Aug 05, 2017, 06:05 PM
Expert At Rapid Deconstruction
Thread OP
Discussion

3rd Annual Wilson Fall Fun Fly (WF3)

The third annual Wilson Fall Fun Fly (WF3) will be held the weekend of Fri Oct 6th thru Sun Oct 8th.

As in the past, this is just a fun fly. No entrance fee. No t-shirt. No organization. The WF3 is a non-event open to everyone who loves flying at Wilson, and at least for us out-of-staters, an excuse to come back to central Kansas and fly the wonderful slopes around Wilson more than once a year.

Come one! Come all! The more, the merrier.

Post your intentions on this thread.

'looking forward to flyin' with you at Wilson again in the fall.

... Greg

(As in the past, I'll probably arrive either the Monday or Tuesday before the weekend and in time for some late afternoon / evening flying. Then fly thru the week and head back to Colorado on Sunday, Oct 8th.)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2017, 07:06 PM
And Repairs
Gonna be great. Hope to be there by Thursday morning. Will leave Saturday evening unless there's an epic forecast for Sunday.
Ty

In the spirit of pics, I've been putting some new bling on old planes...
Aug 05, 2017, 09:07 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
I am looking forward to being there with a bunch of old planes and maybe a new one or two.

Sorry no pics, you've already seen my old beat up planes and my new ones aren't built yet.

Mark
Aug 06, 2017, 08:23 PM
Last edited by acclivity; Aug 31, 2017 at 11:04 PM.
Aug 27, 2017, 11:03 AM
Hope to be there as this is a super time to just fly and have some time with a great bunch of guys. Thanks again for doing this Greg . Erik
Sep 01, 2017, 02:22 PM
Thread OP
There seems to be a strong undercurrent to move this year's WF3 to the weekend before: Sept 29th - Oct 1st. I'm neutral, as I feel the more the merrier. What are your thoughts?

... Greg
Sep 01, 2017, 03:12 PM
NY Slope Dog
Mike, Todd, Chance and myself vote for this earlier date. I'm on the road the week prior and will save a lot of driving to combine with "Nashbro"

hope to see you'all soon,

Joe-- instigating the undertow
Sep 01, 2017, 09:17 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Either one works for me

Mark
Sep 02, 2017, 11:29 AM
And Repairs
Either works for me.
Joe, Glad to hear you're trying to make it.

Ty
Sep 02, 2017, 08:53 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
There is an aerotow in Wichita the on the 5th to the 8th of October, (the current weekend we are scheduled). We might pick up one or two by moving it a week earlier, but no guarantees.
Sep 03, 2017, 02:36 PM
You are looking at changing the date within a month of the scheduled event?
Sep 03, 2017, 03:25 PM
Thread OP
Change the date of WF3? Possibly. It depends on which week/weekend works best for the most pilots. WF3 is just a "non-event" fun fly. A gathering of slope junkies who enjoy flying at Wilson, and need more than one "fix" (the MWSC) a year.

... Greg
Sep 06, 2017, 10:26 PM
I will go to both weekends, just let me know.
Todd
Sep 07, 2017, 09:37 AM
Thread OP
Well... It appears the earlier date (the week of Sept 24th) works better for or is available to the majority of pilots... So... by the power vested in me ()... I so declare...

The 2017 Wilson Fall Fun Fly will be the week of Sept 24th - 30th, with the majority of action being Friday and Saturday.

'looking forward to seeing you there!

... Greg
Sep 07, 2017, 09:45 AM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Sounds great Greg, I'm making reservations today. I will be there on the 27th and leave on the 1st.
Mark

Quick Reply