MJX B2W Bugs 2W WiFi FPV Brushless With 1080P HD Camera GPS RC Quadcopter RTF - Page 2 - RC Groups
Aug 14, 2017, 01:33 AM
I noticed the price dropped a lot. Can be found about 165 USD.... so a more adequate price especially vs the H501A model
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2017, 04:54 AM
My review: http://www.drone-maniac.com/test-mjx...1a-competitor/
Aug 14, 2017, 01:51 PM
GOT WINGS
I bought some Hubsan H501S propellers when I got the Bugs 3 to see if they would work, but when I put them on the Bugs 3 they did not work well at all. "The quad was a lot noisier and did not fly as well with the Hubsan props on it. It would buck up and down a little in the front and back when trying to hover. And it cut about 4 minutes from the flight time." But I decided to try the Hubsan props on the B2W.
The Hubsan prop probably would have worked without it, but I drilled out the bottom of the prop holes with a 15/64 inch drill bit so that the props would fit all the way down onto the prop shafts. The Hubsan props are almost the same size, maybe slightly shorter. I like the gold color props on the red body. It flew so close to the stock props I could not tell a difference. With stock battery, the low voltage warning came on at 12 minutes and the quad self landed at 14.5 minutes, the stock props had landed at 14 minutes 40 seconds. So not a bad replacement prop. Battery voltage at rest was 3.7 volts per cell.
Name: zb2whbsnprp2.jpg
Views: 10
Size: 79.3 KB
Description: Name: zb2whbsnprp.jpg
Views: 12
Size: 63.3 KB
Description:
Aug 14, 2017, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
I bought some Hubsan H501S propellers when I got the Bugs 3 to see if they would work, but when I put them on the Bugs 3 they did not work well at all. "The quad was a lot noisier and did not fly as well with the Hubsan props on it. It would buck up and down a little in the front and back when trying to hover. And it cut about 4 minutes from the flight time." But I decided to try the Hubsan props on the B2W.
The Hubsan prop probably would have worked without it, but I drilled out the bottom of the prop holes with a 15/64 inch drill bit so that the props would fit all the way down onto the prop shafts. The Hubsan props are almost the same size, maybe slightly shorter. I like the gold color props on the red body. It flew so close to the stock props I could not tell a difference. With stock battery, the low voltage warning came on at 12 minutes and the quad self landed at 14.5 minutes, the stock props had landed at 14 minutes 40 seconds. So not a bad replacement prop. Battery voltage at rest was 3.7 volts per cell.
Attachment 10278953 Attachment 10278954
What about their impact on the small amount of Jello in video recordings?
Aug 14, 2017, 04:12 PM
GOT WINGS
Sorry SeByDocky, did not try video while I had them on.
I tried the B2W props on the Bugs 3 and they worked well, couldn't tell much difference in performance of the Bugs 3. When BG starts selling the B2W parts, I will probably order some black props so I can have different color props front and back. Not as important on B2W, but better for line of site flying.
I had not flown the Bugs 3 in a few weeks, was thinking it is definitely faster than B2W, then remembered I had it in low speed. The Bugs 3 is a great los flyer as long as you don't want acro.
I had some balanced Gemfan 7038 props so I put them on the B2W and timed another flight. Those props cut the flight time to 13 minutes. And there was a bit of wobble with the GFs, could mostly just hear it.
I put the Bugs 3 props on the B2W and am going to try them next. I have some 8 inch props I may try, but the hubs are a bit too thick.
Name: zb2wgf7038prps.jpg
Views: 5
Size: 66.5 KB
Description:

SeByDocky, I went and read your review this morning, thanks for linking it here. Excellent review as usual. You are still one of the best. I guess I should register on your sight so I can comment there.
Aug 14, 2017, 07:23 PM
GOT WINGS
With the Bugs 3 props on it and the stock battery I timed a flight at 15 minutes and 8 seconds. Then I timed a flight with my Charsoon 2200mah battery at 16.5 minutes.
While I was waiting on batteries to charge, I balanced the the stock props - they were all four out of balance more than I expected.
Then I flew it with balanced stock props and the stock battery. Timed the flight at 15 minutes 10 seconds, that is 30 seconds more than a similar flight without balanced props.
Aug 15, 2017, 01:33 AM
Drone Collector
Awesome review SF. Really tempted with one of these and also the Hubsan 501A/Air.

Looks like expensive times ahead
Aug 15, 2017, 07:30 AM
GOT WINGS
There are so many Hubsan 50__ models I haven't even tried to keep up with them. Besides, I never met a Husban quad I really liked.
Read a couple of B2 reviews lately where the reviewer also had a Hubsan and said the MJX was a better buy, better motors and stuff. But have also read that the wifi doesn't work with a lot of cells, that may apply to both though. Still don't understand the insistence on putting wifi on these quads, but maybe they think that so many are attached at the hip to their cell phones that wifi is the way to go.
Aug 15, 2017, 03:31 PM
GOT WINGS
Well, I finally sat down and downloaded the Bugs 2 Go app. I followed the instructions in the manual and even though they were a little vague I managed to get the app downloaded without too much trouble. Only took about 45 minutes but that has more to do with my phone's data connection than the website or app.
Of course, my phone will not connect with the wifi of the quad as expected. Oh well, I tried.
Aug 16, 2017, 11:05 PM
GOT WINGS
I added teardown photos and text to post #3.
Aug 17, 2017, 05:38 AM
Great review with lots of good info SF. Do you think that the bugs 2 could handle a 3s battery like the bugs 3?
Aug 17, 2017, 06:37 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Any photos of the wifi module and how it connects to the camera
Aug 17, 2017, 06:48 AM
GOT WINGS
I didn't take photos of the camera/wifi module because I really couldn't move the fcb board out of the way enough to get a good picture. The camera appears to be connected by a cable and everything else is all on one board, but to get a really good look at it, the fcb would need to be removed.
Aug 17, 2017, 06:50 AM
GOT WINGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadsy
Great review with lots of good info SF. Do you think that the bugs 2 could handle a 3s battery like the bugs 3?
The escs are very small but can't see the rating because they are covered with shrink wrap. I don't think I would want to try a 3S battery.
Aug 17, 2017, 07:53 AM
Thanks SF. I received my bugs 2c in the mail today but haven't been able to fly it yet, looking forward to flying it tomorrow if it's not to windy here. It's my first brushless quad so can't wait ��