FrSky M9-R High Sensitivity Hall Sensor Taranis Gimbal for Racers - RC Groups
Aug 07, 2017, 06:16 AM
New Product

FrSky M9-R High Sensitivity Hall Sensor Taranis Gimbal for Racers

FrSky M9-R High Sensitivity Hall Sensor Gimbal: https://www.banggood.com/Frsky-M9-R-High-Sensitivity-Hall-Sensor-Gimbal-for-Taranis-X9D-X9D-Plus-p-1182808.html

This one is nearly identical to the M9, but differs in that FrSky has shortened the throttle for 45 degrees for improved throttle precision, which should benefit racers.

Description:
FrSky M9-R Gimbal is specially designed for FPV racing, 3D and acrobatic fixed wing and 3D Heli pilots who are using the FrSky Taranis X9D/X9D Plus Transmitter. The Wider 45°throttle travel will allow you to achieve an extreme amount of throttle resolution resulting in precision control,. The combination of a hall sensor gimbal and included lotus stick ends will assure that your thumbs or fingers are with one with the radio. We gave it a red metal body to give it that race ready look.

Specification:
Brand name: Frsky
Model: M9-R
Item name: M9-R Sensitivity Sensor Gimbal
Supply Voltage (VCC): DC 3.0~±0.5V
Sensitivity: 2.50 mV/G
Linear Output Voltage Range: 0.1~ (VCC +0.1)V
Quiesent Output(TA=25℃, B=0G): 0.5 x VCC
Noise (no load): ≤40mVpp

Features:
-Hall sensor
-4 ball-bearings
-Adjustable tension
-45° throttle travel for quick throttle response
-Ideal for FPV racing, 3D and acrobatic fixed wing, 3D heli

Last edited by D Gains; Aug 10, 2017 at 04:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2017, 09:40 AM
Errrrr..............R=red?
Aug 07, 2017, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamdavey
Errrrr..............R=red?
An $8-10 price increase for an aesthetic overhaul? I'm hoping R=race and they just picked that color scheme to differentiate the gimbal from the standard M9
Aug 08, 2017, 06:13 AM
Red painted plastic or machined alloy?

I know Chinese alloy is like cheese but still a nice bit of bling with the hall sensor thrown in.
Aug 08, 2017, 09:43 PM
aka KF7DS
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
Red painted plastic or machined alloy?

I know Chinese alloy is like cheese but still a nice bit of bling with the hall sensor thrown in.
Mark.....the M9s are terrific, a real improvement over the stock gimbals. They are much better than those in my DX9 (and the DX9 gimbals are a lot better than the old stock X9D+ gimbals).

Don
Aug 08, 2017, 10:05 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Looks like the real answer is a longer throw on one axis (45 degrees) for racing/3D applications.

Pricing is $22.99, so about $2.50 more than a stock M9.

This is intended to be a throttle stick specifically, so paired with a regular M9 in most installation
Aug 09, 2017, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsinger1
They are much better than those in my DX9 (and the DX9 gimbals are a lot better than the old stock X9D+ gimbals).
Frsky would make a lot of CA$$$$$H if they ever make compatible gimbals for Sprectum DX series which are made out of cheapy plastic
Aug 09, 2017, 02:28 AM
I asked this in thread now started by Frsky but this seems to have more attention so sorry about cross posting.

I love my DX9 but one issue I have always had with ALL models, even after calibration is my throttle stick had a lot of deadband at the bottom. Throttle on my quads/planes kicks in at like 1 line under almost half stick. This seems to make hovering a quad and trying to keep it at a nice constant height more difficult as the tiniest of stick movements either has it climbing or falling.

Would the longer throw on this gimbal reduce this sensation?
Aug 09, 2017, 11:59 PM
Taranis X9D Racing Edition on the way....
Aug 10, 2017, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Looks like the real answer is a longer throw on one axis (45 degrees) for racing/3D applications.

This is intended to be a throttle stick specifically, so paired with a regular M9 in most installation
My current M9 gymbal is more than 45 degrees, wouldn't that suggest these are a shorter throw? Either way I wonder whether or not this is adjustable and what happens if you want a matching set in your radio with only one side with the throw change. I'm happy with my elevator as it is.

Edit: Sorry, raised in the other thread I notice.
Last edited by mpjf01; Aug 10, 2017 at 01:16 AM.
Aug 10, 2017, 09:41 AM
The ability to have shorter throw on throttle/collective would allow the buyer to have an arrangement similar to that provided on many Txs out of the box.

The facility is usually provided by a pair of removeable stops that limit the physical movement. Calibration restores the full electronic throw.
Aug 10, 2017, 11:00 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
I asked this in thread now started by Frsky but this seems to have more attention so sorry about cross posting.

I love my DX9 but one issue I have always had with ALL models, even after calibration is my throttle stick had a lot of deadband at the bottom. Throttle on my quads/planes kicks in at like 1 line under almost half stick. This seems to make hovering a quad and trying to keep it at a nice constant height more difficult as the tiniest of stick movements either has it climbing or falling.

Would the longer throw on this gimbal reduce this sensation?
All the FrSky systems I've used use all of the stick movement and there is no dead band near the end points.

Mike
Aug 10, 2017, 11:16 AM
Thanks @jet_flyer

In the past I have found the same, I think after the G-RX8R and new R-XSR I'm switching to Frsky full time (right after I said I was staying with another brand)

Ordered one of these gimbals earlier, look forward to fitting it.
Aug 17, 2017, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
$28.89 now. Frsky raising price again !!
Aug 22, 2017, 12:42 PM
O_o
I like the new gimbals, not just from a performance perspective (similarly accuracy as M9), but ergonomically as I have small hands and pinch the sticks so full throttle and pitch were always a stretch for me. Now I don't have to move my hands up the radio to reach full stick throw. Speaking of throw, 45° is shorter than the original M9. I did not see the ability to adjust this. While this is designed as a throttle replacement, I went with the pair for the reasons mentioned above. Takeoff was QUICK (muscle memory to blame), but I was able to adjust before the end of the first battery. One big thing I noticed is the spring for up/down motion is weaker than the left/right spring and the return to center isn't consistent on stock tension. I had to loosen the tension bar to give a similar feel as the original M9 while allowing consistent return to center.