FrSky new arrival - Full range ultra mini redundancy receiver R-XSR! - Page 2 - RC Groups
Aug 08, 2017, 11:15 PM
FrSky-MKT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
No, you'll still want the XM+, in fact with the new redundancy receivers coming from FrSky, the XM+ is even more valuable. Think of it as a Remote Receiver.

Remember, for every redundancy unit, you need a non-telemetry-bound SBus receiver as a remote unit. Given pricing, that says XM+ to me.

This makes the XSR obsolete. I see no reason to buy the larger and less featured XSR over the R-XSR unless the XSR is decidedly cheaper.

I can actually see a really cool setup for this R-XSR.

Your base unit is an RX8R or G-RX8R in the fuselage. You have an SBus link to the R-XSR bound no-telemetry in one remote location, which in turn takes a feed from an XM+ in a second location. Or in an RB setup, 2 R-XSR's feeding the RB (one bound non-telemetry), each with a XM+ as a remote.

BTW, definitely want the R-XSR to be able to be bound no-telemetry, so it can support RB's and being a source for other redundancy receivers.
R-XSR receiver also supports telemetry function. ; )
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2017, 11:18 PM
FrSky-MKT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datos
Yes, can be used as standalone. Any other receiver with SBUS should do as slave receiver.... Hope that I am right.
Yes, you're right!
Aug 08, 2017, 11:20 PM
FrSky-MKT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pressalltheknobs
The picture shows two receivers. One looks like an XSR and one looks like something new...probably the R- XSR.

So I suspect the new R-XSR is designed to work with an XSR (with new firmware) to create a redundant micro receiver system.
Hello sir,

Yes, the tiny black one is R-XSR, we marked in the picture.
Aug 08, 2017, 11:31 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaHuang
R-XSR receiver also supports telemetry function. ; )
yes, but can I disable telemetry as well?
Aug 09, 2017, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Hello sir,

Yes, the tiny black one is R-XSR, we marked in the picture.
Ah I missed that. Thx. I'm still confused though.

Am I'm I correct that the new XSR has the redundancy firmware and the R-XSR is just a tiny SBUS RX? Or does this work some other way?
Aug 09, 2017, 12:47 AM
FrSky-MKT
Quote:
yes, but can I disable telemetry as well?
It can't be disabled by now.
Aug 09, 2017, 01:33 AM
So basically this is the new and improved XSR that could have say a XM+ added to it as a 2nd rx?

Will the XSR in it current form now be discontinued or heavily discounted?
Last edited by i_am_mark_evans; Aug 09, 2017 at 01:43 AM.
Aug 09, 2017, 01:59 AM
FrSky-MKT
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
So basically this is the new and improved XSR that could have say a XM+ added to it as a 2nd rx?

Will the XSR in it current form now be discontinued or heavily discounted?
Yes, you could use XM+ as a 2nd rx. But the current price of XSR is discounted, there won't be a more heavily discounted.
Aug 09, 2017, 02:19 AM
Well, that depends on where you shop, even some frsky dealers don't adhere to your prices and are still selling the XSR at the original full price, but that's another story.

Anyway looks great! I'm sold.
Aug 09, 2017, 09:23 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
It can't be disabled by now.
It would be quite nice if it could be disabled (at least as a bind option from the TX).

This would let you use a R-XSR as a remote for another redundancy RX or RB, with a second remote daisy-chained from the R-XSR, improving redundancy for larger models.
Aug 09, 2017, 10:23 AM
Quote:
It would be quite nice if it could be disabled (at least as a bind option from the TX).

This would let you use a R-XSR as a remote for another redundancy RX or RB, with a second remote daisy-chained from the R-XSR, improving redundancy for larger models.
Yes, now i must use a RX8R with XM+ for that.... must to bulky
Aug 09, 2017, 10:58 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadango
Yes, now i must use a RX8R with XM+ for that.... must to bulky
You misunderstand what I'm thinking.

RX8R<-R-XSR<-XM+

or XM+->R-XSR->RB<-R-XSR<-XM+

That gives me increased receiver location options for larger models. It won't protect against a loss of the R-XSR itself, but would let you put 2 remotes instead of 1 on each input chain.
Aug 11, 2017, 01:22 PM
Does the R-XSR support inverted AND non-inverted telemetry signal?
If not: Can the inversion mod (soldering) be applied just like on the XSR?

see here: https://blck.mn/2016/12/smartport-fr...flight-part-2/
Aug 11, 2017, 02:07 PM
I think the new XSR is a good buy for mini quads but I don't know if the redundant feature is really needed for everyone. Do we lose the telemetry feauture if we use a redundant setup?

Would it be possible for anyone to draw a scheme showing how the connections should be with a redundant setup? Let's say an R-XSR and XM+?

And is it really worth it?

I'm going to build a new quad and I was planning to use my X4RSB. If it is more recommended to get this new R-XSR I would wait and order one.

One last question When is it going to be out? I still don't see at HorusRC.

Thanks.
Aug 11, 2017, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RePli
Does the R-XSR support inverted AND non-inverted telemetry signal?
If not: Can the inversion mod (soldering) be applied just like on the XSR?

see here: https://blck.mn/2016/12/smartport-fr...flight-part-2/
Hello,

What is an inverted and non inverted telemetry? I normally use X4RSB with SBUS connection and I connect it's Smartport to RX on the FC to get the telemetry and that's all. So is this inverted or non inverted connection?