MJX B2W Bugs 2W WiFi FPV Brushless With 1080P HD Camera GPS RC Quadcopter RTF - Page 4 - RC Groups
Sep 08, 2017, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
I use this one: https://www.banggood.com/Charsoon-7_...830.html?rmmds . But of course I had to change the connector. I think it gives a couple extra minutes of flight time. I also have a nano tech 2200mah battery that fits well.
I just ordered some XT60-XT30 adapters that will allow me to charge the MJX B2 batteries on my own charger; guess I could use one on the quad too
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2017, 12:00 PM
GOT WINGS
I made an adapter when I first got the Bugs 3, but I don't like adding weight to my quads, so I got some XT30 plugs with wires and changed out the XT60 plugs. I really don't like soldering battery plugs, but I did it anyway.
Sep 13, 2017, 05:09 PM
GOT WINGS
Over a week ago, I made some landing legs so that I could mount an 5.8ghz FPV camera and VTX underneath the B2W. I had been busy during the past week but finally found some time to mount the FPV rig during the last few evenings. I decided to leave the stock camera on the quad for now because I can trigger photos and video using the stock transmitter. The FPV camera will be so I can see where the camera is pointing, since I could not connect the wifi camera with my phone. The camera is an AKK KC03 - 120 degrees - 800TVL. The VTX came with that camera and is 40 channel 600mW. This is what it looks like:
Name: zb2wcammntd1.jpg
Views: 13
Size: 79.4 KB
Description: Name: zb2wcammntd2.jpg
Views: 15
Size: 100.3 KB
Description: Name: zb2wcammntd3.jpg
Views: 17
Size: 64.3 KB
Description:

First I decided to attach the camera mount directly beneath the stock camera. I took the lens mount screws out and drilled through the bottom of the screw holes, then I used double sided foam mounting tape with screws to make it more secure.
Name: zb2wcambrckt.jpg
Views: 14
Size: 77.5 KB
Description: Name: zb2wcambrkt2.jpg
Views: 13
Size: 62.5 KB
Description:

Then I soldered a JST connector directly to the stock batter terminals for power to the VTX. I was able to use an existing hole to run the wires from outside to the battery terminals.
Name: zb2wJSTwires.jpg
Views: 16
Size: 116.2 KB
Description:

Then I mounted the VTX to the bottom rear of the quad using double sided sticky mounting foam and used some twist ties to make it more secure.
Name: zb2wvtxmnt.jpg
Views: 12
Size: 89.5 KB
Description:

I may get to try it out later today, but right now it is aver 95 degrees F outside.
Sep 13, 2017, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Over a week ago, I made some landing legs so that I could mount an 5.8ghz FPV camera and VTX underneath the B2W. I had been busy during the past week but finally found some time to mount the FPV rig during the last few evenings. I decided to leave the stock camera on the quad for now because I can trigger photos and video using the stock transmitter. The FPV camera will be so I can see where the camera is pointing, since I could not connect the wifi camera with my phone. The camera is an AKK KC03 - 120 degrees - 800TVL. The VTX came with that camera and is 40 channel 600mW. This is what it looks like:
Attachment 10351736 Attachment 10351737 Attachment 10351739

First I decided to attach the camera mount directly beneath the stock camera. I took the lens mount screws out and drilled through the bottom of the screw holes, then I used double sided foam mounting tape with screws to make it more secure.
Attachment 10351742 Attachment 10351744

Then I soldered a JST connector directly to the stock batter terminals for power to the VTX. I was able to use an existing hole to run the wires from outside to the battery terminals.
Attachment 10351745

Then I mounted the VTX to the bottom rear of the quad using double sided sticky mounting foam and used some twist ties to make it more secure.
Attachment 10351746

I may get to try it out later today, but right now it is aver 95 degrees F outside.
Anxious to see how your setup works out, I'm not familiar with the AKK cam but look forward to your assessment. Btw, I suggest 3m HD Velcro to attach the vtx to clean it up a bit....but that's just my nitpick
Sep 13, 2017, 08:20 PM
GOT WINGS
You are probably right, velcro might be better, and I have some, just didn't think of it.

I did try it out tonight after sundown when it was cooling down a bit. First turned it on and found the channel on a monitor and my VR D2 goggles. Also found the lens was way out of focus so had to take a little time to fix that.
Took it outside and tried it with the Bugs 6 monitor because that was an easy fit to the B2W transmitter. Results with that monitor were not good, to many lines in the view, though it did go out a good distance without losing signal.
So I turned on the goggles and tried them. Very good signal and view out to 325 meters with hardly any static or breakup. I stopped there because I figured the battery on the quad was getting low and brought it back. Just as I got within 20 meters, low voltage warning started.
I need to turn the camera in the holder just a bit, the view was not level with the horizon.
But it looks like it is going to work well, just have to try a longer range test.
Sep 13, 2017, 09:36 PM
Quote:
You are probably right, velcro might be better, and I have some, just didn't think of it.

