Value Hobbies Tweety 25 - RC Groups
Aug 06, 2017, 10:28 AM
Discussion

Value Hobbies Tweety 25

I purchased and assembled this pretty ARF sport plane a year ago. I recently started flying it to find it is a great sport plane. Well built from balsa, plywood and a film covering. Excellent workmanship throughout. I used the recommended motor and a 60 amp esc with a 3C 2200 mah lipo. Very strong , solid flyer.

I did replace the supplied push rods, which bound somewhat with slightly thinner ones. Also added a cover over the open motor box , used 3 nylon bolts to secure the landing gear and put on low bounce wheels.

Cost me 79 bucks plus shipping. Great deal IMHO.

Gil
to remove ads between posts
Aug 09, 2017, 09:12 AM
nice mini review, i have looked at both the small one and large Tweetys, just was not sure how good they would be. the small tweety i think i would power it with a 4 cell set up... what was you all up weight on this plane. have any pics of 3 nylon bolts to secure the landing gear .. for me tho i think i would leave the motor open., you do have me thinking i should get this plane.also how dose this plane land slow or fast, I have brother thats getting back into flying to and this may be for him as well. sc
Aug 09, 2017, 09:39 AM
My Tweety 25 weighs in at the specified weight of 3.3 lbs with battery. It balanced fine with the 2200 3C lipo, Flies solid and with lots of "authority". Plenty of power with the recommended motor. The inexpensive G Force 3542 from Value Hobbies looks like a quality motor. I did find the recommended set up pulled more than 50 amps, so I wound up using a 60 amp esc.

Landings are what you would expect, easy with no surprises. Iv'e been landing at moderate speed. Ground handing is fine too. This plane will handle wind too.

Both the wing and landing gear attach with 4/40 metal bolts. I decided to stay with them for the wing but used nylon for the gear. If you hit hard with the metal bolts you would probably rip the bottom of the fuse out. I replaced the two metal bolts with nylon 4/40's and drilled a third hole in the middle of the two existing ones , tapped the wood plate in the fuse, hardened the thread with thin CA and added a third 4/40 nylon bolt.

There is plenty of air flow to cool things even with the additional cowl piece I made. I didn't care for the open area over the motor mount box.

I hope this helps, Gil
Aug 09, 2017, 12:15 PM
what kv motor did you use then
Aug 09, 2017, 01:22 PM

Motor KV

The GFORCE 3542 is also called the G15.
1250 KV
Sep 02, 2017, 07:27 AM
RC addict since 1974
Nice. I've been looking at this plane but hadn't run across any info on it until now. Another future sale, maybe in the larger size.
Sep 02, 2017, 10:00 AM
The 25 size is easy to see and fits in my truck assembled. I am lazy in my old age and like planes in the 48 to 52 inch wingspan group Easy to see and I store and transport them in one piece. I pretty much use only 2200 mah 3 c batteries.

I also really enjoy fling an E flight mini Ultrastick. Flies GREAT under all conditions, but you need to keep it close due to its size. Like the Tweety, this is another very nicely built plane. I would like the larger version even better as it would be c=very easy to see.
Oct 22, 2017, 02:59 PM
Looks like a nice easy transport plane. Does it take regular sized servo's or mini's. Thanks
Cheers
Oct 22, 2017, 03:51 PM
I used Hitech HS 81 micros. Work fine. Re transportation, I keep mine together so no set up time. I do drive a full size pick up truck, but this plane would fit in a sedan or SUV too. Very easy to see in the sky.