HobbyKing F8F Bearcat ARF - RC Groups

HobbyKing F8F Bearcat ARF

HobbyKing has another warbird available and this one is a big boy. It's an F8F Bearcat with a 78" wingspan that's made from balsa and lite ply. The wing is a removable two piece design supported by an alloy spar.

Splash

A beautiful 2 Meter 40cc Bearcat ARF!

HobbyKing has another warbird available and this one is a big boy. It's an F8F Bearcat with a 78" wingspan that's made from balsa and lite ply. The wing is a removable two piece design supported by an alloy spar. Being an ARF, most of the plane is already built and even the control surfaces are pre-hinged and ready to go. The covering is done and the fiberglass cowl is already painted. The kit includes electric retracts and struts and there is a large access hatch for getting to the batteries if you decide to go with an electric power system, but we think most people will use a 30-40cc gas engine to power this beast.

Check out the HobbyKing F8F Bearcat ARF

Features:

• Almost Ready to Fly (ARF) Airframe
  • Made of lightweight balsa and plywood
  • Gas or Electric power system options
  • Removeable wings for easy transport
  • Electric retracts and struts
  • Large battery-hatch for easy access
  • Functional Ailerons, elevator, rudder, throttle, flaps and retractable landing gear

Specs:

• Wingspan: 2020mm (79.5")
  • Length: 1540mm (60.6")
  • RTF Weight: 7.1kg (15.6lbs)

Aug 10, 2017, 04:44 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Very nice but ,,,,,,,,,,,,,its $100 more on Hobby King + shipping then VQ models in the good old USA selling the very same plane ?
What happened to Hobby Kings winning price model ?
Next I will find out that the Easter Bunny and Santa are urban lengends , please no no no ! Lol
Aug 10, 2017, 07:18 AM
Yes to expensive for me too , I can buy a shinny 2100 wing p-51 big beautiful doll
top flight model from good old "EXPENSIVE" USA ... And have it delivered to me here
in Thailand and prolly have enough change to buy all of North Korea's nukes .....

Oh wow I could become the America's coolest " PREPPER" With all those nukes ... ( But with an Aussie accent )

0k back to subject ..

Yes ldm .... Hk have lost control of pricing and shipping and WEIGHT when it comes to this model ...
Or perhaps its stratergy ... Like Donald Trumps stratergy's "LIES" .. ( still bettter than hillary) ...

Anyway I just want to say I did not notice ldm posted in this thread , And I certainly did not reply as if I was some kind of stalker
to ldm ... No really .... He has no influence in my life ... Other than his post count is a couple more than mine ..

Ok and yes maybe he is an Italian Stallion ... :rolleyes I loved the rocky films ....

I wish I was Rocky .... But I am am merly a convict who loves Asians ...

But I am ok with that ... OMG the moderators are coming ...
I love you ldm , and yes I have missed you , but I don't stalk ok ....

Andy ...
Aug 12, 2017, 07:31 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Hahah Andy your a crazy man !
Yes Hobby King can not figure out how to ship large products in an efficient manner lol !
Thomas from VQ in Texas can get these models all the way to Houston for less then the major distribution of Hobby King ?
Or perhaps we are seeing VQ execute the cost structure of a great distribution system .
Example
1) VQ agrees to take the MOQ on models for the USA, MOQs is typically a full 40 ft container.
2) as a result VQ gets the best price and price protection for the exclusive USA distribution
3) Hobby King makes a deal to sell the VQ line "globally" but does not receive the same distribution cost as Thomas and this prevents distribution into the USA on the larger line of VQ /Lengend models .
4) As far as the smaller VQ line like new introductions , it appears the business model is reversed and Hobby King is getting cost to sell into the USA most likely based on volume and 40 ft containers best cost practice.
This is all an assumption but very similar to my business and dealings with China.
Usually any China factory will show loyalty and exclusive sales based on volume , profit , consistent sales. If after a few years the promise of the volume profit and sales do not occur
The factory will open up the distribution to a new company.
I have seen this occur in the USA for decades in the Hobby Industry !
Example
Giant Scale Planes( Pa based company ) was the original distributor and imported of CMP models ( China Model Products ) . They lost sales based on poor servace and eventfully CMP was sold by Nitro Planes on the west coast.
Nitro lost sales based on customer servace and the CMP planes were opened up for sale in the USA by AKA models in Texas and General Hobby while still leaving some sales with Nitro.
CMP eventually went out of business.