I did try it out tonight after sundown when it was cooling down a bit. First turned it on and found the channel on a monitor and my VR D2 goggles. Also found the lens was way out of focus so had to take a little time to fix that.
Took it outside and tried it with the Bugs 6 monitor because that was an easy fit to the B2W transmitter. Results with that monitor were not good, to many lines in the view, though it did go out a good distance without losing signal.
So I turned on the goggles and tried them. Very good signal and view out to 325 meters with hardly any static or breakup. I stopped there because I figured the battery on the quad was getting low and brought it back. Just as I got within 20 meters, low voltage warning started.
I need to turn the camera in the holder just a bit, the view was not level with the horizon.
But it looks like it is going to work well, just have to try a longer range test.
I'd like to see some video from VR D2 dvr or Bugs 6 monitor (assuming the monitor records to sd) once you get it figured, thanks.
Sep 16, 2017, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Attachment 10351736 Attachment 10351737 Attachment 10351739

Attachment 10351742 Attachment 10351744

Attachment 10351745

Attachment 10351746

600 gigawatts that's alot of power you will get lesss flight time as you know,why not try the AIO 200mw micro cam on top?
Sep 16, 2017, 01:59 PM
GOT WINGS
It is 600 milliwatts. I have about half a dozen different cameras including AIOs. I am just using one that I have and like. I have flown this quad out to 800 meters and taken photos and video at that range without the benefit of being able to see what I was taking photos/videos of, and wanted a 5.8ghz camera/vtx that would get the longest range possible, hence the 600mw vtx. I also don't want to risk interference with the GPS with a camera/vtx on top. Besides all that, I really prefer separate cameras and vtx.

The wind died down enough to go out and try another test, this time using the monitor that came with the Cheerson CX-23. I took the quad out to about 400 meters. At that range there were some lines and breakup in the monitor screen, but it was still good enough to see where I was going. Still, I think VR D2 goggles will do better.
If the wind stays down and it doesn't start raining(it has sprinkled a bit), I think I will go out and take some video in a bit.
Sep 16, 2017, 02:16 PM
Quote:
It is 600 milliwatts. I have about half a dozen different cameras including AIOs. I am just using one that I have and like. I have flown this quad out to 800 meters and taken photos and video at that range without the benefit of being able to see what I was taking photos/videos of, and wanted a 5.8ghz camera/vtx that would get the longest range possible, hence the 600mw vtx. I also don't want to risk interference with the GPS with a camera/vtx on top. Besides all that, I really prefer separate cameras and vtx.

The wind died down enough to go out and try another test, this time using the monitor that came with the Cheerson CX-23. I took the quad out to about 400 meters. At that range there were some lines and breakup in the monitor screen, but it was still good enough to see where I was going. Still, I think VR D2 goggles will do better.
If the wind stays down and it doesn't start raining(it has sprinkled a bit), I think I will go out and take some video in a bit.
I know it's mw
Sep 16, 2017, 03:44 PM
GOT WINGS
I actually went out with the goggles and the camera I mounted and flew the quad out to 500 meters. At that distance it was getting hard to get a clear view in the goggles, especially when I started turning the quad, but I did manage to see well enough to turn the quad around to head back. I started the video on both the B2W camera and the VR D2 while at 500 meters. You can see in the video I turned around a few times trying to get pointed the right direction while looking in the goggles. I may have done something wrong with the goggles, because they did not record. I did not know the field I started the video over had been planted recently, probably wheat. When I finally head back towards my house, the fence line where the ground turns from medium brown to beige is about 300 meters. Not the best video, but I don't think the B2W video is all that bad. Wish my goggles would have worked.

MOVI0000 (3 min 41 sec)
Sep 17, 2017, 10:48 AM
GOT WINGS
Ok, I tried again this morning and managed to make a video using the VR D2 video recorder while simultaneously recording with the B2W stock camera so the footage can be compared. To me, the stock camera recorded better video. There are some breaks in the stock video though.

At about 40 to 50 seconds in both videos, you can see that I flew under, then through the high line electric wires. It was about 100 feet away and I did not even know I did that until I watched the video.

First the VR D2 video:
B2W VR D2 video (2 min 1 sec)

B2W video:
B2W stock camera (1 min 43 sec)
Sep 17, 2017, 09:05 PM
GOT WINGS
I went and fiddled around a bit with my VR D2 goggles and found that I could up the video recording from 480p like it was in above video to 720p. Went out and took another video using the AKK camera and vtx and it did seem better, but it was after sundown so the lighting was not good. If I get a chance, I will make a couple of more videos to compare and post them. If I remember correctly, the video with the stock camera was 1080p at 24fps.