Aug 06, 2017, 08:06 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Flysky FS-it4s firmware

Please help us,does anyone have a copy of fs-it4s firmware 1.09 tm that they could post a link to,or a site to get a copy of tm firmware. I have tried to get this from Flysky customer service but they just say get it from the seller's site, we'll I bought it from Amazon North America ,and was supplied a Chinese T Mall radio with a T mall special firmware, there are multiple members on this site that are in the same predicament. We seem to be having a hard time getting an answer to the problem from Flysky. Thank you in advance for your help.

Wayne
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2017, 01:27 AM
Grumpa Tom
Yeah, pathetic isn't it. Why Flysky will not support the stupid TM version is maddening.
Aug 08, 2017, 05:47 AM
Thread OP
Just got an email from Michelle at Flysky customer service,one of a half dozen emails in two plus weeks of asking for help. She said that they "DO NOT SUPPORT FIRMWARE UPDATES ON TM VERSION MODELS". What I find interesting is I did not buy a Tmall radio I bought a Flysky radio from a North American dealer . I had never heard of TMALL before this. If I had I would have checked about updates. If I had bought a i6 or i10 radio from Hobbyking under there Turnigy name I would not expect FLYSKY to offer updates I would go to Hobbyking. This should be a warning to anyone thinking of buying a Flysky radio , will they put out a special firmware version that is not supported, and not change the name. Also they should try to control the sale of these "grey market " radio's . This is my first and last FLYSKY radio, and I will not recommend them to my club .

This should also be posted in the general radio forum so that everyone knows how FLYSKY treats it's customers and prospective customers.

And where is Jason on all of this?
Last edited by Cwt50; Aug 08, 2017 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Additional information
Aug 08, 2017, 06:09 PM
Grumpa Tom
That is a flat out lie! Because they do have TM firmware updates for the FS-i10 radio! I also have an FS-i10 and I also bought it from Amazon, but it came with CN firmware. So when I went looking at Flysky for the firmware update page, I had to scroll through the various versions and TM is one of them. So this customer service person is either lying or just a complete idiot that does not even know her own company!

Aug 08, 2017, 08:23 PM
Thread OP
Kmot ,I felt the same about the cs rep. Each time I had emails from her it was like everything was starting all over again, she even had a tone of " prove you have a tm version". I even asked just for a link to a site I could download the firmware. I am sorry but to me that was no customer service, if you can't control a grey market item, don't penalize your customer for not knowing about it.
If I had known about tm version not being supported, I would have asked the seller to give me the firmware version before buying.
What I also find interesting is that Jason is not commenting on this. Where is he or Flysky's rep on this site

Wayne
Aug 11, 2017, 02:38 PM
Thread OP
Amazing 5 1/2 days and no comments by Flysky,Jason where are you? You know a FS it4s is not a cheap radio, you can buy a i10 or 2 i6s radio's so I wonder why no support for it.
Last edited by Cwt50; Aug 11, 2017 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Spell check
Aug 11, 2017, 06:36 PM
Grumpa Tom
I think he is hoping the issue will just go away...
Aug 12, 2017, 05:00 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot
I think he is hoping the issue will just go away...
Sadly Flysky has made me feel mad ,I will do an update to this post every day or so just to keep it at the top of the site ,so everyone see's it .
Sep 08, 2017, 02:10 AM
So is there any update on this guys?I am not really burning for a firmware update as my FS-it4s working perfect with no bugs (at least i haven't found any) but if there is a release in other version i wouldn't say no if we could have it!
Sep 08, 2017, 11:38 AM
Grumpa Tom
Yes! It's there now. Check it out!

http://www.flysky-cn.com/download.html

EDIT: No, it's the same OLD firmware, dated 13-10-2015
Last edited by Kmot; Sep 08, 2017 at 01:06 PM.
Sep 08, 2017, 12:57 PM
Grumpa Tom
Well, I downloaded the "update" which has a date added to the FlySky website as August 2017. I just installed the update to my transmitter, and it is still version 1.08 dated October 13, 2015.

So in truth, it is not an "update" at all. It is the same firmware that was in my radio already.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...31&postcount=1
Last edited by Kmot; Sep 08, 2017 at 01:05 PM.
Sep 09, 2017, 04:29 AM
Yeap it says 1.0.8 when you open the file, I wonder what is the point of putting that firmware as a new update over there..
Sep 09, 2017, 07:55 AM
Thread OP
AT least we got them to recognize that there is a TM version and that it is sold to all of the world, not just in China.
Sep 20, 2017, 01:03 PM
Rek. käyt.
What's the difference between TM and CN? (Is the 1.0.9 fw in Chinese only?)

My new one is:
1.08-TM
13-10-2015
Hardware 3.0

Edit. I noticed that in the manual under System Settings there's a Themes setting but it's not on the device?
Last edited by nulli; Sep 21, 2017 at 07:29 AM.
Sep 25, 2017, 01:34 PM
Grumpa Tom
TM stands for "T-Mall", a retailer that sells only in China. However, re-sellers have bought these units and sold them through Amazon and other outlets possibly. It has proprietary software, and it does not get supported by FlySky like the other versions do. So, while other versions (CN, US) get updated, the TM does not.

Quick Reply