FrSky new arrival - Full range ultra mini redundancy receiver R-XSR! - RC Groups
Aug 07, 2017, 05:59 AM
FrSky-MKT
New Product

FrSky new arrival - Full range ultra mini redundancy receiver R-XSR!

This upgraded version of XSR receiver includes all the features of the original FrSky XSR receiver like "Full Range" "Telemetry" and "SBUS/CPPM signal outputs". Besides, this ultra mini item supports the redundancy function with a detachable antenna! So do you like it? ;P

INFORMATION
  • Dimension: 16*11*5.4mm (L x W x H)
  • Weight: 1.5g
  • Support redundancy function
Last edited by AndreaHuang; Aug 08, 2017 at 10:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2017, 01:36 AM
Alex
Sounds interesting. Having this I can build redundant system on a very small models like 210 fpv racing quad....

A question - if this R-XSR receiver accepts signals from salve receiver - as I understand slave can be any other FrSKY SBUS receiver as well as another R-XSR itself.

I wonder whether interconnecting 2 R-XSR whould give us full duplex redundant system as it was with RX8R.
Aug 08, 2017, 06:08 AM
I don't understand the intended use for this.

So are you saying the XSR can be be made to have a redundancy feature? If so how do you connect up a 2nd rx?

If it's for ones like the RX8R and the new sail plane one with built in Vario, then what's different about it to say the XM+ other than its got a plug ready soldered?

I read it a few times and to me it's now sounding like this is a XSR but as small as the XM+ so basically a XM+ with telemetry? Or have I got that wrong?
Aug 08, 2017, 08:26 AM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
I don't understand the intended use for this.

So are you saying the XSR can be be made to have a redundancy feature? If so how do you connect up a 2nd rx?

If it's for ones like the RX8R and the new sail plane one with built in Vario, then what's different about it to say the XM+ other than its got a plug ready soldered?

I read it a few times and to me it's now sounding like this is a XSR but as small as the XM+ so basically a XM+ with telemetry? Or have I got that wrong?
Yep, seems that this tiny receiver is like RX8R - having the redundancy feature. I would say that the main use is for planes or FPV copters for those who fly in places with many obstacles and afraid to loose the signal. With 2 of this or R-XSR + XSR (or other) we can have up to 4 antennas + one repeating the other....
Aug 08, 2017, 08:43 AM
So could this also be used standalone?

If so then that makes the XM+ obsolete now as this is just as small/lighter but with full telemetry?

Curious to see where you plug in the 2nd rx too.
Aug 08, 2017, 09:04 AM
So the difference from the recently released XSR-M is the redundancy?
https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/xsr-m/
Aug 08, 2017, 09:31 AM
So it has a SBus input also for a secundairy receiver like a XM+? So it is a small SBUS / CPPM Only version of the RX8R? That would be very usefull

So..... can i test?
Aug 08, 2017, 09:43 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:

If so then that makes the XM+ obsolete now as this is just as small/lighter but with full telemetry?

No, you'll still want the XM+, in fact with the new redundancy receivers coming from FrSky, the XM+ is even more valuable. Think of it as a Remote Receiver.

Remember, for every redundancy unit, you need a non-telemetry-bound SBus receiver as a remote unit. Given pricing, that says XM+ to me.

This makes the XSR obsolete. I see no reason to buy the larger and less featured XSR over the R-XSR unless the XSR is decidedly cheaper.

I can actually see a really cool setup for this R-XSR.

Your base unit is an RX8R or G-RX8R in the fuselage. You have an SBus link to the R-XSR bound no-telemetry in one remote location, which in turn takes a feed from an XM+ in a second location. Or in an RB setup, 2 R-XSR's feeding the RB (one bound non-telemetry), each with a XM+ as a remote.

BTW, definitely want the R-XSR to be able to be bound no-telemetry, so it can support RB's and being a source for other redundancy receivers.
Aug 08, 2017, 09:45 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:

S-Bus in is a single pin on the header, you can see they added a pin (from 4 to 5 pins)
Aug 08, 2017, 09:58 AM
Ahh i get it now.

Winner all round then and no need for the regular XSR anymore?.

Frsky really upping the game!
Aug 08, 2017, 01:15 PM
Alex
Quote:

Yes, can be used as standalone. Any other receiver with SBUS should do as slave receiver.... Hope that I am right.
Aug 08, 2017, 02:03 PM
Yeah think i get it now, basically it's gonna replace the standard XSR but have more features/uses and be smaller/lighter and hopefully around the same price or cheaper.
Aug 08, 2017, 04:04 PM
The picture shows two receivers. One looks like an XSR and one looks like something new...probably the R- XSR.

So I suspect the new R-XSR is designed to work with an XSR (with new firmware) to create a redundant micro receiver system.
Aug 08, 2017, 11:10 PM
FrSky-MKT
Quote:

Hello sir,

Yes, this can be used standalone, actually, this is the upgraded xsr receiver and ultra mini. Plug in the 2nd rx through SBUS iN.
Aug 08, 2017, 11:12 PM
FrSky-MKT
Quote:
Originally Posted by giaffa
So the difference from the recently released XSR-M is the redundancy?
https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/xsr-m/
And its ultra mini size and weight. ; )