This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 05, 2017, 05:53 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Progress continues on the C-47

This has been a heck of a lot of work on a foam model, but it's been nothing but fun thus far! What's more, I'm still ahead of the game with the cost of all of the supplies compared to starting with a new ARF or bare airframe.

As of today, some details are now in place including the windows, oil coolers and skylight dome. The new Park Flyer Plastics cockpit kit was installed last weekend and it looks absolutely stunning. I'm not going to use the radial engines; according to Keith Sparks at Park Flyer Plastics, the heavy cowls with their out-of-scale engines help with the CG. The cowls themselves are painted and once I dress the damaged hubs with my Dremel, I'll tackle the remaining engine detail.

Repairs are down to the removal and straightening of the main landing gear struts and painting is down to the wheels. The prototype What's Up Doc? has natural aluminum wheels and the model, interestingly enough, had wheels painted olive drab from the factory.

The museum staff members have been a tremendous help and I was fortunate enough to get a lot of detail shots of the aircraft while it was in a hangar being overhauled. I've also been offered a ride once repairs are complete and believe me, I'm going to take them up on that generous offer.

I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel! Stay tuned for more.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply