Indoor Night at NEAT Downsville School Sept 15,16th - RC Groups
Aug 10, 2017, 01:08 PM
Discussion

Indoor Night at NEAT Downsville School Sept 15,16th

Cindy and I will be holding the Indoor Night at NEAT again this year at the Downsville high school gym on Friday September 15th from 6pm-10pm and Saturday September 16th from 5pm-10pm. http://www.neatfair.org/ The event will feature some of the "Best in Micro" with state of the art micro models.

The event is open to individuals with models built from kits, or models built from their own designs, and RTF models that have been repainted, or modified in a creative way!

The format will be the same as previous years. We will have time slots for ultra slow models, and open flying for all types.

We will also feature the popular 1/2 time show on Saturday that allows everyone around 5 minutes to showcase their latest creation for the crowd!

Models will not weigh more than two ounces, and will have a flight envelope that will allow them to fly safely in the high school gym.

AMA or Park Flyer insurance will be required!

Fee will be $20.00 payable at the registration table. All proceeds will go to the Downsville high school for their education programs.

Directions to the Indoor Night at NEAT

From NEAT go North to Downsville on Rt 30. As you near the intersection with Rt 206 the high school will be on your right. Park in the last school parking lot on your right and make your way to the downstairs Gym, where the micro RC flying will be taking place.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the event!

Thanks, Joe.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2017, 02:03 PM
Posted in 'unofficial schedule' thread.

Joe, please check the schedule and let me know if I've made any errors.

Thank you,

CD
Aug 14, 2017, 09:00 PM
Hi CD,

It looks good, thanks for posting our schedule!
Aug 17, 2017, 07:43 AM
Time to build!
Aug 17, 2017, 08:06 AM
You're welcome, Joe

CD
Aug 22, 2017, 08:39 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Hi Joe... We are doing the chats again at the BCSF Tent... Keeping up with the spirit of the chats and tradition of Joe Beshar....

Could you do a micro chat reviewing the latest that has been going on at the High School Event... I know youll be busy running that but it would be very well received by AMA and NEAT attendees
Aug 27, 2017, 11:07 PM
Team Futaba
Joe, thinking about bringing the my latest F3P airplane from the 2017 World Championships as long as I can fit it in the car or trailer with everything else!

54g RTF
Aug 28, 2017, 06:22 AM
Please do Devin. It will make my 104g Clik look like a tank!
Aug 29, 2017, 12:06 AM
Hi dr.E,

I will let you know when we can do a micro chat. I am flying in the air race that runs from around 1pm-3pm on Friday. I might have to do it Saturday before the event, or earlier on Friday. We start flying at the gym at 6PM on Friday, and 5PM on Saturday.

Hi Devin,

We would love it if you would fly with us! We will be doing our 1/2 time show on Saturday around 7PM. However, you can fly with us anytime you want.

Joe.
Aug 29, 2017, 09:01 AM
Thanks Joe... I was also thinking that the AMA certificate we get for the school might be better handled by offering the school an AMA MASC (model airplane student club).....The charter is free and the science teacher running it gets free amam membership as well as all the kids involved... It can help seed an AMA STEM MASC program for the kids.....

I'm doing a chat at the tent regarding the STE MASC and Flightest STEM programs and how we can get AMA back into schools and STEM...
Sep 03, 2017, 10:08 PM
Hi dr.E,

Sorry for the late reply, I am in Dallas TX training to fly a new plane for American!

I will talk to the school at our event, and see if they are interested in the program.

Joe.
Sep 10, 2017, 12:38 PM
George Harris sponsored the Indoor Night at NEAT awards this year. He did a fantastic job on making the beautiful awards, and I personally want to thank him for his time.

The awards for this years event will include:

Best Micro Scale, Best Micro Aircraft, Best Cartoon Scale and new for this year, Best Free Flight!

Cindy and I are looking forward to seeing everyone at the event.

Joe.
Sep 19, 2017, 12:45 PM
AMA 415
From all of us here at Sawn Craft I'd like to thank Joe and Cindy for once again putting on a great indoor event during NEAT! The venue is beautiful and definitely needs to be on everyone's list to visit if they are at NEAT!

Being able to showcase some of our newest products was a great opportunity, but what was even better than that was getting to see what some of the best builders in micro R/C are up to lately! From the beautiful scale aircraft to the unbelievable free-flight planes we were in awe of the craftsmanship and skill that everyone that attended showcased!

I'll be going through my photos this week and should have a few from the event. If anyone has any photos or videos please post them here for everyone to see! I know I'll be talking about "saving" the two free-flight planes with my Rebuttal 32 3D plane for quite some time!
Sep 19, 2017, 06:26 PM
this space for rent
Thank you for the retrieves! I have learnt my lesson and will start a bit slower when winding.

Ross
Sep 20, 2017, 07:53 AM
This has always been a great event with a long history of its inception being part of the BCSF Micro chats.... It is definitely a flagship event and probably the only one of its kind... Alas, Sadly, I have asked for a micro round up chat at the BCSF Tent for the past countless years and there has been none given... I will ask no more for your assistance and wish you continued success in a this much need sector in our hobby...

BCSF Club president