Horizon Hobby EU (UK) pricing and service thread. - Page 3 - RC Groups
Sep 08, 2017, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimducati
Just read on another forum here in the UK that (certainly for some items) repairs are being shipped out from Germany to USA service for repair, then back to Germany, then back to customer.
Surely not something that could be done long term?? Although at least it shows that something is being done and the problems are being acknowledged.
Kim
Sure that takes a lot of time but in the end you get the same quality "service" with your device then... hm... as of right now I think this is good news
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2017, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimducati
Just read on another forum here in the UK that (certainly for some items) repairs are being shipped out from Germany to USA service for repair, then back to Germany, then back to customer.
Surely not something that could be done long term?? Although at least it shows that something is being done and the problems are being acknowledged.
Kim
I heard that from a forum member in Germany, too. Really sick. Either they want to shrink the backlog this way or there are no technicians in Germany anymore. Or none working for what they pay ?
4 weeks or more without a radio ? No way. I would accept that in winter but not in the flying season just because some idiots were not able to anticipate what would happen if you fire most of the personnel....

At least the repair quality should benefit from it.
Sep 11, 2017, 05:19 PM
Might have been that same forum, another guy claims that he was told straight from the horses mouth (whoever the horse is) that a very well known UK model shop will be taking over to provide official servicing in the UK.

No one has said what shop it is, but if it's the same one I'm thinking of then it's the same one that someone predicted on here once would get the servicing and his theory was crushed, but he could turn out to be right?

Then again it could just be more Internet rumours.

I'm fully back and fully bought into HH/Spektrum stuff, had one small issue but dealing with the vendor to sort it. Now I just need that UMX Timber, what's taking the boat so long to get them here?! Haha.
Sep 11, 2017, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
Now I just need that UMX Timber, what's taking the boat so long to get them here?! Haha.
it's funny how their BNF really keep the brand alive Without the 180cfx... I probably wouldn't even have become a 2.4Ghz Spektrum user
Sep 11, 2017, 07:46 PM
I'm far too lazy to build haha.

Plus after all my frustration I can't pretend I'm not a Horizon fan boy, I love their stuff.
Sep 12, 2017, 09:42 AM
Andy stated that the thing with UK service is not happening. On the other hand, maybe it would be faster if all EU ppl send their stuff to UK for service....

As for the BNF stuff, there are some rules. 1st model is usually crap. Never buy it on release, no spare parts available. And half a year later there will be an improved version with most of the bugs fixed.
Nano QX was okay. The FPV version was crap, way too weak for the cam. V2 was okay. And now the latest iteration seems also okay.
Large Helis BNF ? Never ever, way too dangerous. A buddy reworked a 550 or 700 size Blade. Missing Loctite on vital scews and so on. I prefer building it myself.
The 180CFX was the only Blade heli I own that flew really well out of the box (I have a MCPX, 2 nano CPX, Nano QX, Nano QX/FPV, Inductrix). But don't you dare using other main or tail blades....
Last edited by Mukenukem; Sep 12, 2017 at 09:49 AM.
Sep 12, 2017, 10:24 AM
True, no spare parts, but the X-Vert, for me, was the best preorder I ever did xD Even got the FPV Tilt asap... both working quite well and well enough to be an awesome thing to have
Sep 12, 2017, 04:33 PM
Suspenders Account
The 180 CFX is the only blade heli I still fly.
I still have a mcpx v2 as well though
Sep 13, 2017, 09:06 AM
Unfortunately all my helis are sitting ducks at the moment. From time to time I fly my T-Rex 550, but mostly small quads. Limited time mainly
Sep 13, 2017, 10:06 AM
Suspenders Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
Unfortunately all my helis are sitting ducks at the moment. From time to time I fly my T-Rex 550, but mostly small quads. Limited time mainly
I've not flown at all since I was mugged, I've still got double vision and broken wrist.
Lost my job as well.
Sep 17, 2017, 08:18 PM
Pete Rihoy, Guernsey.
Well, it's now a full 5 weeks since I sent my e-mail for service to HH E.U. (using the link that was supplied to me by the U.S. service centre) and, guess what..............? Sod All, so there's a surprise

In that time, I gave up on them, ordered a pair of Taranis M9 gimbals (on "special" from Bang Good a 33.70 delivered), received them via Thailand Post, fitted, tested and have been using them for nearly a week.

They work perfectly on my Phoenix flight sim. (which is where I've relegated the DX5e to, after converting my Apprentice to my new DX9). Even when they were nearly new, the old "pot" gimbals used to wander at the mid point on the Phoenix monitor. These Hall Sensor ones are rock solid

In truth, I doubt I would have sent them for replacement anyway as postage would probably have cost more than I spent. As US service said to me in an e-mail; "Hello Peter, It's unfortunate to hear that the calibration process has not resolved the trouble. As the nearest service facility is located in Germany it may not be cost effective to send it there. If you wish, there address is listed below." but I never got the option as they have ignored me!

I've seen recent posts here suggesting "Horse's Mouth" stories about what is happening. Pie-in-the-sky! If HH had ANY intention of curing our problems, they would, at least, be answering our e-mails. They can do that remotely from the U.S., at least acknowledging receipt of our 'mails and tell us to bear with them, but NOTHING! Our only hope is that a commercial enterprise can obtain spares supply and offer a service, but I've not got a lot of faith in that either TBH.

This Tread was created, at Andy's behest, as a place to "Co-ordinate" complaints about E.U. Service to better address the problem. Sorry, that's BS. This is just a "Ghetto" that we have been relegated to because we were contaminating the other place! There were a growing number of U.S. based owners on there who were expressing concerns, rightly IMO, that HH will decide to rationalise their service over there too, "The canary in the mine" was how one U.S. owner described it. That is all this is, a place for EU owners to whine without scaring off potential owners where they are still, for the time being, providing a service to sell off of.

Peter.
Last edited by Beemer444; Sep 17, 2017 at 08:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Sep 18, 2017, 02:39 AM
Suspenders Account
Take a look at the new Horus X10
I'm waiting for user reviews from non fan boys.
It looks promising though as the 'missing link' between cheap toy like radios and high end stuff like Jeti.
Sep 18, 2017, 04:45 AM
Nicely put Peter, especially the last part.
Sep 18, 2017, 07:26 AM
Suspenders Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
Nicely put Peter, especially the last part.
Agree.

I think you would be a fool to invest serious money in Spektrum in the UK now. (DX20).
Sep 18, 2017, 05:02 PM
Especially if it is buggy. I know of a guy who has sent the 2nd back because of range issues. German service was no help (and taking 4 weeks to check a brand new radio is unacceptable). He is moving on to another mfg.