Scored UMX Habu internals. What to do? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 06, 2017, 09:02 PM
Discussion

Scored UMX Habu internals. What to do?

Guys,

I recently bought a set of UMX Habu internals(28mm EDF, main board and servos) from a gentleman in the classifieds. This is my first EDF build. I want to build something real simple and cheap to get a feel for the EDF. What foam kit do you suggest for this size EDF?

Thanks!

RB
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2017, 11:21 AM
Do you mean full scratch build? Or something to drop them into, like another foamie? Sorry I have no specific ideas to contribute.
Aug 07, 2017, 11:53 AM
You could buy some Habu replacement parts and make it whole again. If you build something else then be careful to install the control horns in the same orientation as the Habu so that the receiver/gyro works properly.
Aug 07, 2017, 12:13 PM
I'm open to either full scratch build foamie or drop-into kits. Just want to make a use of those parts.
Aug 07, 2017, 01:52 PM
Well in that case, if it were me, I would do a UMX stand-off scale, profile, sheet foam RFB Fan Trainer.

...but that's just me
Aug 07, 2017, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by delaCierva
Well in that case, if it were me, I would do a UMX stand-off scale, profile, sheet foam RFB Fan Trainer.

...but that's just me

Cool plane! I like it. Is there a build plan available to purchase? Any kits available?
Aug 07, 2017, 04:21 PM
BFMAC Member #13
might want to look at this thread, and some of the other stuff this guy has done.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-EDF-or-pusher