Oct 28, 2019, 05:44 PM
Dont confuse me with the facts
I have an extra pair of BVM Electra wings. I am not sure how compatible they are. Let me know if you want them.

Scott
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2019, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Jon
The Bullet might has a little more space inside than a Starfire 2, but they are a very similar sized plane. Certainly a great 12-14S bird...maybe 18s could be made to fit. Since you have to make wings, you could make slightly larger ones to handle the battery weight.
+1 on that. The stock wings for the Bullet would be inadequate anyway in terms of construction method. CF spars/ foam core/ balsa sheeted/ glassed construction would be the easiest method capable of handling the increased loads at 18S.
Oct 28, 2019, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottfpv
I have an extra pair of BVM Electra wings. I am not sure how compatible they are. Let me know if you want them.

Scott
Alas, the Electra wings won't carry 18S. They will carry 16S, barely...
To carry 18S you need 1000 sq in wing area.
Oct 28, 2019, 06:16 PM
Dont confuse me with the facts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanflyer
Alas, the Electra wings won't carry 18S. They will carry 16S, barely...
To carry 18S you need 1000 sq in wing area.
Agreed. I am not familiar with the Bullet, but 18S with any flight time, is too big for Electra wings.

If you buy foam cores, you will still need balsa sheeting, I am not sure where to source that. Balsa is getting harder to come by all the time.

Scott
Oct 28, 2019, 08:13 PM
Thread OP
I took a look at it and it’s def too small for what I’m looking to do. I think the CARF rookie is the best candidate. I can easily 3d print intakes for it if the stock intakes are not sufficient and there is no exhaust ducting to be worried about. It will also carry the kind of weight I am asking for it to carry without a worry. I’ll be setting it up for 20s first and then making it 22s with 32lbs of thrust.

On another note, anyone want to buy the sprint? $2100 shipped via greyhound without batteries or $2400 shipped with a set of batteries. Add your own receiver/transmitter of course.
Oct 28, 2019, 08:20 PM
Thread OP
Double post.
Oct 29, 2019, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Par_18
The sprint is 18s and the Falcon is 12s.
In that case it looks like the efflux out of the 12s fan is around 220 - 240 ish

That's not bad for 12s

Do you remember what the static thrust was?

tia
Oct 29, 2019, 12:50 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771
In that case it looks like the efflux out of the 12s fan is around 220 - 240 ish

That's not bad for 12s

Do you remember what the static thrust was?

tia
12s is sub 200mph at 18.9lbs peak. CAT 6 fan on 18-20s is 275mph at 29.7ish peak
Nov 17, 2019, 11:51 AM
I bought a JTM Viper Jet 1.7 kit from a friend who never had time to build it. The kit has no instructions - what CG did you use on yours. Thank you
Nov 18, 2019, 02:12 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBoost
I bought a JTM Viper Jet 1.7 kit from a friend who never had time to build it. The kit has no instructions - what CG did you use on yours. Thank you
Donít know if meant to post this in a different thread. I do t own this jet but perhaps someone else here does.
Nov 18, 2019, 03:56 PM
I have worked with Mitch on a few projects and can absolutely vouch for his honesty and integrity. Mitch would never offer an inferior product. He is good people
James
Nov 18, 2019, 04:45 PM
world's slowest builder
Hmmm, seems like threads are getting crossed somehow....
Nov 19, 2019, 09:10 AM
hmmm... I was responding to post #675 in which Par asked about Down and Locked. Mitch does excellent work and believe me, he stands behind his product.
Nov 19, 2019, 09:30 AM
Thread OP

Upcoming stuff

Fortunately, I've been able to do a lot of flying lately so most of my time has been going there vs. working on new stuff. However, I am expecting to receive some carbon fiber thrust tubes this week and have a newly designed one piece 3D printed nacelle with an integrated thrust tube for optimal performance for externally mounted fans. I'm hoping the cost to 3D print these large pieces will come down in the future but at the moment, it is a little on the pricy side.

The overall length of this nacelle is ~250mm (10") and it will be sized for both the stock Dynamax shroud and my CF shroud. For the install, the one piece nacelle would be cut where the slots are shown. Once that small 4mm piece is cut off from both sides, the rear end of the nacelle would slide into the front end with about a 10mm overlap. There will be a rib and groove in place to snap both together for a secure fit and easy removal. I'll be printing the fist one next month to work out all the bugs and then making it available to print for anyone interested.
Nov 20, 2019, 07:54 PM
Thread OP

CF thrust tube

Received my sample CF thrust tubes. They weigh in at 180g and are rigid. This lot was made with a wall thickness of .8mm but they can be made as thin as .7mm, which would save a small amount of weight. Best part about this is that they are just 1/3 the cost of a 3D printed thrust tube at $80 shipped.

Quick Reply