectacular with the 80.
Aug 25, 2017, 05:28 PM
All Things RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrails
Hi Walt, you're flying through this build! It's looking good.

Here is the current state of my hog bipe build. Like you, I wanted the more rounded Waco type tail feathers. I used pictures of someone's 1/6 Pica Waco YMF build here on RCG blown up to the right size as templates.
This is gorgeous!
Aug 26, 2017, 07:47 AM
I just want to go fly!
Thread OP
Thanks for the info frank.crisis averted! I had a bit of a dip in my top wing. After my new building board and sheeting the bottom front laying flat and weighted on my better board the dip is gone! So happy! Now I can relax and know my next wing will be money. Happy days.
Last edited by walter3rd; Aug 26, 2017 at 08:19 AM.
Aug 28, 2017, 08:41 PM
I just want to go fly!
Thread OP
Test fitting the cowl. Going to look great painted to match her color whatever that is. not the correct prop but just need a stand in. 15x 8 on the way. Vented spinner looks sweet. the top and bottom of cowl are exactly the same size as the fuse front. happy accident. the sides flare out wider but look like exit vents anyway. similar to my bridi killer bee cowl fuse union. very happy with the fit so far. where the cowl stops at the top of fuse is where ill start my hatch opening. batts should angle in nicely. waiting on trailing edge and wingtips to dry then im almost ready for bottom wing construction. taking my time with this build. more fun that way. Walt.
Last edited by walter3rd; Aug 30, 2017 at 08:24 PM.
Aug 31, 2017, 09:52 PM
All Things RC
Woot! Good progress!
Sep 01, 2017, 07:47 AM
Looking good! I like the cowl choice a lot, interested to see it all together
Sep 01, 2017, 11:52 AM
I just want to go fly!
Thread OP
Thanks a lot. I think the Cowl will give it a very sleek sporty look. At least that's what I'm hoping. Also going to do a full cockpit canopy as well. That should give it a streamlined look. Don't think I'm going to do open cockpit.
Sep 01, 2017, 05:07 PM
I just want to go fly!
Thread OP
Just received my canopy. Doing some Preliminary fittings. Much more aggressive than open cockpit. Me likely!
Sep 01, 2017, 05:24 PM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
You're going to have to call it a Sig "Hog Bipe-roid" or something...

Mike
Sep 01, 2017, 08:30 PM
I just want to go fly!
Thread OP
I love kit bashing. Starting to glue the wingtip sheeting in place. im going for more of a aeromaster full canopy look.
Last edited by walter3rd; Sep 02, 2017 at 09:48 AM.
Sep 02, 2017, 03:52 PM
I just want to go fly!
Thread OP
I'm putting 4 servos in the wing for Ailerons And obviously I need two more. What are a good servo for this particular build suggestions? Not too expensive but will do the job. Thanks. Walt
Sep 02, 2017, 04:22 PM
You are moving right along ! Your build makes me want to start on the Super Aeromaster kit that I have, but I think I will wait until I have a couple of builds completed... Looking good ! Mike
Sep 02, 2017, 04:58 PM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd
I'm putting 4 servos in the wing for Ailerons And obviously I need two more. What are a good servo for this particular build suggestions? Not too expensive but will do the job. Thanks. Walt
You don't full size servos for each aileron. Realistically, anything in the 40oz torque range will be more than enough. I would look for 17g-25g weight size "mini" servos.

Something like this - https://hobbyking.com/en_us/pdi-hv21...___store=en_us

or these - https://hobbyking.com/en_us/corona-d...___store=en_us

Mike

Quick Reply