MJX B2W Bugs 2W WiFi FPV Brushless With 1080P HD Camera GPS RC Quadcopter RTF - Page 3 - RC Groups
Aug 17, 2017, 09:57 PM
GOT WINGS
Although the camera on the B2W is not that great, it is at least decent and takes videos and photos using the transmitter buttons, even at 800 meters away, even if I can't use the wifi FPV. For that reason I decided to leave it in place for now. I do have an FPV camera that would fit in the camera hole in the front and a 600mw VTX, but I think I can mount it underneath where I can adjust the angle. I know I might have to extend the landing pads a bit if I do that. If I put a good 5.8ghz FPV rig on it that will get close to the tx/rx range, I could use the FPV to frame the shots I record on the stock camera.

After taking it apart and putting it back together last night, I wanted to go try it and make sure I didn't cause any problems. One thing I wish I had done is put a piece of foam over the barometer to see if that would reduce some of the up/down movement in GPS hold. Then it got too windy before I finished charging the battery, so I waited until after sundown when the wind had died down to go out and try it. And sure enough I had messed up when putting it back together, I switched the left hand props front to back. But I love the prop nuts because even though it was dark, I was able to remove the nuts and props and put them back where they belonged without even turning off the quad, right there on my launch pad.
I was able to see the quads LEDs out to 200 meters well enough to fly the quad in mostly dark conditions. Past that it got very hard to see. The only time within 200 meters I lost sight of the LEDs was when the quad was flying straight towards me - the LEDs would disappear behind the the motors. Other than that, very good/bright LEDs for night flying. Just had to use a flashlight to look at the transmitter display to see the distance meter.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2017, 01:54 PM
GOT WINGS
I now have the Bugs 3, 6, and the B2W. All three have 1806 1800KV motors. But all three have different motors on them. The 3 and 6 have 5M straight shafts for the props. The B2W has 5M prop shafts with a larger diameter prop mounting collar at the bottom with two flat sides like DJI style prop shafts. The Bugs 3 and the B2W have similar motors except for the prop mounting shaft, but the Bugs 3 props are not a direct fit to the B2W. The Bugs 6 has motors with plastic coated bell housings. Seems kinda strange to use 3 different types of motors all the same size and KV rating. And the Bugs 3 and B2W are very similar quads.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 02:22 AM
cooperationRC
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam).
Aug 30, 2017, 10:22 AM
GOT WINGS
I have decided to add a 5.8ghz FPV camera and 600mw VTX to the B2W. I think I will leave the stock camera installed so I can use the record function if I want to. I don't want to mount on top and risk interfering with the GPS, so to mount underneath I needed longer legs.
To make these longer legs I used some drywall anchors covered with red shrink wrap. I pulled out the rubber landing pads and used screws to mount the new legs. I will post pictures and more info later.
Aug 30, 2017, 12:00 PM
Nobody has been able to figure out yet where on the board to tap into the video coming out of the onboard camera? That would surely simplify things a lot
Aug 30, 2017, 01:52 PM
GOT WINGS
Only had it apart once and didn't really get down into the camera board. May have a look when I take it apart. I thought scousethief was trying to do that, but don't know if he did or not. Not really sure if I have the skills to do it or not, but that would be a good solution.
Aug 31, 2017, 10:05 AM
Just in case people are looking for those Bugs2 prop hand screw-knobs, screw-set or spare landing-bumpers, you can find complete sets on eBay; Tomtop doesn't seem to sell the sets via their own website, but they do on eBay
Sep 04, 2017, 08:59 PM
GOT WINGS
I did this abou a week ago. I used drywall anchors mounted to the LED covers in place of the rubber pads. Screws with a washer to mount them. They are covered with shrink wrap but are still a bit flexible. Haven't had a chance to mount the camera and VTX I plan on using yet.
Name: zb2wlegs.jpg
Views: 9
Size: 68.2 KB
Description:

I have no idea what size they are, I just went looking for something to use and decided these could be made to work. I used a 5/16 hole punch to make the top fit in the LED covers, had to do a little filing, then I went through my supply of screws until I found something the right diameter and length. I also used small metal washers inside the LED covers on the screws. You can buy sheet rock anchors at hardware stores, but I have lots of stuff like that around my place and in my tool shed/shop, so I just went looking for something that would work. Only thing I can tell you is that the head size should be about 5/16 inches.

Someone on the other B2_ thread used golf tees for extending the legs.

I have been busy testing and reviewing the Bayangtoys dual GPS X21 for the past week: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-RC-Quadcopter . Honestly, though the X21 is not a bad quad, I think I like the B2W better.
Sep 05, 2017, 07:52 AM
I'm stoked! My b2w is being delivered today. Got it with the Tomtop coupon for $126. Feel like it is a very good deal. The info here is what led to both this quadcopter and this deal. I thank you folks. My wife however, doesn't care for you much.
Sep 05, 2017, 09:21 AM
GOT WINGS
Oh come on. your wife might like us if she got to know us.
Sep 07, 2017, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Oh come on. your wife might like us if she got to know us.
Maybe...... probably not.

https://m.tomtop.com/p-rm8131b.html?...id=TTEDM170907

Use coupon, TTB2W , $129
Sep 07, 2017, 12:04 PM
GOT WINGS
that is a good price for the B2W.
Sep 07, 2017, 06:39 PM
GOT WINGS
Here is a battery that Banggood sells that I think would fit well in the B2W and has the right XT30 connector: https://www.banggood.com/MJX-B6-Bugs...294.html?rmmds .
Sep 08, 2017, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Here is a battery that Banggood sells that I think would fit well in the B2W and has the right XT30 connector: https://www.banggood.com/MJX-B6-Bugs...294.html?rmmds .
I have some 2200mAh lipos I thought that would fit the B2W, but they didn't, but only just. This one looks to be spot on, although the thickness doesn't seem to leave any margin when I compare it to the original battery(case). I wouldn't mind doing without the battery-case as this lipo is half the price, and would bring quite a bit of extra flighttime Just noticed the 'usually dispatched in 10-15 days'
Sep 08, 2017, 09:48 AM
GOT WINGS
I use this one: https://www.banggood.com/Charsoon-7_...830.html?rmmds . But of course I had to change the connector. I think it gives a couple extra minutes of flight time. I also have a nano tech 2200mah battery that fits well.