FrSky new arrival - Full range ultra mini redundancy receiver R-XSR! - Page 19 - RC Groups
Nov 09, 2017, 10:18 AM
The R-XSR is designed to be either a stand alone or satellite receiver so it has an extra pin. You can swap the pins in the connector by popping them out and moving them. I really like this new receiver so far!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2017, 11:35 AM
Copper Copter
I ordered 2 more from horus. Will report if I get the newer revision this time
Nov 09, 2017, 12:56 PM
I had to update the FW on the one I got a month ago. It would not do Smart Audio until I did that. I have that receiver on my Kopis 1 which has telemetry and smart audio. It's real nice to be able to change Pids, Rates, VTX settings from my Taranis.
Nov 10, 2017, 11:22 AM
My very early R-XSRs both worked fine without any firmware updates. I use Smart Audio and telemetry too ... BF F3 FCs.
Nov 12, 2017, 06:30 AM
FPV Enthusiast

Firmware Update

I am using the Rxsr on an F4 build and wanted the telemetry, so I did the hardware modification to the smartaudio pin. I then realized and confirmed that I wouldn't be able to do the firmware update using that pin. So, order of operations is to update firmware then do the modification. I'm trying to bridge the cut trace, but it's really tight. Lesson learned.
Nov 12, 2017, 12:48 PM
Just an FYI, website FlightClub has RXSR's in stock. I have three on way ordered yesterday.

http://store.fpv-flightclub.com/
Nov 12, 2017, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnw
On these early versions of the R-XSR (no pads) people were having problems with telemetry sensors on Kiss until the newest version of FW was released for it from FrSky. Fixed everything they were having troubles with. Since you've got an early version also maybe this is your problem too... These people were using OpenTX2.2 tho also. I'm not sure if that could have anything to do with it also. Good luck
Flashing the latest firmware did the trick. I now get telemetry from the Mini voltage sensor. Thanks Again
Nov 13, 2017, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsnell
Flashing the latest firmware did the trick. I now get telemetry from the Mini voltage sensor. Thanks Again
Awesome, glad it was your fix also All the newer ones with the extra pads come with this new FW but all the older ones do not. You'd think of all the things FrSky would've checked they would've made sure telemetry worked before releasing it
Nov 13, 2017, 07:17 AM
Not true, mine had the pads, but not the firmware.
Nov 13, 2017, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakon
Not true, mine had the pads, but not the firmware.
Hmm, I stand corrected then. That info I heard on a podcast, I guess it was wrong. Maybe the first batch had the old FW or something. Your the first I seen post that the newer version didn't have the new FW on it tho from people posting about it on different threads...
Nov 13, 2017, 03:19 PM
When updating FW, are we supposed to do each update or just the most recent? Latest is about 130kb less than the one previous.
Nov 13, 2017, 03:45 PM
You can go straight for the latest, firmware is always overwritten completely.
Nov 13, 2017, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakon
You can go straight for the latest, firmware is always overwritten completely.
The answer I expected just don't see how an update file smaller than the one previous to it can do all things new and include older updates... Unless they streamlined the code that much.
Nov 13, 2017, 07:59 PM
Nobody here can definitely explain that. All we can say is whether or not the newer firmware works with all functionality. As far as I can see it does.
Nov 14, 2017, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerdude70
When updating FW, are we supposed to do each update or just the most recent? Latest is about 130kb less than the one previous.
the older Zipfiles included 2 files ~130kb (FCC & LBT), the latest has only one file (LBT)