Sep 23, 2017, 06:59 AM
BMFA 120061
Thread OP

Cross posted this, but credit where it is due.

Ok, I am happy to be writing this.
I had a Spektrum AR600 with a faulty (damaged) antenna.
I did not trust it for use in a model, so I decided to 'test' HH EU.

I sent it off over a month ago and forgot about it.
Anyway, this morning a brand new AR610 was waiting for me!

I'm really pleased and this shows the HH has not given up on the UK, I suspect that the issues are to do with a poorly executed transition to Germany.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2017, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMart
Ok, I am happy to be writing this.
I had a Spektrum AR600 with a faulty (damaged) antenna.
I did not trust it for use in a model, so I decided to 'test' HH EU.

I sent it off over a month ago and forgot about it.
Anyway, this morning a brand new AR610 was waiting for me!

I'm really pleased and this shows the HH has not given up on the UK, I suspect that the issues are to do with a poorly executed transition to Germany.
Nice!

I think I remember you saying that you send it to them hoping they would "respond"... hear of your success I am willing to try the same with my 7V burned SPM4649T (after it is pobably a month now that I wrote them a mail and a support ticket with no usccess)

Could you tell me again what you included and where you send it to?

Thanks a lot!
Sep 23, 2017, 11:20 AM
BMFA 120061
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianGoesPro
Nice!

I think I remember you saying that you send it to them hoping they would "respond"... hear of your success I am willing to try the same with my 7V burned SPM4649T (after it is pobably a month now that I wrote them a mail and a support ticket with no usccess)

Could you tell me again what you included and where you send it to?

Thanks a lot!
I logged into Horizon hobby UK
Started a ticket and told them about the problem I was having.
They told me to send it in and gave me an address.
I posted it about 6 weeks ago, untracked. I had forgotten about it to be fair.
Then this morning knock at the door and I had a replacement.

I then started a new ticket just to thank them.

I have publicised this great service on here and on Facebook so it should go some way to restoring their reputation.

It would help to included a purchase receipt if you have one, and a brief letter stating your problem and a return address.
Sep 23, 2017, 11:50 AM

Re- My DX9 Battery discharging problem

Hi Fella's

I also have good new - remember in the other place Page 1601 / #48023 ...( read on ) I was told that it was an F.E.T fault, but would suffer a midnight knock, if told where it was - scary - .....

I found out where said FET is and replaced it - not sure if it has actually cured the fault ( cos it's intermittent) but on bench testing the removed one, could not get the FET to operate, so could be on the right track - Yippee -

The gentleman who did the investigation was on another DX9 he had in for repair with same same fault... was no other than ''Mr Mike Ridley Esq & Bar'' ( Southhamton)

He did a bit of reverse engineering ( no he's not Chinese ) and chose a suitable FET - job done

He posted two FET's yesterday (foc) so have replaced my defective one - hopefully problem solved.

So if you have any probs with your Tx's etc - get in touch with him - Germany is a long way away and until HH have set up a reliable conduit and service operation AND notified everyone... Press/Mags/Forums... give em a miss.

Oh - it goes without saying Mike is finding it difficult procuring spare parts since HH's ship sailed away ...joe
Sep 23, 2017, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMart
I logged into Horizon hobby UK
Started a ticket and told them about the problem I was having.
They told me to send it in and gave me an address.
I posted it about 6 weeks ago, untracked. I had forgotten about it to be fair.
Then this morning knock at the door and I had a replacement.

I then started a new ticket just to thank them.

I have publicised this great service on here and on Facebook so it should go some way to restoring their reputation.

