ICARE Electric Fuel Pumps - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

ICARE Electric Fuel Pumps

ICARE has some new products available to help you move your gas or nitro fuel around. They have a standard Electric Fuel Pump as well as a Rechargeable Electric Fuel Pump and these are designed specifically for use with model engine fuel.

Splash

Refueling Pumps Make Life Easy at the Field

ICARE has some new products available to help you move your gas or nitro fuel around. They have a standard Electric Fuel Pump as well as a Rechargeable Electric Fuel Pump and these are designed specifically for use with model engine fuel. They are lightweight and easy to use either handheld or attached to your fuel container. The standard pump requires a 2S lipo battery to run and the rechargeable unit will run for 15 minutes before needing to be charged back up via 5V USB. They also sell a nice bracket for attaching the pump to your tank. Here's some more specs:

Standard Fuel Pump

• Size: 27mm x 70.5mm
  • Weight: 91g
  • Input Voltage: 4.2 - 8.4V (2S Lipo)
  • No load power consumption: 1.6 A
  • Flow rate: 1150cc/minute@6V
  • Continuous operating time : 15minutes
  • Power connector: Futaba female
  • Usable fuel: Glow Fuel, Gasoline, kerosene
  • Price: $55.00

Rechargeable Fuel Pump

• Size: 27 x 115mm
  • Weight: 146g
  • Battery: Li-ion 2000mAh
  • Flow rate: 950cc/minute
  • Battery duration: 15 minutes
  • Charge voltage: 5V
  • Charge current: 1.0A
  • Charge connector: USB Micro B
  • Accessory: USB charge cable
  • Usable fuel: Glow Fuel, Gasoline, Kerosene
  • Price: $69.00

Check out the Standard Fuel Pump

Check out the Rechargeable Fuel Pump

Check out the Tank Bracket

Nov 19, 2017, 10:27 PM
Trying to be Ex Hoarder...
Does this reverse to remove fuel?
Nov 20, 2017, 01:58 AM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by welton1720
Does this reverse to remove fuel?
From the pictures the switch looks like it has two positions. I would imagine it is pretty dumb to design a fuel pump for model airplanes that cannot remove the fuel. That would require all kinds of fuel line re-routing to do the same with a simple reversible switch. I just hope they have more oomph than the similar looking Slimline pump from many years ago.
Nov 20, 2017, 09:05 PM
Trying to be Ex Hoarder...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
From the pictures the switch looks like it has two positions. I would imagine it is pretty dumb to design a fuel pump for model airplanes that cannot remove the fuel. That would require all kinds of fuel line re-routing to do the same with a simple reversible switch. I just hope they have more oomph than the similar looking Slimline pump from many years ago.
Nope... looks like one way to me.

https://www.rcworld.com.au/ty1-elect...-w-batter.html
Nov 20, 2017, 10:47 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by welton1720

I don't know. I copied these words from your link.

"Switch is 3 Position = ON-OFF-SPRING RETURN ON"

That would mean the pump is reversible. Otherwise why is that a 3 position switch?
Nov 21, 2017, 08:58 AM
so you can turn it on and leave it on or just bump it on. Momentary on - off - on is not the same as forward - off - reverse. it may be easy to modify but it doesn't seem to come that way.
Nov 21, 2017, 09:24 AM
Me Likey Scale Planes
Would be easy to set up your can with two fill/return nipples,, then just select the one that feeds the fuel the direction you want,,

It's not rocket surgery
Latest blog entry: Charge station
Nov 21, 2017, 09:47 AM
would require two 3-way valves to be manually positioned. the valves alone would cost more than any other fuel pump wired to run in both directions. the only economic solution is to reverse the power feed to the pump using a 2p2t switch.
Nov 21, 2017, 12:45 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighcopter
so you can turn it on and leave it on or just bump it on. Momentary on - off - on is not the same as forward - off - reverse. it may be easy to modify but it doesn't seem to come that way.
That begs the question as to why anyone would design a fuel pump specifically for the RC models that is not reversible.

Actually momentary switch to fill and click to de-fill would make a lot of sense. That way the user will not leave the pump on and overfill. Just let go of the switch and it stops filling.

All these speculations. Some one should just buy one and report back.
Nov 21, 2017, 12:46 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only
Would be easy to set up your can with two fill/return nipples,, then just select the one that feeds the fuel the direction you want,,

It's not rocket surgery
Yes I am familiar with how to plumb the fuel pump to reverse flow. However it is less of a rocket science if the design simply incorporate a three way switch.
Nov 21, 2017, 12:49 PM
it's certainly not a pump that I would have in my field kit. of course, if the wiring can be easily modified to make it run momentarily on in forward and continuously on in reverse, that would work, and if it costs enough less than other pumps that do not require modifying, I might buy it, but only if I was sure I could make it work for my needs, and without seeing it in person, who knows.
Nov 21, 2017, 12:51 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighcopter
it's certainly not a pump that I would have in my field kit. of course, if the wiring can be easily modified to make it run momentarily in forward or continuously on in reverse, that would work, and if it costs enough less than other pumps that do not require modifying, I might buy it, but only if I was sure I could make it work for my needs, and without seeing it in person, who knows.
My feeling exactly. I would have jumped at it if I know more. It does look good but I am hesitant. It is not like throwing away $20 or $30 to test the product. It is $45 plus another $45 for the plumbing kit.
Nov 21, 2017, 03:25 PM
Me Likey Scale Planes
3 way Valves? ,,,

Fuel can (0 min 20 sec)
Latest blog entry: Charge station

Quick Reply