NItro was the original distributor of FMS, then Banana Hobby Sold FMS , now both lost the rights to Motion/Diamond and Horizon.

Banana still has exclusive for LX models into the USA .
I can go on but why bore the RC community lol , you get the point.
China factory loyality is always based on sales , profits and long term promise of both !
Aug 12, 2017, 08:10 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
I think this is the same plane that jb-hobbies.com was selling before they went out of business?
Aug 12, 2017, 08:14 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Yes its is , it was made by VQ sold by James under the Legends Brand and now being sold by VQ USA/Thomas and by Hobby King.
James was an excellent super knowledgeable RC guy and great at customer service but unfortunitly the business was not working.
Its a real shame because he is and was a total class act who I wish could still be involved in some manner !
Aug 12, 2017, 12:28 PM
Ldm, couldn't say it better - James is a stand-up guy....and our hobby needs more like him.
Aug 13, 2017, 06:32 AM
WOW .... ldm when you say so many big words in a row like that, And they are actually cohearent I find myself wondering if I should be in Thailand enjoying beautiful pretty small brown ladies (size 6 max ) that fluff about for me and think I am wonderful and handsome and show loyalty to my old withered body from western abuse of alcohol and food and lack of consideration for exercise ... Or should I be in Italy looking for a man like you ? But I know your taken ..

Andy

Side note : Nah the mods are not coming for me because that is actually a very funny reply ...
Aug 13, 2017, 06:36 AM
Steel Panther - The Burden of Being Wonderful (3 min 35 sec)

Aug 13, 2017, 07:19 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
Yes its is , it was made by VQ sold by James under the Legends Brand and now being sold by VQ USA/Thomas and by Hobby King.
James was an excellent super knowledgeable RC guy and great at customer service but unfortunitly the business was not working.
Its a real shame because he is and was a total class act who I wish could still be involved in some manner !
I agree on James, I was disappointed when I read the news. He was very helpful when I was looking to purchase a Dualsky motor and front mount; he was great to deal with.

Similar to Jason M not distributing Sebart any longer. JR Americas is a joke. I contacted them about purchasing a Sebart Prometheus 2m F3A biplane and Sebart Contra...they had no idea what I was talking about, even after I sent them a link to their own page.
Model has been backordered for a year now according to their website.

It's a shame good guys don't seem to last as long as BanannaHobby, Hobbyking and others
Aug 13, 2017, 09:39 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Agree 100%, I wish some of the major companies like Hobby King or Horizon would give James a substantial position !
It's rare too have both a knowledgeable and hobby passionate person in the industry !
Aug 13, 2017, 10:36 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
Agree 100%, I wish some of the major companies like Hobby King or Horizon would give James a substantial position !
It's rare too have both a knowledgeable and hobby passionate person in the industry !
I believe there were a few knowledgeable and passionate people at Horizon who left and started their own company ...

The last JR product I was holding out hope for were the servos. But even those are backorderd, delayed,etc

My last plane had all Hacker/Ditex servos (first time not using all JR servos)
Very happy so far, amazing servo (I like the no subtrim feature)

Sorry for wandering off the thread ...
Aug 15, 2017, 01:30 AM
Ldm
Ldm
I see the weight of this plane is listed at 15.6 lbs . In the build thread guys are adding major weight for CG or larger engines .
I am thinking of a hacker 60 and 2x 6 cells for power , that is about 2600 watts .
I would assume all the all up weight is close 20 lbs so I am still over 100 watts a pound.
Aug 15, 2017, 02:04 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
I prefer battery weight to dead weight
I did a 50cc electric conversion build with a Hacker Q80-7m on 10s (much lighter than a gas engine!)
I ended up using 5s 8000maH packs up front and was able to avoid lead ballast.
Aug 15, 2017, 02:14 AM
Ldm
Ldm
I am the same way, as Andy knows I call it "functional weight " . I have built both a Fw190 and Seafury with functional weight !
I am trying to determine if I can use my hacker or even a Tacon 160 budget motor .
I know the Tacon will work on 12 cells 2800 watts as long as I am not flying full throttle the entire flight .