It would help to included a purchase receipt if you have one, and a brief letter stating your problem and a return address.
was the address in Germany? If so could you look it up? I am thinking about just sending it there with the Ticket number and a short letter
Sep 27, 2017, 06:58 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadango
HH? Please.... i wan't some service and an answer when i request support. HH EU has not done that lately..... NEVER will i by HH stuff again. There is so much more in the world
That's what I'm wondering. Horizon quite apparently abandoned the UK. UK hobbyists need to return the favor. Fly any old Horizon stuff you may have until it's dead and just quit buying any new stuff from them right this second. Break the cycle.
Sep 27, 2017, 07:01 PM
BMFA 120061
Thread OP
My point in the other thread about the UK shops, many of the shops I used (Inwoods, Steve Webb Models etc) used to sell HH products, they no longer do.
They now sell Spektrum clones, LemonRx etc
At the RC shows this year the retail side had been devastated and the shops that where no longer HH partners where the hardest hit.
Sep 28, 2017, 04:16 AM
Bank & Yanker!!
Just seen this.......

Al's Hobbies
25 September at 10:25 ˇ
Here at Al's Hobbies we've always promoted our technical abilities. As approved Spektrum service providers, we can offer you both support when making your purchase and provide the necessary skills to keep you flying, racing, bashing and smiling for years after!
If you'd like to see our range of spektrum radio equipment and more just visit; www.alshobbies.co.uk/

Direct link......
https://www.facebook.com/Alshobbies/...310988/?type=3

A very positive step in the right direction for us methinks?

Peter
Sep 28, 2017, 04:41 AM
You guys are gonna hate me, but i for one won't break the cycle and will continue to be a HH customer.

All i want to do is go play with toy aircraft and HH provide me with a easy way to do that. Did i get frustrated at HH EU? yes, then i stopped to think i shop at Primark so i don't care about the 'ethics' of business'.

It's not my job to support my little local hobby shop and hold their hand. When i want something i go to the place who has it and can get it to me the quickest. I don't shop with my heart.

As for Al's, it's great! even if it's a service you have to pay for. At least i can get a repair or parts and keep my radio in the UK should i never it looking at.
Sep 28, 2017, 04:52 AM
BMFA 120061
Thread OP
Als Hobbies essentially having a UK 'monopoly' on HH equipment isn't going to negatively effect my life in any way.
I'm not going to loose any sleep over it.
Sep 28, 2017, 06:48 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandiferous16
Fly any old Horizon stuff you may have until it's dead and just quit buying any new stuff from them right this second. Break the cycle.
100% agreed. HHEXIT
Sep 28, 2017, 06:06 PM
löl guys... just stumbled over this ad on youtube...

"new name, old quality
Staufenbiel is now called
Horizon Hobby"

...looks like they are everything but withdrawing out of Europe....
Sep 29, 2017, 04:59 AM
If you read it correctly then they are right. Staufenbiel has a new name (Horizon Hobby) with old Staufenbiel quality. I never had to deal with their service quality, but obviously it must have been terrible.
Last edited by Mukenukem; Sep 29, 2017 at 01:16 PM.
Sep 29, 2017, 01:47 PM
Suspended Account
Staufenbiel has always had nice gliders but I won't purchase from them anymore since they are owned by that crap company. sorry
Oct 13, 2017, 09:54 AM
aka KF7DS
This thread has been quiet, so I decided to bump it to life again.

Was the UK issue solved by Al’s servicing Spektrum radios? Is his service a part of HH official repair services?

I gave up on Spektrum for my gliders due to the expense of outfitting each sailplane with an RX and altitude and voltage telemetry, and the fact that Spektrum telemetry is flaky and unreliable. I found that Lemon telemetry works much better. Frsky rx’s and telemetry is solid and inexpensive- I can outfit 3 gliders for the same price as outfitting one with Spektrum. However, still using my DX9 for all my BNF and UMX stuff.

Should be taking delivery of a new Frsky X10 today and plan to try Frsky OS on it, as all my sailplanes are simple setups (mostly RES). Will let you know how it goes. Was $350 vs $450 for a new DX9. It’s gonna be killer if Frsky gets it’s OS to work with the multi protocol module.

Don

Quick Reply